WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Vacation season's almost over. Did you take the kids anywhere?
  • 13.5% - Nowhere more serious than the mall. 133
  • 20.6% - We went to see family. It was nice to get away from home! 203
  • 14.7% - We went to a kid place like Disneyland or a theme park! It was great! 145
  • 6.8% - We didn't, but we plan to rectify that around the holidays. 67
  • 44.4% - I don't have kids to take anywhere. And yet, I hang out taking polls about kids. Am I wasting my life? 438
986 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

Camping,we went camping. In a pop-up trailer.

jediokie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jediokie

The beach. We went to the ocean.

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

We live in a community with a private beach on a lake so there was that almost every weekend, we went to Sesame Place one weekend, and we are going camping on the Long Island Sound one weekend (Don't judge, the sound is cleaner than you think).

Why go crazy on Summer vacation? There are warm places to go in the winter.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

My kids are in their 30's.

Did go camping with one of the kids & the grandkids, though...

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1

Didn't go anywhere with her, but sent her to the beach twice with friends, a couple of sports camps, a couple of church retreats. We really didn't see her more than about 7 days in a row this summer.

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls

Went to the Mall of America.. we don't live close to it...so it was a vacation.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

Although we DID go to a theme park, it was just the one about 3 miles from our house. Granted, people DO come from a long ways away to come to it, but to us it's not much different than going to the mall. AND we only go because my son works there and we can get in for $11/each versus $50/each. So, does that count under the "disneyland and theme park" option? Probably not...

lolamarya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lolamarya
jediokie wrote:The beach. We went to the ocean.

I totally forgot I took mine to the beach. First time I had gone since I was 10. I was not impressed. The little one loved it. The things we do for our children.

smharbuck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smharbuck

We took our little one to a friend's wedding, and my husband took our son to visit family. I do love how all of the vacation options in the poll end with how great the vacation was...but what if it was an awful experience (not that ours was, but I am just curious)..

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919

I have a newborn, so everyone else has been visiting us on THEIR vacations.

mand3licious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mand3licious

I have a two year old so we went to the pool A LOT. But mostly we visited Papa and Grammi. We live in FL (in Orlando actually - but no Disney for us until she's old enough to enjoy it and not ruin everyone else's trip....so 4ish). We did go see the Mermaids at Weeki Wachee Springs! That was a pretty good day for $13.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Our kids are old enough now where they could plausibly not want to go anywhere with us, but
Thank God they still humor us with their presence.

dajur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dajur

We took our 6 month old to Alaska to visit family. Fun trip.