conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of solid reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) over at diapers.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A couple of OK reviews 93.3 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

caliana30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caliana30

We got this a few sales ago and love it. We haven't had any issues at all.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Wooted this a while back. Daughter uses it all the time.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

I see a few posters saying their kids use it. So why does it look like an accident waiting to happen to me?

jasonbarger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonbarger

I bought this for my son who is 1 1/2. He loves it. We've had no complaints as he bounces all day. Thanks woot!

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex
DrHardcrab wrote:I see a few posters saying their kids use it. So why does it look like an accident waiting to happen to me?

It's intended for kids not adults or even near adults or even adults who act like kids. They hold the bar and jump up and down, Olympic tryouts should be dealt with using parental supervision.
I purchased one triangular shaped but similar in other aspects in 2008. It's been used by many children and still is in use.
No accidents ever, just kids having fun and some physical fitness.

studiggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studiggs
DrHardcrab wrote:I see a few posters saying their kids use it. So why does it look like an accident waiting to happen to me?

Because you're overprotective? When I was a kid, trampolines didn't have nets and I didn't know anyone who got hurt, other than pride. Accidents happen. Let a kid get hurt once in a while... there's no better way to learn what to NOT do next time.

That said, we've had this for a couple years. No safety issues other than the kiddos fighting about whose turn it is. The middle did get a bit saggy after a while, but that's after A LOT of jumping. Great for those cold winter months when going outside to burn off all that youth fueled energy just isn't going to happen.

tslattery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tslattery

Like others, I got this a few sales ago and it was a great purchase. My daughter still loves it and the only issue we have to deal with is reminding kids one at a time.

My daughter has hurt herself falling off steps yet somehow hasn't had an accident on this - even though she doesn't even hold on all of the time.

mrsriv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsriv

Would this work for 6 and 7 year-old girls? They're about 45 lbs each. They have a 5 year-old brother, too.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie
mrsriv wrote:Would this work for 6 and 7 year-old girls? They're about 45 lbs each. They have a 5 year-old brother, too.

80lb weight limit

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

We bought this a few sales ago and it's always a huge hit with our daughter and guest's kids. My 33 lb 2.5 year old uses it almost every day and it's great for those nights when I really need her to burn off some extra energy before bed. Sometimes if she's really wild on it the back feet lift a little, but it's not like she can tip it. I either tell her to calm down a bit or put my foot on it to keep it down. It doesn't have springs, just a long bungee that needs to be tightened periodically. I've had two toddlers jump on it at the same time with no problem. My friends 6 year old loves it. My only complaint is that it's a pain to store. The bar is removable but only for purposes of packaging it in a flat box.

P.S. My husband said it was kind of a pain to assemble, so heads up on that.

testboy69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages testboy69

I have the version that the legs come out and fold.. Although this thing is awesome and my 3 year old loves it, not having the ability to slide it under the couch or bed for storage is a bummer.

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

This might be just what my son with autism needs. We have an outside trampoline but when it's too hot outside he could really use this. Luckily he's on the skinny side so it should last him a couple years.