WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Who is harder to potty train, boys or girls?
  • 30.1% - Boys 208
  • 7.7% - Girls 53
  • 62.2% - Depends on the kid 429
690 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Should have had "Depends on the parents" as an option. The parents can ruin potty training for any kid really fast if they're not careful.

I have 6 kids (5 potty trained); in case you wonder if I've been through it.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

Depends on the breed. :P~

ctavares

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctavares

I had lots and LOTS of people telling me not to even bother attempting to potty train our son until he turned 4. Seriously? I thought to myself... no way can we afford to keep our baby in diapers that long! So I let him follow me into the bathroom when he started toddling around - he watched, then he started copying on his little potty. Low and behold, with positive reinforcement and encouragement, he was daytime potty trained by the time he turned 2! And fully night-time potty trained by six months later. Eat that you people who thought a boy child would be incapable of being taught bodily control! I never actively pushed potty training on him - I only praised it when he chose to do it on his own, emulating my behaviors. There was no pressure, just teaching and learning and love. And it got us out of expensive diapers far faster than anyone expected, and had all those nay-sayers asking my advice, to which I replied with what I've typed above, essentially. Now that my son is six, we've figured out that yes, he's intellectually "gifted", high IQ, or whatever you want to call it. But at the age of 1.5-2, he didn't seem any different than our other toddler friends, so I can't blame his smarts for this one. But I can take credit for the love and positive reinforcement we've always given him. So yay for good parenting!