Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

Item: Summer Infant Baby Gate
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $19 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/23/2013 - $29.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
2/20/2013 - $29.99 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)
1/26/2013 - $29.99 - 24 comment(s)
10/21/2012 - $29.99 - 0 comment(s)

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

apparently only effective from June 21-Sept 20

lichme

quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

Feedback from a few wooters:

k4th3r1n3 wrote:Awesome baby gate, bought it the last time I saw it on Woot. We have ours installed in the entryway of our kitchen, it was easy to mount and very easy to open and close. It's a lot better than hurdling over my previous wooden spring gate and it's sturdier (safer!).

ryanalls1 wrote:I have this gate too. Great gate

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Summer? What about Fall or Winter?

Spring doesn't matter.

taitrt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages taitrt

We bought this gate a while back on woot for the same price. It's a decent gate but makes a racket when you open or close it. Shouldn't be an issue if you only have one little one, but annoying if one is sleeping and you have to open this gate nearby.

ryeman111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryeman111

What do you think about using this one outside for deck stairs?

riv413

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riv413

I can't quite tell but is this one that is installed into the wall or is it more like the gates that just use a type of tension rod to secure itself to the wall?

clarkbhm

quality posts: 19 Private Messages clarkbhm

These also work well for pets. My cats can't climb these gates the same way they can climb other ones...

BigDaddyBama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigDaddyBama

I've searched the site, but can't get a firm answer. Is this item able to be returned if it doesn't fit our staircase? I see entries if the product is defective, but not if it just doesn't suit our needs.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

riv413 wrote:I can't quite tell but is this one that is installed into the wall or is it more like the gates that just use a type of tension rod to secure itself to the wall?

This is not a tension gate. It attaches to a bannister or a wall. The installation instructions are linked in the Features. That should give you a good idea about mounting the gate.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jeffseifert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffseifert

We had two of these at the top of our stairs back when our kids were younger. They are hardware mounted and found them to be very sturdy but also easy to open and close. Probably the best looking baby gates out there, too.

We paid the full retail price for them and even then thought they were well worth the price.

gibson99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gibson99
taitrt wrote:We bought this gate a while back on woot for the same price. It's a decent gate but makes a racket when you open or close it. Shouldn't be an issue if you only have one little one, but annoying if one is sleeping and you have to open this gate nearby.

i also bought one last year on woot, after having had one at my mom-in-law's for a year, and seeing how good it was, we bought another for our new house.

this is a great, sturdy gate. agree that it's noisy to open sometimes - the bars sort of resonate, and since you have to lift it a little, the hinge has to pivot, and it rattles. you can close it relatively quietly but it still has a small ring sound to it. depending on where your baby's room is or how far sound travels in your house (we have a lot of carpet so it doesn't go far) it may not be an issue for you.

DOES require drilling on at least the latch side, and if you don't use the straps on the hinge side, you will probably need longer screws than what came with it to actually hit a stud in the wall.

also if you have a cat, make sure you leave enough room under the gate for the cat to get through, because the bars in the gate itself are too narrow for ours to fit through. we don't have a banister with bars like they show in the pictures - ours is sheetrocked in so the cat can't sidestep around the gate through the bars. i had to raise the gate about 2 inches to allow room for the cat to get thru, which means more holes in the wall. before i raised it, she would get upset and start meowing real loud, usually around 2am.

that said, our 4 year old has abused the heck out of the gate at our house for a year and for about 3 years at her grandma's, and both are still nice and solid. and once you get done tweaking the adjustments on the gate, it will open and close very easily with one hand, which is our favorite part.

digitalis303

quality posts: 5 Private Messages digitalis303

I wouldn't. See the holes on the sides for adjusting the width? Water will get in there and rust this from the (unpainted) interior. That said, it would probably last a couple of seasons before rusting out too bad since it is fairly heavy gauge steel. It has to hold up better than those wooden ones do outdoors. Ours went completely to hell outside.

ryeman111 wrote:What do you think about using this one outside for deck stairs?

gibson99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gibson99
ryeman111 wrote:What do you think about using this one outside for deck stairs?

it appears to be powdercoated steel, and the fasteners look like they might be either stainless or at least chrome-plated. that said, the width-adjustment holes would allow rain into the frame of the gate, and though it probably wouldn't fill with water, it may start rusting from the inside out. the latch plates on the wall are plastic but the springs inside are probably just regular steel too. so if you mount it outside, at the very least, i would fill all the adjuster holes with clear or white caulk to keep as much rain water out of it as possible.

edit: ninja'd by digitalis (though i still think it'd be ok for quite a while, esp if you caulked up the holes we mentioned.

Emily928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emily928
riv413 wrote:I can't quite tell but is this one that is installed into the wall or is it more like the gates that just use a type of tension rod to secure itself to the wall?

It is installed into the wall by screws (both sides--the side with the hinge connected to the gate and the side where the gate "snaps" into)

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

My favorite type of gate, if you can figure out good locations to mount it. Opens *wide*, for unconstrained passage. Opens *stealthily (I have *no* idea what kind of "racket" people experience...mine is quiet if you're trying to be quiet). Sturdiness is dependent on bannister build. And on the wall mount version it really helps to mount it into a stud. I like to use velcro tape on the bannister/adjacent wall (one side of velcro on wall, the other on the gate)to keep the gate open when I want it clear.