Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3284 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Here are a couple of comments from when this was offered in July

heidi1361

quality posts: 6 Private Messages heidi1361

I bought these for my kids in a previous Woot.
We recently went to Niagara Falls (10hr travel time each way). The kids used them in the car for reading & drawing & they were great.
On one of them, the light detached from the desk, but I was able to reattach it with a hot glue gun (and it works fine). The problem was probably at least partly due to them being stored stacked on top of eachother.

Lister22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Lister22

I had bought three of them last year from Woot for Christmas presents. Within two days one light arm had broken off, another light was still attached but the light never worked, and the third one still works afaik. Not a great track record.

mracel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mracel

I also bought three of these before Christmas (different designs though). The idea is great, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Just like the other posters have mentioned, wiring must be fixed to make the lights work, lights must be reattached, and all of the inserts (pencil holder, drink holder, etc.) need to be glued in place since they pop out allowing Styrofoam filling to escape. Once you fix everything, they are great. So, purchasing this lapdesk all depends on if you want something your kids can use out-of-the-box or if you are looking for a family craft project!

lockednloaded

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lockednloaded

I'm a 20-something "adult" that purchased this to work on school work in bed. I can't speak to how these hold up under the abuse of children who are less than 24.

I purchased one of these a while back and I have mostly good things to say about it. A few people have commented on the product being cheaply made and they're mostly right, but you're paying 10 bucks for it. Were you expecting mahogany?

Mine worked out of the box without any issues. The light is super bright (to be expected from LEDs I supposed) so you might sear your eyeballs with it if you decide to use it at night. In fact, it will likely wake up anyone in the same room as you and *might* even work as a lighthouse in a pinch. You can position the light in the direction you need it and create the perfect lighting for your needs.

The desk itself is sturdy enough that I don't feel bad about leaning on it with both elbows. I've written notes on it and my pen hasn't left impressions in the top of it.

The foam beads inside aren't the most comfortable thing in the world, but I've used this desk for a few hours at a time with minimal discomfort. You won't be using this as a pillow any time soon. People said that the beads come out, but mine came sealed in a fabric pouch so maybe they've fixed the design flaw.

My (petty?) complaints:
The desk is too small for larger textbooks. I wanted to open a textbook and study in bed but the light arm gets in the way. The book ends up sliding off of the desk since it can't be centered. However, this is fine for smaller textbooks and journals.

There's no easy way to clean the felt/fleece on the back. I try not to let things get janky so it'd be really cool if I could take it off and clean it. People with kids would probably like that too.

The pencil holder and cup holder don't sit flush with the desk surface, so the edges of my books bump into them and get that insufferable nick in the pages that my OCD doesn't handle very well.

>:3