WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Oopsi Headguards

There's nothing wrong with helping nature keep your baby safe until that soft spot fixes itself. Consider it a stylish crown for Prince or Princess Baby. And, honestly, your baby won't mind. Right now, everything they do is cute. Some head protection won't change that one bit.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I couldn't buy this for my toddler. I would feel like she was special needs with this on. She does bump into things a lot, but that's a part of growing up. It helps you learn to be aware of your surroundings. I think it only took her hitting her head 3 times on the underside of the table to teach her to stand up slowly and be careful.

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo

This is a little appalling. Do they sell bubble wrap jackets and pants, too?? My generation was raised without any baby proofing. My Mom watches my nephew two days a week and NONE of her cabinets are locked, no plugs are capped. Instead, she actually watches him. Yes, he opens them once in a while, but one of them has stuff he's allowed to play with and he's been taught not to mess with the others.

atf624

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atf624

My son wouldn't keep this on his head for 30 seconds. He won't wear a hat to keep the sun out of his eyes, he definitely wouldn't want anything to do with this goofy contraption. The idea just seems silly. Is there some epidemic of head injuries in infants and toddlers? I don't like that my little guy bumps his head, but it's going to happen. This thing wouldn't protect a child from a sever fall or blow to the head anyway. They'll probably sell a ton of these to nervous parents, though.

laure4388

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laure4388
atf624 wrote:My son wouldn't keep this on his head for 30 seconds. He won't wear a hat to keep the sun out of his eyes, he definitely wouldn't want anything to do with this goofy contraption. The idea just seems silly. Is there some epidemic of head injuries in infants and toddlers? I don't like that my little guy bumps his head, but it's going to happen. This thing wouldn't protect a child from a sever fall or blow to the head anyway. They'll probably sell a ton of these to nervous parents, though.

My son would never keep this on either. It is probably on woot because no one is actually buying them

wootatuetech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootatuetech

OOpsi - I wasted a bunch of money!

star84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages star84

Or just put a hat on them like we do here on Earth.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

There are so many weird things out there that pander to paranoid parents. Add this one to the list.

wrmohamed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrmohamed

These are very useful if you are a helicopter mom.
Chop chop chop chop chop
I used to be one, then I had 2 more kids.

greenfelderkl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greenfelderkl

While I think this product is completely ridiculous, I do think the kiddo modeling one is absolutely a doll!

Miggity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miggity

This is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen on Woot.

davis918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davis918

In the 18th century these were called Puddin' caps. To prevent babies from turning their brain into Puddin'. Not kidding. They've been around a long time. They looked better 250 years ago.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/32.100.5

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

Guess I'm a lot less overprotective than I thought!

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig

Will this fit over my child's tin-foil hat?

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

Not only is this product absurd for the obvious reasons (and sure to get you branded a paranoid psycho parent if anyone sees your kid in one), I think it could even cause developmental problems. Even the tinest kids learn early on that ramming into things hurts a little. That's a natural & important part of learning to walk and interact with the world around them, and depriving them of that doesn't seem to be a good idea.

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo
davis918 wrote:In the 18th century these were called Puddin' caps. To prevent babies from turning their brain into Puddin'. Not kidding. They've been around a long time. They looked better 250 years ago.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/32.100.5

AAAAAAGH! What's wrong with that kid??? Why is he in a cage from the waist down??? Does he grow up to be Davros??? I bet he does! AAAAAAGH! EXTERMINATE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davros

ellavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellavin

I have jokingly said that my daughter needed a helmet when she was learning to walk, with paver tile floors throughout the entire house she fell and bounced her noggin off the floor more than a couple of times. I guess I would have bought this for her to wear during that period of time (as long as no one ever knew but me,) but like others have said, she would have ripped it of the second I put it in her!

deekay723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deekay723

A lot of good objections based on the sheer ridiculous-ness of this product, and yet no one has mentioned that it says "OOPSI" on your child's head.

CrystalMarie83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrystalMarie83

are you effing kidding me?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, I have to speak up here. My son sat at 5mo and as crawling at 6mos. He went up a flight of stairs two days later. He was for too mobile for his common sense and sense of space. I probably would have considered this at that time if it was available.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

This is the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet. EVAR.

Suck it, Trebek.

ziekk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk

One of our twins needed physical therapy because she had very weak muscles. She learned to sit up well before she learned to STAY up and as a result would always fall backwards and smack her head straight on our tile floor. I always dreamed of something like this that didn't cost $50 or more.