WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Does your child read lower, at, or above his/her reading level?
  • 5.1% - Lower 48
  • 12.7% - At 121
  • 53.5% - Above 508
  • 26.2% - My child doesn't read. 249
  • 2.5% - I've got something to say about this in the comments. 24
950 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

elldee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elldee

Guys, this is a trick question to test our reading comprehension, right? By definition, the reading level at which one reads IS one's reading level. How could the answer be "above" or "lower?" My little one reads 4 grades above her school-grade-level, if that's what you're asking. :-)

smg560

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smg560

I don't have a child.

Steven M. Geisler

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts

I love both my kids equally so I cannot choose just one:

10 year old - below a bit
8 year old - at level

ksjosker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksjosker

I have 4 daughters. 3 of them are above while the other is at or maybe a bit below.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

We taught the kid to read a couple of years ago and she was reading books before Kindergarten, the problem with that is that she was also reading informative signs about things that she wanted to do but we did not want to do before she was in Kindergarten.

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

Mine just turned four last weekend, and has been reading on his own for a couple of months now.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

I have twins the boy is at if not slightly below and the girl is way above.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

A read have not I grade up!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Wanted to share this....My son is 19 years old. Before he was born, I managed a bookstore for about 8 years. As you can imagine, I had already bought many books for him before he was even conceived. I read his first book to him when he was 2 days old. As he got a little older, I read to him multiple books daily. Imagine my disappointment when he started to school & hated reading. All through school he excelled in math & was behind in reading. For awhile in elementary school, he read the Goosebumps books, but that declined. Around the 10th grade, something clicked. For some reason he picked up one of my David Sedaris books (Me Talk Pretty One Day, I think) & it triggered an interest. Now he reads a lot. And his interest is more diverse than mine.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

raggedyhands

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raggedyhands

At at at at. Read the question. You have to read AT your reading level.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

... where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.