Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2908 Private Messages lichme

Item: Little Jumper Trampoline
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 Two-Day OR $22 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/22/2013 - $49.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
12/10/2012 - $49.99 (Woot-off) - 4 comment(s)
11/28/2012 - $49.99 - 0 comment(s)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of good reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

The reviewers at diapers.com says "thats good stuff"

lichme

People aren't Bouncing Over This at ToysRUs, with 3 star reviews

lichme

Some Assembly Required

esmerel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esmerel

So I've had two of these now; the legs? Yeah, the welds do not hold. The first time, the one of the leg welds popped and sheared right off while one of my kids was jumping on it - we'd had it for about 4 months. The customer service from the company was terrific, and they sent me a replacement. I emailed them about the second one and I have yet to hear back from them on it. This time it's been about 6 months. My kids love the thing, but I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it to anyone else.

gestaltx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gestaltx

Absolute crap. I bought this from woot last time and my kids broke it 3 months ago. It broke at a weld point and exposed a nice sharp edge for them to cut themselves on. Fortunately no one was hurt, but this is a really poorly designed trampoline.

I was assured before my purchase last time from woot that it was not affected my the recall, but I'm not so sure anymore.

The base of the trampoline is not nearly wide enough. My 3 yr old was able to actually tilt the trampoline up on two legs while jumping and holding the bar.

gothicchic21

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gothicchic21

I keep mine in the garage & bring it in only when in use. My daughter is almost 4 & still uses it probably weekly. I think I have had it for about a year. She never wants to use the handle, so I always worry she is going to bang into it instead. I think I would rather have a small one outside, with a net around, but the dogs take up the yard so we cannot keep anything outside because one of the dogs destroys everything.

I think it has been worth the price though, small, fairly portable, fun for kids, and no real problems so far.

edgarjauregui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarjauregui

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

Save your money and just get a small exercise trampoline for the kiddos. My 5 yr old uses ours all.the.time and has since she had just turned 4. She never needed a handle and probably would have done a flip over the thing if she had (she's a high jumper).

CorinaJoyC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CorinaJoyC

My grandson has had this trampoline for seven months and uses it every single day. It's small enough to fit in his bedroom, next to his bed so he uses it all the time. He is 3 and weighs 42 pounds. We've not had any problem with it at all. It is holding up fine, even after being used by bigger kids at his birthday party. I would buy it again. In fact, I'm thinking I may get it so he'll have one at home and one at his nana's house! Excellent item and very good price!

hotmama36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotmama36

This is SO dangerous!!! My son jumped over the top of the bar at age 2 and hit his head. I am so thankful that he didn't have a head injury. SO many people have had the same issue. Why are they still selling these?

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

We use a regular adult version from Academy. My kids would have used the handle to jump dangerously high or climb on or something. That said, we got it when they were two and they're now nine and still use it occasionally. Definitely a good investment.

Crab

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Crab

We've had one for a couple of years. No problems with the welds. The rugrat uses it periodically and it's held up.

Assembly isn't hard. Takes 15 - 20 minutes, maybe, most of which is spent threading the bungee through the eyeholes in the tarp.

Only problem I noticed is that the yellow plastic coating on the legs has started to flake off, exposing the metal underneath. Not a safety hazard, just an aesthetic issue.

Would recommend for kids age 3-5, as it provides quite a bit of mindless fun, and tires the kids out at the same time!

karengroovy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karengroovy

yikes. Thanks to all for posting about broken welds.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Assembly is a pain...threading that bungee cord through and tightening it just right...UGH! But I did it by myself on Christmas Eve! Bought one (I think from here) last summer and we gave it to my daughter for Christmas. She does love it! I do worry when the back legs lift off the ground a couple of inches as she bounces and I keep threatening to put weights on there. I know she can't get it off the ground high enough to actually flip it over, but I'm still paranoid. Also, the cover does not stay on properly. It is slightly too small and at least one of the corners is always coming undone. The velcro strap just BARELY reaches to secure it. I gave up on that staying in place a long time ago. And you do have to keep an eye on kids using it. My 3 year old daughter likes to try to do flips on that bar and we have to keep reminding her that is NOT what it is for.
All said and done, it is still a good buy. It gets used a lot and my daughter enjoys it.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

jeniandmatty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeniandmatty

Does anyone who has this trampoline leave it outside (i.e. like with an outdoor playground) or is this strickly an indoor toy? I'm wondering if the springs might rust out or something...

dpj002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpj002
jeniandmatty wrote:Does anyone who has this trampoline leave it outside (i.e. like with an outdoor playground) or is this strickly an indoor toy? I'm wondering if the springs might rust out or something...

There isn't any springs on it, they use bungie cord (one really long one) so it won't rust. I have left bungie cords outside for extended periods of time and the weather breaks down the exterior of cords and then can expose the rubber and allow it to break down as well.

I bought this for my kid and she loves it. having it on a hard floor isn't good because it tends to "walk" as you jump on it. I put it in the corner so she had less ways to fall off and after 1 min of jumping the trampoline was in the middle of the room.

Assembly was a little tricky but wasn't too bad. We had no problems with the legs breaking, I would say to make sure you follow the weight limits. we had 2 3 year olds jumping at the same time on it and it held them.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

My parents bought one of these for my nephew. He loves it. And so does his mom! (It really burns up some of his energy!)

My kids used a little adult jogging-type trampoline around that age for the same purpose, until they got older and started using it to jump from a bed to the tramp to the couch. Then it was given away.

Moledazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Moledazy

Knowing these were recalled and that the the product improvement between this version 786W and the 786X recalled version was a handle bar fix, but the issue in reviews was more that kids were flipping over the bar vs bar breakage - I think I'm out - I have no doubt my reckless abandon 2 year old would find a way to injure herself.

zomigi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zomigi

I bought this from Woot in December, I believe, for my 4 and 1.5-year-old kids. They loved it--while it lasted (more on that in a moment). Good bounce to it, nice size. The bar is a really nice feature.

But, the bar doesn't fold down or detach, which means you can't tuck the trampoline away somewhere when not in use. It takes up a ton of space, and we didn't have a dedicated spot for it. So what we did was lean it against the wall at an angle, bar out. The problem was that the kids thought it was great fun to throw their bodies against the now-vertical-ish trampoline. We told them not to, but they're kids... Anyway, I think this put too much stress on the diagonally leaning legs, because after only having the trampoline for a few months one of the metal legs developed a huge gash in it. Fortunately, Alex Toys refunded what we paid and even let us pick out new toys totaling to the same amount.

In summary: I think this is a good product if you have a big playroom and can give it a dedicated spot to always sit out.

slylynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slylynn
zomigi wrote:But, the bar doesn't fold down or detach, which means you can't tuck the trampoline away somewhere when not in use.

Actually the handle bar does detach, but it's not quick and easy. I bought one last summer and just noticed that the welds at the base of our handle bar were failing. (Possibly because my 2 and 4 year-olds kept using it like a gymnastics bar no matter how many times they were told not to.) I e-mailed pics to Alex and they offered me a refund or replacement. My kids liked it enough that I took the replacement. Alex has great customer service.

Even with the weld failure I still don't think this toy is a safety hazard, just inspect it closely every once in a while. (Something that's a good idea with any large toy.)

zomigi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zomigi
slylynn wrote:Actually the handle bar does detach, but it's not quick and easy.

Well of course, you can *disassemble* the bar from the trampoline, but that's not what I mean by detach. I mean there's no release to pop it on and off. If you disassemble the bar, you are left with hard-edged metal stumps sticking up on the front of the trampoline. Dangerous. Thus, the bar is not optional.

slylynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slylynn
zomigi wrote:Well of course, you can *disassemble* the bar from the trampoline, but that's not what I mean by detach. I mean there's no release to pop it on and off. If you disassemble the bar, you are left with hard-edged metal stumps sticking up on the front of the trampoline. Dangerous. Thus, the bar is not optional.

Yeah, you it's not safe to use without the handle bar. But with just the spring loaded pins it can be removed without tools for easier storage. If it weren't for the metal stumps I'd probably just leave the handlebar off.