Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when this was offered back in June

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

Meh Reviews from ToysRUs on this bike with a different paint job.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

A classic from my childhood!!!

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone

Maybe my recollections from childhood are fuzzy, but aren't Big Wheels supposed to have a hand brake on one of the back wheels? Part of the fun was locking the wheel and going into a spin.

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme
lstaff wrote:A classic from my childhood!!!

Exactly what I thought. I rolled my eyes when I saw the picture of the kid riding with a helmet. How did we ever survive back in the day???

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme
clintone wrote:Maybe my recollections from childhood are fuzzy, but aren't Big Wheels supposed to have a hand brake on one of the back wheels? Part of the fun was locking the wheel and going into a spin.

I had forgotten about that, but you are right- and all Big Wheels were orange with black wheels when I was a kid.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

No handbrake, no deal! I've got some crazy kids that seem to lack fear at home and by god I want to see what they are capable of! Mine had a handbrake, did you know the tires could be worn through? (Helmet is for legal reasons I'm sure, no kid wears one irl except those with pop quiz parents that don't like brain damaged kids... well or maybe just those that want to enforce safety, no parent wants brain damaged kids.)

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

candreae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages candreae

Reviews? Who cares! It's a big wheel, I MUST HAS!

intensesupernova

quality posts: 2 Private Messages intensesupernova

Every time I see a trike, I think of those glider trikes and wish woot would get them again, because part of me wants to do the stuff they do in this movie.

candreae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages candreae
SumDuud wrote:No handbrake, no deal! I've got some crazy kids that seem to lack fear at home and by god I want to see what they are capable of! Mine had a handbrake, did you know the tires could be worn through? (Helmet is for legal reasons I'm sure, no kid wears one irl except those with pop quiz parents that don't like brain damaged kids... well or maybe just those that want to enforce safety, no parent wants brain damaged kids.)

You just backpedal...the handbrake always just made me turn to the right...which I could have done with the handlebars...or the classic sneaker stop...turn into the grass and the all time best - stand up and watch it roll away!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

clintone wrote:Maybe my recollections from childhood are fuzzy, but aren't Big Wheels supposed to have a hand brake on one of the back wheels? Part of the fun was locking the wheel and going into a spin.

My son's didn't.

I chose a big wheel over a trike for my son. I liked that its low center of gravity - less likely to tip. He rode that thing for years.

Always wear your helmet, kids. And correctly - over your forehead.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Woot!!!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Woot!!!

I think I'll wait until Woot! offers this: http://www.amazon.com/High-Roller-Adult-Wheel-Trike/dp/B00ADICLBA

And yes, the original had a hand brake. This is the one I had as a kid:

NOT woot! Staff

coriwhite

quality posts: 5 Private Messages coriwhite

I got one of these for my boyfriend's 4-year-old niece earlier this year. We finally got to see her ride it this weekend. She could not stop thanking us for her "bicycle." She loves it.

It fits her on the smallest setting, and she has plenty of room to grow into it. It's low enough to the ground that she can get used to pedaling without worrying about balancing, even when turning. The steering column is a little tight when you first put it together (thanks Papa and uncle J), but it loosens up and becomes easier to steer over time.

Basically, just as awesome as I remember my white and purple Big Wheel being.

spon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spon

I'm glad the kid in the picture is wearing a helmet!

Spon-4-Life

Prngr44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Prngr44

Yeah, this thing is totally missing the power slide hand brake.

I wonder if Woot will ever get the Green Machine???

sodapopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sodapopper

I remember the hand brake, but the ones I bought in the 80s didn't have it either. I have one of the new ones that my grandkids ride when they come over, they call it the 'motorcycle' and I have to buy a couple more because they always fight over it.

cjwilson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjwilson

You're thinking green machine. It had the hand brake, the big wheel never did. At least that's the way we rolled in the 70's. Of course my movement toy of choice was cardboard down a dry grass hill, but not to many undeveloped hills around these days.

Green Machine - WHAT A RIDE.

Rick618

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rick618

Not sure which alternate universe you grew up in but all the ones I rode in the 70's started off having the hand brake, as shown in the video above. They also started out with a nice round front wheel that eventually got a flat spot/hole, same as the rear wheel on those that the hand brake stayed attached.

cjwilson wrote:You're thinking green machine. It had the hand brake, the big wheel never did. At least that's the way we rolled in the 70's. Of course my movement toy of choice was cardboard down a dry grass hill, but not to many undeveloped hills around these days.

Green Machine - WHAT A RIDE.