Five perfect reviews over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3815 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when this was offered in June

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

dalealewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalealewis

Bought 3 last time two never worked and/took charge.

One of the 3 works great,,guess I m stuck with the two lemons

stiege

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stiege

BEST $25 you'll spend. My 6yo son just used it to take about 12 hours of video on our week in Canada. LOVED IT!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dalealewis wrote:Bought 3 last time two never worked and/took charge.

One of the 3 works great,,guess I m stuck with the two lemons

No, no, no. Email support@woot.com for assistance! They have a 90-day woot warranty. (Sorry for the duds.)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 23 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Cool gift for a grandkid. I'm in for 1.

Guess I need to try it myself while still in Woot-warranty, as his birthday isn't for months, and I'd hate to give an dead out-of-warranty gift.

scooter550

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scooter550

I got one of these last time, and was expecting a quality camera from the list price. Amazon (woot's evil master) had it listed for pretty close to the $200 suggested retail. Several days later the price dropped to around $30 there too. Just say'n.

Anyway, this is NOT a high quality camera, it's a mediocre web cam at best and the 5mp stat is interleaved, fwiw. I was expecting better.

On the other hand, it's a great form factor and my kids have been really enjoying it. If your expectations are not too high (and you get one that works) it's a good deal.

lexicon5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5
dalealewis wrote:One of the 3 works great,,guess I m stuck with the two lemons

I have NEVER been stuck with a lemon on ANYTHING that I bought from Woot! EVER. They have this thing called a telephone...you dial numbers and you can actually use words to speak to a human at the other end of the line or....if unable to speak, use the keyboard thingy attached to your computer and type words and stuff. They'll usually replace the faulty items or refund. In my case, they let me keep the faulty items and shaped a replacement and no charge.

lexicon5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexicon5

Lets hope a child doesn't point this at an over-zealous Adolph Obama Thug....

ThunderThighs

Staff

lexicon5 wrote:I have NEVER been stuck with a lemon on ANYTHING that I bought from Woot! EVER. They have this thing called a telephone...you dial numbers and you can actually use words to speak to a human at the other end of the line or....if unable to speak, use the keyboard thingy attached to your computer and type words and stuff. They'll usually replace the faulty items or refund. In my case, they let me keep the faulty items and shaped a replacement and no charge.

Well, we don't have phone customer service but we do have a great email customer service team.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jimmeekersr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmeekersr

Are you really trying to sell this nice little camcorder with those infantile shots. Oh well we grown ups can see that the camcorder is OK.

stsaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stsaf

Woot sent me a refurb or another customer's previous return instead of new. The re-packing attempt was a joke---fingerprints still on the camera and the cords were horribly re-wrapped. This company has good deals, but think twice if you don't like waiting long periods for refunds after making a return. They aren't set up for it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

stsaf wrote:Woot sent me a refurb or another customer's previous return instead of new. The re-packing attempt was a joke---fingerprints still on the camera and the cords were horribly re-wrapped. This company has good deals, but think twice if you don't like waiting long periods for refunds after making a return. They aren't set up for it.

I'm very sorry to hear that you received a return in the condition you described.

If you write back into Woot Member Services and let them know, I'm sure they'll be able to help resolve the issue and resend another another replacement?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 23 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I saved this for a Christmas gift, for a 7yo boy.
He LOVED it!
I opened, charged and tested it before storing it for 3 months...
His favorite gift!

ThunderThighs

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:I saved this for a Christmas gift, for a 7yo boy.
He LOVED it!
I opened, charged and tested it before storing it for 3 months...
His favorite gift!

Thanks for coming back to report in. We love getting reviews after sales.

FORUM MODERATOR