WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Christian Jackson Fairy Tale Canvas Art

Each generation learns the fairy tales in a different way. Let your kids figure out their version with these nigh-minimalistic character summaries that- oh, too much? Well, they'll look nice on the walls and that's all that matters.

gti87

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gti87

Oh! Memes Galore!...so as a collector of Wizard of Oz, I was hoping they had one of that story. Am I seeing it correctly? Heart, Brains, Balls??!! If so, YES! I LOVE IT! It would make sense. Got to have balls for courage.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gti87 wrote:Oh! Memes Galore!...so as a collector of Wizard of Oz, I was hoping they had one of that story. Am I seeing it correctly? Heart, Brains, Balls??!! If so, YES! I LOVE IT! It would make sense. Got to have balls for courage.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

loribeads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loribeads
gti87 wrote:Oh! Memes Galore!...so as a collector of Wizard of Oz, I was hoping they had one of that story. Am I seeing it correctly? Heart, Brains, Balls??!! If so, YES! I LOVE IT! It would make sense. Got to have balls for courage.

I came over here to confirm that the third icon was, indeed, indicative of testicular fortitude.

gti87

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gti87

Still obsessed with this, I did some internet sleuthing. Straight from the creators mouth:

"Any stories you'd like to share about making these?
I'm not sure it's a story, but a lot of folks have been puzzled by the Wizard of Oz poster. The last symbol in particular. And with the recent boom in the popularity of the series this trend has become more apparent.
Since I don't consider myself an artist, I don't care about the mystery or letting the audience interpret the work for themselves, so I'm just going to tell you. Some have guessed it, some are denying it, but most everyone is thinking it. They're balls. Big… hairy… balls.

In the story, the Cowardly Lion was the only one who requested something intangible. So, I had to make it tangible. Coincidentally, it worked out in the overall balance of the design to use an upside-down heart. It still makes me laugh."

I'll also cite my source http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/minimalist-fairy-tale-posters

rebemdee

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rebemdee

These retail for a bit over 40 bucks so no big savings but they are very cool.

tfseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfseth

So the Wizard of Oz is not child appropriate? That's unfortunate.

rebemdee

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rebemdee
tfseth wrote:So the Wizard of Oz is not child appropriate? That's unfortunate.

You could always say the part representing the lion is his nose. It could be. Sort of.

masupo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masupo

I too chuckled at the Wizard of Oz. Unfortunately, Sleeping Beauty reminds me of Lady Cassandra from the Doctor Who ep The End of The World.