conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

good reviews (3.1 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Two great reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at diapers.com

webyourstuff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webyourstuff

Reviews at http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717851&CAWELAID=1301976367&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID12457845&KPID=12457845#showReviews

Also, a better price.

[MOD: That's just an add-on camera. No monitor.]

shareef777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shareef777
webyourstuff wrote:Reviews at http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717851&CAWELAID=1301976367&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID12457845&KPID=12457845#showReviews

Also, a better price.

Considering that's just for ONE extra camera, I'd say Woot's price is pretty good.

Here's the equivalent: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717853

canucker1983

quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983

Greetings Wooters!

Levana company rep here to answer any questions you may have.

Ask away!

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

webyourstuff wrote:Reviews at http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12717851&CAWELAID=1301976367&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID12457845&KPID=12457845#showReviews

Also, a better price.

The link provided is for an additional camera compatible with this model, not the main unit with a 3.5" screen.

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

This model supports up to four cameras.

Additional cameras can be purchased on Amazon for $69.99

http://www.amazon.com/Levana-Additional-Camera-Safe-nSee/dp/B005NK10E2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375187747&sr=8-1&keywords=lv-tw501-c

Defender Company Rep

dagiggler3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagiggler3

I've read a big issue is fault cameras? Is this fully covered under warranty?

abononyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abononyc
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

Ask away!

Can the camera angle be controlled/adjusted from the monitor display or do you physically have to turn twist it left or right?

canucker1983

dagiggler3 wrote:I've read a big issue is fault cameras? Is this fully covered under warranty?

As it is in brand new condition, this product carries a one year warranty against manufacturer defects.

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

abononyc wrote:Can the camera angle be controlled/adjusted from the monitor display or do you physically have to turn twist it left or right?

These cameras need to be adjusted manually. The feature your describing is called PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom). I always recommend mounting cameras on the wall, away from the crib for safety, and allowing for a great view from above. These cameras include a wall mount for easy installation.

Defender Company Rep

Lbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lbug

Why do the pictures of this baby monitor show a picture of a baby instead of Woot's traditional BigSmile head? Did someone in the Woot office destroy the head (I wouldn't blame them)?

ancalivia2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ancalivia2000

Hi I have a Safe n'See LV-TW501 and I am looking to purchase this one listed on woot. Can I use the camera from my old one as an additional camera to this new one?
are they compatible?

canucker1983

ancalivia2000 wrote:Hi I have a Safe n'See LV-TW501 and I am looking to purchase this one listed on woot. Can I use the camera from my old one as an additional camera to this new one?
are they compatible?

Hello and thank you for considering the purchase of another Levana monitor!

The camera from your Safe n'See is compatible with the Safe n'See Advanced.

Here is a link to a pairing video which explains how to pair additional cameras.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hXxhA-QahU

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

Lbug wrote:Why do the pictures of this baby monitor show a picture of a baby instead of Woot's traditional BigSmile head? Did someone in the Woot office destroy the head (I wouldn't blame them)?

Fear not! For your daily dose of creepy mannequin head, simply head to:
http://sellout.woot.com/plus/summer-fun-cooling-1

Defender Company Rep

jc3435

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jc3435

On the screen does it display color or black/white video?

canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

Ask away!

CPngN

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CPngN

Misleading specs on woot..

"Nap and Feeding Timer

A custom-programmed timer to remind them when baby should be eating or sleeping
Also displays the current time on screen"

I almost hit Buy after reading this. It's a long time complain about my old system. But show me where this feature is mentioned:
http://www.mylevana.com/files/source/153.pdf

Please update your specs, I don't know where you got this from but it does not appear to be on this model!

canucker1983

jc3435 wrote:On the screen does it display color or black/white video?

The screen displays color video when the room is lit and black and white video when the room is dark and night vision is activated (standard for night vision).

Defender Company Rep

arshakadelic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arshakadelic

Is this a refurb?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

arshakadelic wrote:Is this a refurb?

No, it's new.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

canucker1983

CPngN wrote:Misleading specs on woot..

"Nap and Feeding Timer

A custom-programmed timer to remind them when baby should be eating or sleeping
Also displays the current time on screen"

I almost hit Buy after reading this. It's a long time complain about my old system. But show me where this feature is mentioned:
http://www.mylevana.com/files/source/153.pdf

Please update your specs, I don't know where you got this from but it does not appear to be on this model!

Thank you for pointing that out. You are correct, this model does not feature a nap and feeding timer.

Defender Company Rep

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills

I own one of these (8 months of use).

Overall, it's pretty decent and my wife and I like it, but here's some small issues:

• Video occasionally gets "stuck" (audio is live, but once the video feed would no longer refresh - had to power-cycle the camera).
  • Power cords are too short to be really useful for mounting the camera anywhere helpful. 5, maybe 6 feet. I ended up splicing 10-15 feet of 18ga. speaker cable in-line so I could get a top-down view of our crib from above a door frame (yay for 3M Command Strips).
  • Power bricks are EXTREMLY low quality - both of the ones that shipped with ours and the replacement we asked for have a very high-pitch squeal.
  • LED indicators are VERY bright - we've had to tape over the power indicator so we can sleep.
  • LED indicators are VERY poorly-described in the manual.
  • Battery life on the camera is low - it might last for an hour's nap, but not more. Don't expect them to last overnight.

It's a good system, though - I think we got ours on sale from Amazon for about this price.

As an FYI to new parents looking at night-vision systems - most pajamas seem to have similar IR reflectivity to most sheet sets. This leads to an exciting game of "find the stealth baby"

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills

Additional note: The receiver does have pretty decent range. We've gone through one exterior wall and then about 2 (small-lot) houses down the block before it loses connection to the camera. Should be fine to cover most normal houses/yards.

It does lose connection LOUDLY, so you're not going to wander out of monitoring range without getting scolded.

philmills wrote:I own one of these (8 months of use).

bsmith4815

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsmith4815

Does The Video On This Sync To Droid Phones?

jinamai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinamai

i want to buy for my sister's baby, i think she will like it.

eec0817

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eec0817

I don't know if you will still reply to this. We have had the monitor since this woot but just really began using it a month or two ago. the battery does not last at all. once it is unplugged, it dies immediately. what are we doing wrong? It has been plugged in for weeks. it ought to be charged. It works great while plugged in but not at all unplugged.