This sweepstakes is OVER! Meet our esteemed winners:
Kids.Woot TEK RECON Sweepstakes!
Woot is offering four TEK RECON HammerHead Battle 2 Bundles, one each to four randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date and time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- Promotion begins at 1:00 p.m. (CT) on September 4, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 5:00 p.m. (CT) on September 4, 2013.
- Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I want a two pack!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
- Amazon/Woot and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
- Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
- Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
- The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!
Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.
Q. Do I HAVE to follow the Woot Facebook page?
A. No. But you should! Because you love us.
Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the sweepstakes period and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.
Q. Will you update us when you pick the winner?
A. I will! But give me a good 30 minutes or so to send the email out. I update with their name when I get an email back from them accepting the release/terms.
Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.
Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone until end of day 09/06 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email (this has only ever happened once though).
Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.
Q. I REALLY FOR SOME REASON NEEDED TO REPLY WITH A BLANK COMMENT QUOTING YOUR RULES BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED OR SOMETHING WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
A. I don't even know why you're doing that, of course I'm going to delete it! If you need to keep those rules in one of your posts then add something! Anything!