2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thinksharp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinksharp

Um, seriously? I could get these 20 supplies at the Dollar store, and not pay shipping. But, that's anytime of the year. Right now, all of that would be less just about anywhere else.

Oh, woot. You used to be great. Now you're kinda sad.

http://brainyfarmwife.blogspot.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's read some comments from when this was offered in July

lichme

quality posts: 2656 Private Messages lichme

Here are some product tests on behalf of Thunderthighs.

While you may be able to find these cheaper at your local bargain store, it may be worth it to you to not have to actually go out and gather everything yourself.

empapel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages empapel

Bought this woot the other day. Only got one folder and one notebook, but otherwise an okay haul. Had enough to supply a small percentage of what each kid needed. The rest went to our craft supplies.

sarcasm, geeks & microsoft humor
http://2tothe5th.com

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone

Besides the fact that some of the offerings do look little better than discount store selections, there's also the issue that some teachers are fairly specific about what they want-eg. Crayola box of 24 crayons, 4 different colored folders, pack of 8 wide tip and 8 narrow tip markers, etc. Sure, you may get some, and probably not all, of the shopping out of the way here, but end up with things not requested/required by the teacher and thus still have to trek out to the store.

drberna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drberna

Wow, seriously? I've snagged some pretty good deals from woot before, but there is no way you would spend anymore than $10 on this stuff in stores right now! And the fact that all of this is the cheapo off-brand stuff, you could probably get it all for around $5. Plus you can get the exact amount and color of items you want. Woot, is this "deal" so ridiculously expensive because the company offering it to you is charging a crap-load too much money? Or are you just hoping people who have never been "back-to-school" shopping before (and thus have no clue that they can get a 24-pack of Crayola crayons for 25 cents) will fall prey to the misleading advertising here?

deanv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deanv

Originally 70 bucks? on what planet? These are No Name Brand dollar store cheap supplies. What a joke. It's not worth 20 bucks.

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
deanv wrote:Originally 70 bucks? on what planet? These are No Name Brand dollar store cheap supplies. What a joke. It's not worth 20 bucks.

I agree, what a cheap way to make something look like a "deal"

deyoungonce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deyoungonce

As a first grade teacher, I would advice against this. There are too many items that are not needed and not enough that are. If it came in a backpack it might be worth it. Just a heads up most teachers of lower grades hate mechanical pencils, pencil sharpeners, fancy shaped erasers, and huge storage items (binders, pencil boxes) that don't fit well in desks.

herriga

quality posts: 6 Private Messages herriga

I all looks like it came from the dollar store. Except at the dollar store you would get multipacks of folders, pencil sharpeners and scissors and bigger multipacks of the pens, highlighters and such. Terrible price. Maybe for $5 it would be worth it.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
lichme wrote:Here are some product tests on behalf of Thunderthighs.

While you may be able to find these cheaper at your local bargain store, it may be worth it to you to not have to actually go out and gather everything yourself.

That might be true if the stuff looked like it was of decent quality, which it does not.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

curli76 wrote:That might be true if the stuff looked like it was of decent quality, which it does not.

I found them to be fine:

ThunderThighs wrote:

The crayons feel and write just like the name brand ones I've used in the past.

And the colors at full strength (hard):

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

senannmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senannmm

Hi, all
I want to buy from woot, but my billing address is not USA address is there any way to use PayPal or pay through amazon

Please let me know as I like to but this deal for my kids
[MOD EDIT: Personal email deleted.]

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

senannmm wrote:Hi, all
I want to buy from woot, but my billing address is not USA address is there any way to use PayPal or pay through amazon

Please let me know as I like to but this deal for my kids
[MOD EDIT: Personal email deleted.]

Unfortunately, today's offer is ONLY eligible for shipping to all 50 United States.

There are many possible packing forwarding services that may help assist you in the delivery of today's offer.

jenniferbreuer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenniferbreuer4
ThunderThighs wrote:

That is cute! I bought this too and I was fine with it. My two nieces were even happier with it so if they are happy, I am happy!