WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What do you think about kids using bad words?
  • 41.6% - It's never allowed in my house. Ever. 441
  • 24.4% - It's a little tacky, but not the end of the world. 259
  • 15.3% - There's a time and a place for everything. 162
  • 17.8% - They're just words. People make it a bigger deal than it is. 189
  • 0.9% - Something else (comments, please) 10
1061 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I teach my kids bad words to freak out their grandma. She acts like she hates it, but I think she kinda likes it.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

babyfacebrewster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babyfacebrewster

What age are we talking about here? lol. My answer is gonna change as the age changes.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper
babyfacebrewster wrote:What age are we talking about here? lol. My answer is gonna change as the age changes.

I'd say over 2 is Ok...

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

I explain to them that it shows a lack of imagination.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
mdkopper wrote:I'd say over 2 is Ok...

Two rules, understand what they're saying means, mean what they say. Taught my kids to never be rude by accident...mean everything you're saying when you're insulting someone.

So unless they're carpet F-bombing (that's a '60's reference for you kids) there's no issue. And my kids rarely use profanity.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Where's the Hershey's!?

lavendrea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavendrea

If my children demonstrate enough intelligence and reasoning ability to profane in context and understand what they are saying, then there is no problem. Quality is everything, and it is important for them to learn the consequences of their actions.

rstewart29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rstewart29
lavendrea wrote:If my children demonstrate enough intelligence and reasoning ability to profane in context and understand what they are saying, then there is no problem. Quality is everything, and it is important for them to learn the consequences of their actions.

quality swears are you kidding me