WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Just Simply Baby Diapers

If you don't feel like walking your Great Dane, we can't help you! These diapers are Just Simply BABY Diapers! Use them incorrectly and you'll have to answer to the diaper police. Or possibly the diaper Feds if you cross state lines.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

My kid is long out of diapers, but wanted to pop in here and say these look like really nice diapers for the price. I paid around $18 each for my Bum Genius diapers 4 years ago and would have jumped at $12. The $5 shipping is not a problem if you order enough to actually cloth diaper successfully. You would need around 20-25 to keep clean ones in rotation. These pocket style are great for the squeamish or if you want to cloth diaper but don't want to hassle with trying to fold and pin/clip old style diapers. I would run a load of laundry, then as I watched TV at night I would stuff the inserts in and lay the diapers flat and ready to put on. If I had a stack ready to go in the nursery even my "do the minimum to get by" husband would use them.

I managed to cloth diaper my baby through potty training and only used diposables for traveling and outings (not carrying dirty cloth diapers with me, sorry...just not gonna happen). I am happy to answer questions if anyone needs a little advice, though I probably won't answer until this evening. Really, it is a big up front investment but in the end you save SO MUCH MONEY and landfill space and chemicals over disposables it's really worth it. I also found potty training to be much easier because by that age they begin to noticed that being wet and soggy isn't that great.

To sum up, I'm lazy. If using cloth diapers had been that much more work than just doing regular laundry I would not have done it. At the end I was also able to sell my whole diaper stash for around $300 so I recouped a little cash.

If you know someone who uses cloth diapers, these would be a great little gift of some cool fun colors for them to use.

Also, I would not use them for a small newborn though I know people who have. I used disposables until my daughter was about 4m old and done breast feeding as poop at that age is just, well, not good.

scrapaddict28

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scrapaddict28

You can buy these diapers directly from the site for $13

http://www.justsimplybaby.com/product_p/jsb-grf.htm

AND you get to choose your insert type (microfiber, bamboo, or hemp).

Not the 'great' deal as advertised Woot...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scrapaddict28 wrote:You can buy these diapers directly from the site for $13

http://www.justsimplybaby.com/product_p/jsb-grf.htm

AND you get to choose your insert type (microfiber, bamboo, or hemp).

Not the 'great' deal as advertised Woot...

Plus $3 shipping for one, $7 for two or three, $9 for five, and so on. Ours is $5 for as many as you want to put into your cart.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tangojet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tangojet
traquy wrote:My kid is long out of diapers, but wanted to pop in here and say these look like really nice diapers for the price. I paid around $18 each for my Bum Genius diapers 4 years ago and would have jumped at $12. The $5 shipping is not a problem if you order enough to actually cloth diaper successfully. You would need around 20-25 to keep clean ones in rotation. These pocket style are great for the squeamish or if you want to cloth diaper but don't want to hassle with trying to fold and pin/clip old style diapers. I would run a load of laundry, then as I watched TV at night I would stuff the inserts in and lay the diapers flat and ready to put on. If I had a stack ready to go in the nursery even my "do the minimum to get by" husband would use them.

I managed to cloth diaper my baby through potty training and only used diposables for traveling and outings (not carrying dirty cloth diapers with me, sorry...just not gonna happen). I am happy to answer questions if anyone needs a little advice, though I probably won't answer until this evening. Really, it is a big up front investment but in the end you save SO MUCH MONEY and landfill space and chemicals over disposables it's really worth it. I also found potty training to be much easier because by that age they begin to noticed that being wet and soggy isn't that great.

To sum up, I'm lazy. If using cloth diapers had been that much more work than just doing regular laundry I would not have done it. At the end I was also able to sell my whole diaper stash for around $300 so I recouped a little cash.

If you know someone who uses cloth diapers, these would be a great little gift of some cool fun colors for them to use.

Also, I would not use them for a small newborn though I know people who have. I used disposables until my daughter was about 4m old and done breast feeding as poop at that age is just, well, not good.

Exclusively breast fed baby poop is 100% water soluble. Just toss is the wash :-)

violetrays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violetrays

These are relabled Chinese cheapies. try alvababy.com for
they don't have double gussets but they are $5.00 and even cheaper if you joing a co op.

bcreel1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcreel1982
violetrays wrote:These are relabled Chinese cheapies. try alvababy.com for
they don't have double gussets but they are $5.00 and even cheaper if you joing a co op.

Actually, these are made in the USA in a small town in Georgia. I grew up with the couple who runs the business and own several of these diapers myself. Great product and love the fabric selections!

bcreel1982

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcreel1982
bcreel1982 wrote:Actually, these are made in the USA in a small town in Georgia. I grew up with the couple who runs the business and own several of these diapers myself. Great product and love the fabric selections!

Hmmmm it appears I was wrong. I thought the diapers were manufactured in the USA, but you are right - China. I know the COMPANY is based in Oxford, GA, however. Wish they were made in the USA

mkaaaaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkaaaaw
ThunderThighs wrote:Plus $3 shipping for one, $7 for two or three, $9 for five, and so on. Ours is $5 for as many as you want to put into your cart.

you can change inserts there, but it goes up in cost... this is a better deal.

mkaaaaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkaaaaw

I actually had Alvababy diapers...they are super cheap..and work great for like 2 months. And that was after it took 4 months to get them here. I have some JSB diapers..and they are still great after almost 3 yrs. PLUS..only took 3 days to get them, PLUS when I had a question I got a real person to talk to...in a non-foreign accent.

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722

Alvababy.com also is a Chinese warehouse... so basically 'relabeled Chinese cheapies' applies to anything off of the Alva baby site.

TraciBinder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TraciBinder

My daughter is 2 and we are going through the potty training stage. She could care less about a wet diaper so I am looking for something to help push her along. Anyone know if these will help her through the potty training stage or used them during that time?

violetrays

I paid $2.70 each for alva diapers off of a co op on facebook. there are many diaper co ops. It took about 2 months to get them. they fit better then the fuzzy buns one size, that I paid $12 a piece for used. These look almost exactly like babyland, kawaii, jctrade, alva baby. I've seen babyland diapers as low as $2 a diaper on the co ops. You can order them wholesale and slap a different label on them and then sell them for 5 times what you paid for them since that how much Charlie banana's are and bum genius and fuzzi buns, which are all good diapers. But if you are going to buy a Chinese diaper you shouldn't pay more then $3-$4 for them. Yes they probably won't last as long but it's better then using disposables, which take 500 years to decompose. I actually really like alva's better then fuzzibuns for the fit. They also have decent (not the best) customer service. They will replace defective diapers.

violetrays

greenlightgo722 wrote:Alvababy.com also is a Chinese warehouse... so basically 'relabeled Chinese cheapies' applies to anything off of the Alva baby site.

Right, all I was trying to say is that if you are going to buy a Chinese diaper you should buy from co op and pay wholesale prices.

violetrays

TraciBinder wrote:My daughter is 2 and we are going through the potty training stage. She could care less about a wet diaper so I am looking for something to help push her along. Anyone know if these will help her through the potty training stage or used them during that time?

You can also get cloth trainers on the co ops. some of them are bamboo inner so they can feel the wetness, with suede cloth or fleece they can not feel the wetness.

violetrays

mkaaaaw wrote:I actually had Alvababy diapers...they are super cheap..and work great for like 2 months. And that was after it took 4 months to get them here. I have some JSB diapers..and they are still great after almost 3 yrs. PLUS..only took 3 days to get them, PLUS when I had a question I got a real person to talk to...in a non-foreign accent.

I just started using them. Did you use the special laundry soap? they can get a film of soap residue on them and stop absorbing if you don't use a special kind of detergent.

moreuw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moreuw

A quick Google search will find cheaper options with a better selection of designs for the same product. Not wootable at all, and I'm glad I checked. Nothing's worse than thinking you got a deal, and then feeling like a sucker.