quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

Item: R/C Micro Gamma Helicopter 2 Pack
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

I purchased a Helicopter from World Tech Toys at a similar price. It was great fun, while it lasted. It flew well, was easy to fly, and stayed in the air for a reasonable amount of time before needing charging. After only a couple of weeks, the gears wore out and wouldn't catch any more, rending it a cool looking paper weight.

DennisEChung

quality posts: 67 Private Messages DennisEChung

Any estimate of recharge time and flight time once charged?

lichme

DennisEChung wrote:Any estimate of recharge time and flight time once charged?

From my experience with a similar model, it is about 8-9 minute fly time with a 45 minute charge (approx)

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

WHy does Woot! continue to call these R/C? R/C is Radio Control. These WILL NOT work outside in the day time, because they're INFARED control. (Which would be I/R.)

steve

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
skou wrote:WHy does Woot! continue to call these R/C? R/C is Radio Control. These WILL NOT work outside in the day time, because they're INFARED control. (Which would be I/R.)

steve

R/C gets substituted for Remote Control.

jungleboogiemonster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jungleboogiemonster

I'm a sucker for cheap helicopters since they're a lot of fun at little cost. Yeah, there are better helicopters, but the cheap ones are easy to fly and it doesn't take much practice before you can fly them around your house. Keep in mind that they have plastic parts that will eventually break, but for the price it's not a bad deal. And you just might end up with a new hobby on your hands!

bikerguy7

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bikerguy7
theguruguys wrote:R/C gets substituted for Remote Control.

Even if they were radio controlled, they are coaxial helicopters so they wouldn't be able to take even the slightest bit of wind. I would love to see Woot sell some higher quality fixed or collective pitch hobby-grade helis someday.

LuckyLiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LuckyLiz

Before you buy, these are NOT designed for outside flight. These are purely for indoor flight only and have a very limited range

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

These are AWESOME as cat toys! I bought similar ones from World Tech Toys and my husband has hours of fun playing with the cats with them. Of course, that is hours in 9 minute increments, as mentioned above. That's the benefit to having two, is once one dies you still have another to play with. They are pretty sturdy, he has bounced them off the cieling, floor, walls, etc numerous times and even if something broke he has been able to keep them working with minor tinkering.

I'm getting him another set, so now he will have 4 in his rotation

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

boomn4x4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages boomn4x4

These 3 channel mini copters are great toys, as long as you assume them to be, more or less, disposable. Don't expect them to last all that long. They are easy to fly, but being only a 3 channel, and a fixed pitch rotor, they are slow and not very agile... you can get bored with them quickly.

If you are looking for a good gift for a kid, this is a good deal, I'm sure they will get some enjoyment out of it. But if you are looking for something to use that will be really fun, spend a little more and get a 4-channel variable pitch rotor, RADIO (not IR) controller copter. Much quicker, much more responsive, much more range, much more fun to fly, and you can get them out of the house even with a slight breeze.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

compufer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compufer

Does each helicopter packed with its own box? or one box for two helicopters? Thanks!

jenrford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenrford

I bought a singe-pack of this helicopter from Woot a few months back. The thing never worked at all, not even once.

Per Woot's returns page, I contacted World Industries (several times), and they never returned my calls. The really unfortunate part was that the helicopter was a gift for my son's birthday, and we didn't know it didn't work until he opened his present.

I would recommend not wasting your money on this one. :-/

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb

[quote postid="5501914" user="mkdr"]These are AWESOME as cat toys... They are pretty sturdy, he has bounced them off the cieling, floor, walls...

Your cats must be pretty sturdy too!

dlipetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlipetz

Given this is a two pack, is this offer for two individually packaged helicopters or a single package with two units? I would love to buy several of these to stock for birthday presents (I have three young sons) but that would only work if they are packaged individually.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

compufer wrote:Does each helicopter packed with its own box? or one box for two helicopters? Thanks!

per the buyer:
These are 2 copters that are packed in SEPARATE retail packages, put into a brown box mailer.

You could gift one if that's what you're thinking.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vatchman

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vatchman

theguruguys wrote:R/C gets substituted for Remote Control.

Even if they were radio controlled, they are coaxial helicopters so they wouldn't be able to take even the slightest bit of wind. I would love to see Woot sell some higher quality fixed or collective pitch hobby-grade helis someday.

Even if you have the AC or a fan on inside, fogetabotit!

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry

This is a 3.5 channel helicopter. left stick controls throttle. right stick left and right controls rudder (there really isn't a "rudder", but this makes the chopper spin. And forward and reverse using the tail propeller (it leans the helicopter forward and backward).

If you want to spend some more money, check out the v911. It requires a bit more skill, but my 11 year old flies it easily. It is amazing. Full four channel control. Left stick controls rudder and throttle. Right gives you full control of Elevator Aileron. They still don't deal with wind because they are so small. $40 for the chopper and transmitter with 2 batteries and charger. a replacement helicopter is only $20. They are bind and fly (BNF) so you put the battery in and turn on the transmitter and the bind together. This means that you can buy any bind and fly helicopter and use the same transmitter. Replacement batteries are only a few dollars. I bought five for $16 I think. I have not flown it out of range of the transmitter yet, it goes really far. I have two replacement helicopters that I have not even opened yet after dozens of flights. They are pretty tough.

Check out this youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIAozJ4WbM

z33Tec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z33Tec

As someone mentioned above, the v911 is a FAR better deal than these. It's only about 40 bucks on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Products-Helicopter-helicopter-pioneering-built-/dp/B006FT2FVC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374082016&sr=8-2&keywords=v911)

Sure, you only get 1 for 40 bucks and not 2, but it's a way higher quality heli. People say that they can't handle wind, but I frequently fly mine on semi-windy days. It's obviously going to get tossed around a bit in gusts, but you'd be surprised how well you can counter the wind with them.

Bottom line, get a v911 instead if you are even remotely interested in these.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

I wreck these things like there is no tomorrow, but they are fun while they last. I just found this for $48.95 with an additional 10% off. This might be the answer I'm looking for:

GYRO Hercules 3.5CH Electric RTF RC Helicopter! The WORLD'S FIRST AND ONLY UNBREAKABLE RC HELICOPTER

http://www.hobbytron.com/GYROHerculesUnbreakable35CHElectricRTFRCHelicopter.html

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
ThunderThighs wrote:per the buyer:
These are 2 copters that are packed in SEPARATE retail packages, put into a brown box mailer.

You could gift one if that's what you're thinking.

So this is a Two pack

and not 2Pac

tiptonhr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiptonhr

FYI, these helicopters appear to be $29.95 each (plus shipping, not eligible for Prime) on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYU7AQG/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

alan93

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alan93

3.5 channels = hard to fly,
You need 4 channels or higher to have anything that is controllable. I know this from experience.

mikezambrano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikezambrano

Be carefull around cats. The spinning blades can hurt them. I had one.hit my finger and it hurt so I imagine it would hurt a cat too.

mkdr wrote:These are AWESOME as cat toys! I bought similar ones from World Tech Toys and my husband has hours of fun playing with the cats with them. Of course, that is hours in 9 minute increments, as mentioned above. That's the benefit to having two, is once one dies you still have another to play with. They are pretty sturdy, he has bounced them off the cieling, floor, walls, etc numerous times and even if something broke he has been able to keep them working with minor tinkering.

I'm getting him another set, so now he will have 4 in his rotation

Nesher

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Nesher

If you're considering starting remote control helicopter flying I would start with a quadcopter. probably the best one to begin with is the Syma X1 which you should be able to get for about $50 or less

jlwhite90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlwhite90

I would say that these are pretty awesome little Helicopters.

For Christmas I got a tiny infrared ufo that was cool but it was not durable and was broken from the gears popping out of place and no longer making contact.

I have had these for about 6 hours now and I was playing with them at work and crashing them into the walls and floor and people (not on purpose) and they held up well meaning they still work. I have never really flown helicopters before and I love this! If I can master down the controls I may look into getting a real R/C one that is bigger and more durable. The flight time does last about 10 minutes or less and takes at least 30 minutes for a good charge which is why having at least 2 is good. I would highly recommend this for kids or someone interested in flying them for the first time. Definitely worth the $30.