WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kettler Top Trikes-Your Choice of Color!

Speed to First Woot:
17m 42.115s
First Sucker:
fushigithedruid
Last Wooter to Woot:
maynerd
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 41% of Kids Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 16% of Kids Woots
Top 20% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 15% first woot
  • 5% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 31% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 10% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 79% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 95% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
2%
1%
1%
0%
2%
5%
8%
8%
13%
8%
5%
6%
3%
5%
7%
2%
4%
2%
3%
3%
2%
5%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme

Item: Kettler Top Trikes-Your Choice of Color!
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

These things are built like tanks.
I had one for my first kid, and it saw us through another as well.

It still looks in perfect condition save for the wheel lock at the front, that got a little bent out of shape, as it's plastic and can be bent around when they get old enough to try to steer, or when they're older and steering and it gets locked half in place by accident.

I do recall that inflating the tires for the first time was very difficult as they're mini car tire styles with no tubes. I ended up abandoning my hand pump and used my compressor instead while putting my foot on the top of it (Kind of like a real car press has to to get that initial snap of pressure required to make it seal).

Minor issues really. They're built to last and really worth this price.

The rear cargo scoop is okay enough. It dumps out things when you push the switch and locks back into place easily enough without catching their fingers.

The toddler handle works fairly well, and the trike is balanced so you can gently push down to tilt them up and steer them around corners, so going for fairly long walks is realistic.
Broke the handle on ours eventually, but not because it is flimsy. It was very much my fault and looks to be replaceable.

This Month I bought my kids a 24 and a 20 inch mountain bike, respectively.
Still have the trike.
Can't quite bring myself to part with it.

lichme

quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme

Voltaire22022

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Voltaire22022

We have one of these. Agree with PP that it's very VERY sturdy.

It's nice because your kid and ride it before they can work the mechanics of pedaling (pedal lock) and steering (handlebar lock). They can ride a 'big kid bike' well before they really...can.

It's also VERY adjustable to fit all sizes of small human.

grigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grigo

does anyone know if this model come with a seat belt? i don't see it in the picture. thanks.

mattkrets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattkrets
grigo wrote:does anyone know if this model come with a seat belt? i don't see it in the picture. thanks.

Looks like there is a 3 point harness that you can buy on Amazon for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Kettler-Seatbelt-Point-Harness/dp/B00005OAQV/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_y

mvadu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvadu

Does anyone know what's the dimensions of the packaging? I need to ship it to another country along with my whole household, so need to know if the final price would b worth.

drakono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakono

We have a hand-me-down Kettler trike that looks like a slightly older model, with a three point harness included. (I'm gonna have to check to see if it has the steer lock and pedal braking features, now. They're kinda subtle.) Very sturdy. Our toddler loves it. Since we didn't buy, I didn't know how much it cost. $200 (full retail) seems high to me for a trike, but I never explored the prices of trikes. And this is definitely a quality product.

I have seen other trikes that allow the parent to steer by twisting the handle. I wish our trike had that. (But again, ours either doesn't have the steer lock, or I didn't know of its existence, so I've done a lot of pushing down on the handle to override my kid's errant/lack of steering.) Just FYI.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mvadu wrote:Does anyone know what's the dimensions of the packaging? I need to ship it to another country along with my whole household, so need to know if the final price would b worth.

From the specs:

Package Dimensions: 21” L x 21” W x 9” H

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

mattkrets wrote:Looks like there is a 3 point harness that you can buy on Amazon for $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Kettler-Seatbelt-Point-Harness/dp/B00005OAQV/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_y

FYI: We've confirmed from the vendor that this will fit the trike we are selling.

Good find.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gegier235

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gegier235

Can you take the "push bar" off?

drakono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakono
gegier235 wrote:Can you take the "push bar" off?

From my experience (with a probably older model, as detailed above), yes.

dcshores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcshores

Hey Woot! Placed my order but I REALLY need expedited shipping (I'll pay, of course) as my grand-daughter is coming for her first stay-over next week. PLEASE HELP!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dcshores wrote:Hey Woot! Placed my order but I REALLY need expedited shipping (I'll pay, of course) as my grand-daughter is coming for her first stay-over next week. PLEASE HELP!

Sorry, nothing we can do from this end to speed it up.

FORUM MODERATOR

xiatian80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiatian80
ThunderThighs wrote:FYI: We've confirmed from the vendor that this will fit the trike we are selling.

Good find.

So this confirms the seat belt is not included in this deal correct?

ThunderThighs

Staff

xiatian80 wrote:So this confirms the seat belt is not included in this deal correct?

Correct. It is not included.

FORUM MODERATOR

zarphlob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zarphlob

Does this trike have rear (parent) steering like the Happy Navigator model?

gitcs97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gitcs97

I had one handed down to me by my sister, not sure how old it was, but it was quite sturdy. Even I could sit and ride the trike (5'8", 160lbs), but not for long since the pedal broke. I am looking for one for my second son, but $105 sounds quite high for a trike.

grigo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grigo
zarphlob wrote:Does this trike have rear (parent) steering like the Happy Navigator model?

I have the same question too. This seems to be a new model. But the video explains it quite well..

PDT1866

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PDT1866

Horrible reviews at ToysRus on a similar product. Complaints about tire durability and customer service from Kettler. I wonder, is this a better model with better tires?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3577364&CAWELAID=339264545&cagpspn=pla&pla=plat&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID5957348&KPID=5957348

hmcglothlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmcglothlin

These two models do not have the Rear Wheel Steering.

PDT1866

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PDT1866

Kettler says manufactured in Germany - Why does this say country of orgin is China?

hmcglothlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmcglothlin

[quote postid="5504456" user="PDT1866"]Horrible reviews at ToysRus on a similar product. Complaints about tire durability and customer service from Kettler. I wonder, is this a better model with better tires?

These are better models than the Toys R Us version. These models have a quick adjust frame, a better grade of tire, an ergonomic high back seat and use a higher grade of steel is used.

wongadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wongadog

We purchased a Kettler trike 7 years ago. They are very sturdy and the frame can expand as your child gets bigger. The paint did get scuffed a little when we extended the frame out. The handle bars lock but they do still move less than an inch. Just enough to veer the trike to one side. We just push down with the "parent handle" to tilt the trike back and then redirect the front tire. We are now using it with our second child. We even made up a song for it.

Riding all the day, smiling all the way.
Riding on my tricycle.
*Don't need a bug, don't need a pickle.
Just riding on my tricycle.
It was made in Germany, soon I'll be turning three.
Riding on my tricycle.
*Don't need a bug, don't need a pickle.
Just riding on my tricycle...

eeners

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eeners

Hope this helps, but almost all of the orders I have ever placed on Woot come within a week or so. They are much faster than other deal sites!

dcshores

eeners wrote:Hope this helps, but almost all of the orders I have ever placed on Woot come within a week or so. They are much faster than other deal sites!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have usually enjoyed the same results. On this special occasion, I was trying to ensure quick delivery. Thank you once again, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

breaddrink

gegier235 wrote:Can you take the "push bar" off?

Yes it attaches with a chromed metal tube that has a spring action button and slide action. At the top it has a large hooped plastic handle. When you remove it, it does leave the tube stub open and exposed.

breaddrink

It's the kind of situation where it is a lot, but I don't know of any better.
It is the anti-huffy of all trikes.
Enormously overbuilt and able to be handed down to your kids kids.

Perfect grand-parenty kind of gift to spoil them

gitcs97 wrote:I had one handed down to me by my sister, not sure how old it was, but it was quite sturdy. Even I could sit and ride the trike (5'8", 160lbs), but not for long since the pedal broke. I am looking for one for my second son, but $105 sounds quite high for a trike.

xiatian80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiatian80
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. It is not included.

Thanks. Is it safe or stable for a 14months old to get on without seatbelt? Not sure why it's not included.

aleshairene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleshairene
PDT1866 wrote:Kettler says manufactured in Germany - Why does this say country of orgin is China?

I checked around kettlers website and found a few of their bikes that are made in China rather than Germany. But searching on google I found no info at all on potential quality differences. Anyone have ay input?

fehuefhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fehuefhu

Does this have parental control steering? I can't find this model on the Kettler website or anywhere else online.

laziboie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laziboie

LOL at the tire feature:

"Quiet running pneumatic air tires"

Pneumatic air...as opposed to another type of air?

ross1962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ross1962

Kettler makes great stuff. We bought one of these for our son. He passed it on to his brother and then we passed it on to my friend's son - still in perfectly good shape.

injalove26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages injalove26

Ahhhh...I missed this! Please sell this again and soon. Before Christmas, at least???

dcshores

BIG disappointment with WOOT on this one! I ordered unit around 9:00 am on the 18th influenced heavily by the "In Stock - Ships in 1-2 Days" headline. On completing the order, it there states "Standard 3-8 Days Shipping". I REALLY wanted this for my grand-daughter's first stay-over visit so I went ahead with order. Immediately I sought help from WOOT to expedite shipping but to no avail. Somehow, 10 minutes after ordering was too late to get help. So I relied upon past WOOT performance. That was the wrong thing to do as it appears my pleas for help were turned in reverse. It is now 5 days from ordering (3 business days) and there is STILL no shipping confirmation. I am stunned, very disappointed, and extremely irritated. Where did the customer service that brought me to WOOT disappear to?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dcshores wrote:BIG disappointment with WOOT on this one! I ordered unit around 9:00 am on the 18th influenced heavily by the "In Stock - Ships in 1-2 Days" headline. On completing the order, it there states "Standard 3-8 Days Shipping". I REALLY wanted this for my grand-daughter's first stay-over visit so I went ahead with order. Immediately I sought help from WOOT to expedite shipping but to no avail. Somehow, 10 minutes after ordering was too late to get help. So I relied upon past WOOT performance. That was the wrong thing to do as it appears my pleas for help were turned in reverse. It is now 5 days from ordering (3 business days) and there is STILL no shipping confirmation. I am stunned, very disappointed, and extremely irritated. Where did the customer service that brought me to WOOT disappear to?

I'm sorry for the shipping problems with your grand-daughter visiting. You have an email from Woot support. Be sure to check Spam if you don't see it.

FORUM MODERATOR

vaishakamazon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaishakamazon

I've ordered one on the 18th too! There seems to be no indication of when it is going to ship. Its been 4 business already!

ThunderThighs

Staff

vaishakamazon wrote:I've ordered one on the 18th too! There seems to be no indication of when it is going to ship. Its been 4 business already!

Looks like yours shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking info from the vendor.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR

dcshores

In today's world, where "what's in it for me" is sadly the norm, it is indeed rare to find, and encouraging to know, that there are still those who are willing to go above and beyond in service to others. Such selfless devotion is deserved of commendation. Woot, I commend you! I also thank you and readily acknowledge that you have ensured a customer for life eager to recommend you to family, friends, and others. THANK YOU!