lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Item: MOTA R/C 360? UFOx
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

I just saw one of these the other day. My nephew (5y/o) immediately was able to fly it around the house with no problem. It doesn't take much of a breeze to make it very difficult to use outside though.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when this was offered about a month ago

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out this video

papersmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papersmith

Don't waste your money, ordered this last month and it arrived DOA. Woot still has not responded to my email for a refund. Crappy product and unfortunately crappy service to boot.

ewhac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ewhac

I bought one of these a while back when they were $25.00, and I'm not displeased, given that gadgets of its type have been known to go for as much as $100.00. But I must say MOTA's marketing is a bit over the top.

First of all, the toy is by no means, "Indestructible." In fact I managed to destruct a couple of the propeller blades (for which MOTA graciously sent me replacements).

Second, the box claims it can fly inverted. I can't begin to imagine how this is accomplished, given the physics involved, and have made no attempts to try.

Third, the thing is made very cheaply, and my copy's "sphere" is out of true. As a consequence, it doesn't hover in a stationary location, but drifts lazily backward. I've learned to simply accept that as its normal forward velocity, and fly it around like that.

For those who have said the controls aren't very responsive: RTFM. The control link is infrared, not radio. You must maintain line-of-sight contact between the controller's emitter and the toy, or you will lose control. And make certain the batteries in the controller are fully charged; weak batteries will reduce your control range.

Despite these drawbacks, I consider it a good purchase -- a frivolous novelty I fly around the office when I'm bored. You could easily spend $20.00 on less amusing things.

glabifrons

quality posts: 3 Private Messages glabifrons

"This, for example, was under 'H' for 'toy'."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfbqJpn8fN8 (skip to 1:09)

englishchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages englishchap

I bought one of these last time they were offered. My grandson enjoyed playing with it for about 5 minutes. It landed on it side and somehow split one blade, it is very flimsy, not even close to indistructible.
I replaced the blade, but then it would not fly straight. It turns out the screws to tighten the blade and the arm are very sensitive to adjustment. I finally gave up as it is became impossible to fly.
It's garbage, went in the trash.

cobyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cobyn

Do NOT buy, the infrared range on these remotes are terrible. you would need to line up the receiver and transmitter spot on and keep it there the entire time. NOT FUN

kwkilcoyne

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwkilcoyne

Drone starter kit.

tpyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpyne

Well, to "speak the truth" it's not a "radio controlled" flying machine, it's an infrared light controlled flying machine. Pretty cool nonetheless! But I'm thinking this would be for mainly indoors, and you might have trouble outdoors particularly in bright sunlight (?)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

papersmith wrote:Don't waste your money, ordered this last month and it arrived DOA. Woot still has not responded to my email for a refund. Crappy product and unfortunately crappy service to boot.

CS says they sent you an email on Aug 8 and are waiting on a reply from you. Could you check your spam/junk folders? If you don't find it, send them another email. Also, make sure your email on your account info is correct.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

flyrodder68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyrodder68
cobyn wrote:Do NOT buy, the infrared range on these remotes are terrible. you would need to line up the receiver and transmitter spot on and keep it there the entire time. NOT FUN

This. I must've bought a half dozen of them heli flying gizmos. I bought the inexpensive ones along with the top rated expensive ones but frankly they all pretty suck. Spend your money somewhere else.

thompsonmkt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thompsonmkt

This thing is the worst piece of junk I have ever got from woot! It is nearly uncontrollable by child or adult. The remote control constantly looses contact with the UFO. It basically goes up looses contact, flies real high and drops to the earth. It is useless and a terrible product. Completely wasted my money, thank goodness it wasn't much. But I will be more weary of stuff on woot! from now on.

looking4stoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages looking4stoof

Great, these comments are not very encouraging! I bought 2 of these to give as Christmas gifts. One of them was going to my young grandson. Now after reading these comments, I am questioning if I should maybe reconsider my gifts. Sad.