conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2561 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2561 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments from when these were offered in June

BooferFTW

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BooferFTW

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture.

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff

This makes a wonderful and supportive gift for the first time nursing mom!

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff
BooferFTW wrote:Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Hilarious.

Austerea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Austerea

Alright. I have a new request from Woot. Cute and funny nursing blankets.

There is nothing special or funny about this one. It's not plain. Great? Why not bring some of the humor of their shirts to these products? I'd be all over it if they did.

lichme

quality posts: 2292 Private Messages lichme

More info, and styles at the Product Page

[url=http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1095403/cover-in-style-by-bebe-au-lait-damask-nursing-cover.jsp[Good Review[/url] from Kohls

wootpapa

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wootpapa

In my area, a mother attracts attention to herself if she drapes her body in a shroud because she's embarrassed about her body or she thinks men will get horny or for other silly reasons. We even have a law saying feeding your baby with your boobies in public is normal and acceptable.

Ooh, yeah, I did write that. But like I said, there's nothing better to draw attention to the fact your boob is out than to wear a giant shield that tells people there's boobs lurking about.

Watching the woot-by-state statistics on this one will be interesting.

nucleardrugs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nucleardrugs
wootpapa wrote:In my area, a mother attracts attention to herself if she drapes her body in a shroud because she's embarrassed about her body or she thinks men will get horny or for other silly reasons. We even have a law saying feeding your baby with your boobies in public is normal and acceptable.

Ooh, yeah, I did write that. But like I said, there's nothing better to draw attention to the fact your boob is out than to wear a giant shield that tells people there's boobs lurking about.

I know exactly what you experience. With me it's one startled glance, and then giving total privacy to the mother nursing. Watching others reactions, its generally the woman who flash distane, men indifference. Since most babies are fairly still until they finish nursing, I have only noticed because the infant moved and mom is readjusting herself.

Not really sure how the drop cloth works. Seems like one one thing to pack in the diaper bag to avoid the immature

ttujill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttujill

Have one of these and love it. These are a lot nicer than the 'free' one you can order and for this price you get 2 for the price of the 'free' shipping. Also, I use this a lot as a sun shade because infant skin is not supposed to be in the sun until 6 months and there are a lot of times I am walking and need to cover the baby.

morninglark

quality posts: 21 Private Messages morninglark
wootpapa wrote:In my area, a mother attracts attention to herself if she drapes her body in a shroud because she's embarrassed about her body or she thinks men will get horny or for other silly reasons. We even have a law saying feeding your baby with your boobies in public is normal and acceptable.

I agree. Many women are so adept that no one can tell if they are nursing or just holding the baby. Of course the style of blouse might make breast feeding easier.

This nursing cover looks ridiculous, IMHO. Not only does it draw attention but you'd have to get the baby to agree to stay under the thing.

There is nothing wrong with breast feeding a baby in public, until the 1950s breast feeding was common. Since it came back in the 1970s, it was really only gone for about 20- 25 years. So, what's the sudden fuss about breastfeeding in the 2013s?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 90 Private Messages radi0j0hn
BooferFTW wrote:Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Some brain cell from the 1960's popped up in my head and I suddenly recalled the old R&B song, "Let It All Hang Out."

And I'm certainly sober, so I must be demented.

But, seriously, I've seen these covers "in action" and barely even thought about it. Nursing a child in a public bathroom stall is not nice, I am told.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy

$64 list price? Because, yeah, new moms have plenty of disposable income...
Ludicrous.

bunchesmcguinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunchesmcguinty

i nursed all 3 of my babies. You don't need these, they just serve to make baby uncomfortable (would u like eating under a blanket without fresh air?) and to carry on the notion that you should be ashamed to breastfeed. Do it discreetly, don't hang a flag around your neck that screams 'hey i got my boob out" and bond with your kid they way you should. cont let some prude get in between you and you kid, ever. And please don't encourage them by showing how right they are by hiding your kid under one of these things

tpsully1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tpsully1

Well Texas is the same color as Massachusetts, how does that fit with your stereotyping?

drmoos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drmoos
lstaff wrote:Hilarious.

I actually Laugh out loud.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 504 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A few thoughts on the comments here...

I breast fed my son so I'm speaking from some experience.

I don't think these are intended to use all the time. They're for those times that you may need to feed your munchkin away from home and there's no place quiet to go.

Some moms aren't as comfortable breast feeding in front of people and this can help. It not always about shielding the public from view as to being comfortably modest.

It can also help reduce distractions for the munchkin while feeding. Nothing like having a kid clamped on and he decides to look the other way. Ouch!

ckaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckaris
ThunderThighs wrote:A few thoughts on the comments here...

I breast fed my son so I'm speaking from some experience.

I don't think these are intended to use all the time. They're for those times that you may need to feed your munchkin away from home and there's no place quiet to go.

Some moms aren't as comfortable breast feeding in front of people and this can help. It not always about shielding the public from view as to being comfortably modest.

It can also help reduce distractions for the munchkin while feeding. Nothing like having a kid clamped on and he decides to look the other way. Ouch!

Well said. With my four kids I have breastfed for a total of about nine years so far.I have rarely found myself with the need to breastfeed in public, but on the rare occasion that I have, I didn't see a problem with modesty. Less distraction for the child also. Once they reach a certain age, they are easily distracted while nursing.

addysmuma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addysmuma

Oh man, I too once was a nursing cover using mama!

Until, I realised, it was like wrangling an alligator under the cover because my daughter wanted to be aware of what was going on while she ate her meal. Or perhaps it gets PRETTY hot under the cover rather quickly. Ick imagine how sweaty you and baby will be!

It's pretty scary when you're out in public for the first time, with a hungry baby that needs to eat NOW. I won't lie, it's terrifying those first few times.

Here's a BETTER way to stay discrete without having to create an oven for your nursing baby.

The tank top/spaghetti strap underneath your normal t-shirt. Lift up top shirt, tank top will cover the rest of your body, one boob is "exposed" while your baby's head covers everything else. Your view of your breast isn't the same as everyone elses view. We see our whole boob and baby eating. Everyone else sees a baby's head in place of boob.

Once you got that down, feel confident that the LAW is on YOUR SIDE that protects you nursing in public. (Just google breastfeeding laws and look up the information for your state)