WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz Dolls

There are the dolls you play with, the dolls you display, and the dolls you buy and keep mint to give to your heirs. You'll have to decide which category these dolls fit into. If you play your cards right, maybe they could end up having been all three.
Madame Alexander official site

sunbc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sunbc

Wow.

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn

It's Glinda, not Glenda. Glenda was Dorothy's girl-gone-bad aunt who moved to Cali and wound up owning a brothel.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mooklyn wrote:It's Glinda, not Glenda. Glenda was Dorothy's girl-gone-bad aunt who moved to Cali and wound up owning a brothel.

ROFL. It's being fixed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

I'm pretty sure that Tin Man doll will kill you in your sleep. I'd suggest confiscating its ax.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Toto too??????????

ThunderThighs

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:Toto too??????????

Toto too! Although he looks a bit like the ground hog from Ground Hog Day in the vendor photo.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund

WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?!

Kamikaze2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamikaze2007

Darn! No Flying Monkeys. I really want a Flying Monkey (and I don't mean Mortimer).

ThunderThighs

Staff

rtwesterlund wrote:WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?!

They are Madame Alexander collectible dolls.

FORUM MODERATOR

jrpigman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jrpigman
ThunderThighs wrote:They are Madame Alexander collectible dolls.

They're super creepy is what they are.

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

I used to work in a fancy toy store that sold Madame Alexander collectible dolls. They were very pricey, and I expected them to be porcelain but they aren't. You're paying for the name and the Wizard of Oz theme on these ones. Also, they are as creepy in person as you expect.

That said, the larger cloth dolls are cute and more playable looking. I would expect high quality because of the Madame Alexander name.

animalcracker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animalcracker

Madame Alexander dolls are always great but I would never buy one without seeing it. One of the most important features on a collectable doll is the eyes and far too often they get off set when made and not only does it make your doll super creepy but it decreases the value. Before you buy a doll you look it in the eyes (you should probably buy it a drink too). ;)