Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

An impressive 5 Star 500+ review post at Amazon

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Toys-R-Us confirms how good this set is.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Almost perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

The shoppers at melissaanddoug.com love these as well (4.9 out of 5.0)

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop

Excellent gift for a two year-old. The kid should get two or three years of play out of them, and then they make a terrific hand me down gift,

rlsalvati

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlsalvati

This is a great set. Picked one up for my now 9 year-old when he was a toddler. For years these were in play daily. It's still in use, although at this point it's mostly as support for car tracks. Every child should have one.

heidi1361

quality posts: 6 Private Messages heidi1361

I bought these blocks from Woot about a year(?) ago for my family child care.
They are terrific... nice quality & a decent amount of blocks too.
We DO NOT attempt to put the blocks back into that wooden box (we keep the blocks in a bin).
We repurposed the wooden bin for our toy food.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Was kind of disappointed by these blocks; the quality is quite good but the selection of blocks is not what it could be...few long blocks, no flat blocks to build roofs. More thoughts could have gone into choosing blocks more suited to building cool castles.

pfffft!

LittleBird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleBird

We have a similar Melissa and Doug block set and it's pretty great. Very high quality.

schnee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schnee

I bought this same set five years ago on an Amazon deal, and they're still holding up really well. We do put them back in the box every night, and the box is holding up fine, too.

thecooley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecooley

I see several commenters have gotten these for their toddler-age children, but Woot has a choking hazard warning.

So are the pieces actually that small? Should I really wait until my little one is 3 years old to play with these? I want to get them for Christmas, but he will only be 18 months by then.

longjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longjohn

I don't get it. Why so expensive for plain blocks of wood. At original price it is over $1 per piece for a few cents worth of wood. :|

Ninkumpoop

thecooley wrote:I see several commenters have gotten these for their toddler-age children, but Woot has a choking hazard warning.

So are the pieces actually that small? Should I really wait until my little one is 3 years old to play with these? I want to get them for Christmas, but he will only be 18 months by then.

Not an expert on this, but I believe that the quarter round pieces are probably small enough that they may be considered a choking hazard, hence the warning.

Ninkumpoop

longjohn wrote:I don't get it. Why so expensive for plain blocks of wood. At original price it is over $1 per piece for a few cents worth of wood. :|

That's what I thought, until I looked into making blocks myself. It's not an inexpensive proposition if you want good quality, long lasting, blocks. Some instructions for the patient wood cutter: http://www.barclaywoods.com/wooden_blocks_make_your_own.htm

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
Ninkumpoop wrote:Not an expert on this, but I believe that the quarter round pieces are probably small enough that they may be considered a choking hazard, hence the warning.

yes the quarter round pieces are in between quarter and a half dollar size. I think they would fit in a toddler's mouth. Those are also the biggest waste of space in the set IMHO.

pfffft!

richb198207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richb198207
Ninkumpoop wrote:Excellent gift for a two year-old. The kid should get two or three years of play out of them, and then they make a terrific hand me down gift,

my son is only 12 month old, is it suitable for him?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

richb198207 wrote:my son is only 12 month old, is it suitable for him?

Sorry for the late reply.
The recommend age for today's offer is 3 Years and Up.

dpudg02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpudg02

The pieces are not small. I honestly don't see how they could pose a choking hazard. We gave them to our son for his second birthday. He loves them, as does his four-year-old sister. I am debating a second set, or several for Christmas gifts.