WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

La Stella Della Mamma Teething Necklaces

It's a horrible thing the day the Party Girl diamonds turn into the Mommy necklace in Baby's mouth. Horrible for them too. Who wants to suck on diamonds? They were in the ground once! Get something made for babies and save the good stuff for when they want to play dress-up in a few years.

keysmad

quality posts: 10 Private Messages keysmad

Interesting idea but I'm not sure if I'd want to teach my kids that chewing on mommy's necklace is ok.

rebemdee

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rebemdee
keysmad wrote:Interesting idea but I'm not sure if I'd want to teach my kids that chewing on mommy's necklace is ok.

Agree. They can't tell the difference between a teether and pearls. I'll skip this one.

chorts7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chorts7

They are good for breastfeeding mothers as baby's hands tend to wonder and grab what ever is around

kchoschton

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton

This couldn't be more timely, but I don't know anything about this brand. I was thinking about getting the amber beads because I've heard such good things about them. I can't seem to find any reviews on this brand, unless they're the same as Stella Momma. I'd appreciate any feedback.

bdittmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdittmer
I was thinking about getting the amber beads because I've heard such good things about them. I can't seem to find any reviews on this brand, unless they're the same as Stella Momma. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Amber beads are not for the baby to chew on, the amber is supposed to have qualities that make it act as a natural analgesic, but only in contact with the babies skin. These are silicone beads- more or less a teether for mom to wear.

effervesse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effervesse
rebemdee wrote:Agree. They can't tell the difference between a teether and pearls. I'll skip this one.

I always wear my pearls when nursing. It makes me feel elegant.

sharond95

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharond95

I don't know about the multi bead strands, but I have a different brand of one of the pendants and my daughter loves it. It's great for when you're carrying your little one and don't want to carry additional 'things' to keep her occupied, and like Chorts7 said, great for keeping baby's hands busy while breastfeeding. The ones I've seen are $15 to $20 with free shipping, so if you're already getting something else, this is a good deal.

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog
keysmad wrote:Interesting idea but I'm not sure if I'd want to teach my kids that chewing on mommy's necklace is ok.

Totally agree. Let's start the 'I'm your best friend and will give you whatever you want' parenting philosophy even earlier by teaching kids to chew on anything hanging from Mom's neck at a very early age. Buy this, wear it, and tell the rest of the world that you are going to be breastfeeding him at 12 because 'he asked so nicely'.

Are you looking at my junk?

stevald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevald

I'm stunned by the barking about this product. I got my wife a similar product for Mother's Day. Maybe you haven't had the pleasure (or the pleasure is a distant enough memory to be forgotten) of sitting in church or on a plane with a teething baby. The Einstein Baby noise maker they love so much won't really cut it in those circumstances. Something to soothe their gums and keep them occupied while they sit on your lap is a blessing - not some method of spoiling your child. Now, if it were made out of butter cream and gave you a pony when you rubbed it three times - then I could see your point.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

My mama didn't have no teethin necklace and I turned out jes fine, so dadgummit my kid ain't gonna be going aroun teethin' on some goshdarn plastic necklace!

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
marklog wrote:Totally agree. Let's start the 'I'm your best friend and will give you whatever you want' parenting philosophy even earlier by teaching kids to chew on anything hanging from Mom's neck at a very early age. Buy this, wear it, and tell the rest of the world that you are going to be breastfeeding him at 12 because 'he asked so nicely'.

I can picture the yuppie mother with these things hanging from her neck pushing along a shopping cart in the grocery store with her toddler in the kid seat, asking her toddler to tell her what he wants to eat for dinner. Oh, now there she is at the park. "Jasper? Jasper, honey? Are you ready to go home now sweetie? Can we go home now Jasper?"