quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

Item: Giant School Supplies Bundle
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

One stop shop for most of the supplies you'll need.

Con: Most of the stuff you could probably find at the dollar store:

Pro: You don't have to go to the dollar store.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3115 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Although this is a pretty thorough bundle, I bet you can get all of this for half the price at staples the closer we get to the start of school

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998

Just note that much of this stuff is off brand. If you want little Billy using crayons that don't work and glue that doesn't stick buy away.

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184

most everything here can be got at dollar tree for a dollar each. that said, if you don't like going to dollar tree, this is a fine snag ($1.25 per).

glue is glue, the difference being that good brands, like elmer and to a lesser extent, rose art, will keep things stuck together for a long time. BUT, most of the stuff kids make isn't going to last the test of time, let alone a few weeks. for those special projects you're going to hold near and dear, you can get get the name brand stuff and pull it out on special occasions.

if you want the name brand stuff, like others have said, wait until closer to school starting, but be prepared to deal with stupid people. toyrus typically has the crayons (crayola) for $.25/24pack, and elmer's glue $.25-.50. target is good for late august, they put stuff on 75% off clearance, so $.25 for folders and notebooks.

renovation

quality posts: 2 Private Messages renovation

not so good a deal and figure in shipping you got gas money to buy name brand you know that will be mostly American made !

desynergy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages desynergy

After looking up most of the prices on this stuff, it's not really a good deal. Staples has had a lot of it for $0.25/each - $1.00/each the last several weeks, and in the next couple of weeks everyone will be selling cheap school supplies.

Good if you dont want the hassle with crowds and just want to get "everything" at once. Though this isnt everything on my son's school list.

animalcracker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages animalcracker

Any crappy Back to school sale will have all this stuff for under $15.....not a deal! Half these items are only .25-.50 cents at back to school prices!

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia

Not a deal. First it's off brand, it's not even Roseart (whose quality has improved exponentially)- no telling the quality. Second most of these are loss leaders that can be found at big box stores- thirty cent boxes of crayons, one dollar packs of markers, fifty cent noteboks. Yeah, not a good deal.

Avoid staples like the plague. Target and walmart are the best places to get the deals.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

This is maybe one of the worst deals I've ever seen here. Not only is it unfathomable that it has a retail price of $70, but even $25 is ridiculous.

And you couldn't GIVE me off-brand pencils and crayons.

I hope nobody buys it. Seriously, give ME the $25 and I'll go shopping for you.

marcellah04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marcellah04

I am in school supply heaven!

lichme wrote:Item: Giant School Supplies Bundle
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

marcellah04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marcellah04

I really could care less about the name brand. All of my kids stuff ends up in a pool and I hate going up and down the isle with all of the other stupid people! Sure, I will probably need to buy more folders etc. but there are a lot of items that I needed anyway.

marcellah04 wrote:I am in school supply heaven!

ravichopra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ravichopra
thomas998 wrote:Just note that much of this stuff is off brand. If you want little Billy using crayons that don't work and glue that doesn't stick buy away.

Crayons that don't work?

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest
ravichopra wrote:Crayons that don't work?

Oh yes...been there done that. They really are out there!

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

my kids' school contracts with an online company that provides everything for one payment. I go to the site, buy a pack for each of my kids' age groups and they deliver it to the school. They get all good brands, because, believe it or not, it does make a big difference. It ends up costing less for me. You don't have to use the program, but buying the same stuff individually costs twice as much.

iadams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams

This one takes the cake. How off-brand school supplies for name brand prices is beyond me. The notebook paper may be too thin to use, cheap pens are almost never a good idea, and then Johnny is going to cry when he gets a pink calculator and ends up with randomly chosen colors of purple and pink for his notebooks and scissors (colors may vary).

...or it's quality stuff. This price seems too high to gamble.

If you're interested:

About Kaizen:

www.kaizenproduct.com

Mission
Kaizen Products is committed to innovation and to delivering the highest quality of customer service with integrity. We value our ability to build long term relationships with our customers by understanding their changing needs, and continuously improving our products.

Description

Established in Dallas, TX in 1984, Kaizen Products LP has become the preeminent source of profit for small to large retailers, wholesalers and distributors. We manufacture multiple brands, supporting categories that range from tools and hardware, party supplies, stationery, inspirational items and much more.

Like the meaning of its name – `Kaizen’ is about improving quality and customer satisfaction by making small, continual changes. Through twenty plus years of experience as an established manufacturer and distributor, we understand that customer satisfaction is paramount. With our focus on continuous improvement, we are committed to providing quality products at competitive prices.

Our logo is representative of two deltas, the universal symbol of change, a constant reminder of our dedication to improving our products and offerings.

rt2dz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rt2dz

Bad deal! You can get what they are giving, in the name brands (and it DOES make a difference) for less if you don't have bundle deals through your school. Trust me, glue does not glue. It separates and dries out before even being opened. The kids who get that crap (because they do pool) get screwed. And ten we all get notes to please send in more school supplies when sales are no longer. Bad deal. Bad people for buying it.

marrasyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages marrasyn

Yeah, I know what he or she means... more wax than color, leaving you with pale, icky drawings... you often have to push hard to make it write.

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts

The biggest thing with crayons from what I've seen is the cheap ones break easier and the colors are not as bright. Crayola seems to hold up better and not break as easy with pressure. Rosart crayons or the dollar store brand break too easily or do not look as good on paper. I was going to buy but after thinking about all the off brand stuff (and the price) I'm not caving.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
marcellah04 wrote:I really could care less about the name brand. All of my kids stuff ends up in a pool and I hate going up and down the isle with all of the other stupid people! Sure, I will probably need to buy more folders etc. but there are a lot of items that I needed anyway.

Having purchased cheap pens, pencils, markers, and crayons, I can say with confidence there IS a difference.

Even if you don't care about name brands, this is a bad deal.

labyrinthia

quality posts: 14 Private Messages labyrinthia

Crayons vary greatly.

I like prang the best, and that's what I would choose for crayons for home, but they're a bit pricey. After that crayola and roseart tie, in my opinion. Roseart's quality has improved greatly over the years- when I was a kid they were horrible. I would still buy crayola for school, though, simply because that's what all the other kids have and it only costs $.05 more.

There are many crayons that do not provide good quality color. Dollar store crayons are pretty rough.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thomas998 wrote:Just note that much of this stuff is off brand. If you want little Billy using crayons that don't work and glue that doesn't stick buy away.

The crayons feel and write just like the name brand ones I've used in the past.

And the colors at full strength (hard):

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wamy2030

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wamy2030

Such crayon haters in here.

I like this deal because I can order them for my neice and nephew and have them delivered. Helping my brother and sister in law with all the back to school expenses.

jethroboom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jethroboom

Wow . . . 20 items? All of which you could get at the $1 store, without shipping . . . this might be the worst highway robbery woot has committed, which, I guess isn't too bad compared to other retail giants.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Between Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walgreens, and assorted other stores you can get your Back-to-School supplies for a fraction of the cost of this deal.

So far this back to school season, I have found -

25¢ - 2 hole pencil sharpeners
1¢ - 10 pack of pencil top erasers
Free After Rebate Multipurpose paper (ream)
25¢ - 150 sheet refill paper (wide and college ruled)
25¢ and 50¢ - 24ct Crayons (roseart and crayola)
50¢ - flexible rulers
50¢ - compositions books
50¢ - pencil pouches
and many more items

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

Jeviala

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeviala

The problem with this bundle is that only half of it is usable from my kids' list. For example, my kids have to bring either one or two boxes of 12 pencils that have been sharpened, with erasers. Mechanical pencils are not allowed. Both kids have to bring glue sticks, not glue bottles.

My first grader has to bring 2-24 count boxes of crayons. So one box with 12 crayons isn't very useful. My third grader has to bring specific colors of folders, so I can't really take a chance on "random color."

searcy807

quality posts: 0 Private Messages searcy807

NOT worth 30.00....I can get ALL of this for 20.00 at Dollar tree.

keeyoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keeyoh

I don't have kids (yet) and I'm not in the market for school supplies, but if I was I would totally jump on this deal. I am *that* lazy and I do hate being around crowds of other people *that* much, that I'm willing to spend the extra money to get this package deal without having to do any extra work on my part. No going out to the store. No hunting for the best bargain. No dealing with dozens of pushy soccer moms trying to save 50 cents on a box of crayons. Yes, the $10 I might save buying this in the store is totally worth it to save me all of that hassle.

(Not to mention buying this online means you don't have to drag your bored, cranky kid through the store and end up placating him/her by buying a $10 toy, thus negating any savings you would have gotten from buying all this stuff in the store).

Plus, Thunder Thighs convinced me this stuff isn't as crappy as the other commenters (who haven't used this specific product, might I add) claim.

jw22903

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jw22903

I wouldl love to know where you live. Those prices are a fraction of what our staplesis charging! Pencil sharpeners are 75c, spirals aare over a $1.

I am a teacher and can use this stuff in my classroom as most of my kids wont have their own supplies. $200 shoes but not pencils.... gotta love that.

uote postid="5509224" user="theonill555"]Between Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walgreens, and assorted other stores you can get your Back-to-School supplies for a fraction of the cost of this deal.

So far this back to school season, I have found -
25¢ - 2 hole pencil sharpeners
1¢ - 10 pack of pencil top erasers
Free After Rebate Multipurpose paper (ream)
25¢ - 150 sheet refill paper (wide and college ruled)
25¢ and 50¢ - 24ct Crayons (roseart and crayola)
50¢ - flexible rulers
50¢ - compositions books
50¢ - pencil pouches
and many more items[/quote]