Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

These make kids taller, correct?

that was fun while it lasted!

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Got this same item at Big Lots for $10 several months ago. Well made and easy to use.

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake

These types of folding stools are very handy and don't take up much space, but always make sure the sides are fully folded out before using. Not doing so can cause them to collapse and cause injuries, as its engineered strength is only when it's fully expanded.

As with all steps, never ever overreach or lean too far over.

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Yeah, I'll echo the above. Don't let the look fool you. To me, it looks like it would snap under the weight, but they really are sturdy.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

"Holds up to 250 lbs"

sounds like something I would want to keep in the kitchen to help me with some of those out of reach cabinets.

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

250lbs I can use this only if I'm on it naked.

conanthelibrarian wrote:"Holds up to 250 lbs"

sounds like something I would want to keep in the kitchen to help me with some of those out of reach cabinets.

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

I own various versions of these stools and they're generally well-made. The stools are rated from 250-300 lbs -- which makes them more of a urility stool than a kid's stool.

A WARNING, however ... this model seems to suffer from the same flaw that 80% of similar models have. The bottom of the legs are mot rubberized thus VERY slippery. Yes, the surface is anti-slip because it's textured or coated. But the legs aren't so while your feet won't slip off the stool -- the stool WILL slide on the floor.

I've only seen two models tht have a rubberized coating on the bottom of the feet. This is not a popular feature because the feet's bottom have to be wide, which takes up space, making it more difficult to fold flat.

This is my solution. Whenever I use these for stepping (as oppose to sitting), I put it on stop of a non-slip rubber sheet. These sheets are normally used under rugs.

If these are used soly as a a kid's stool for sitting, you on't have to worry too much about alippage.

[MOD: From the features... Anti-slip rubber pads on the stool feet keep you from starring in a YouTube video]

sdc100

conanthelibrarian wrote:"Holds up to 250 lbs"

Please read my posr regarding slippage. These are prone to slipping on the floor as you step on them so be careful. See the post for an inelegant solution.

sdc100

BTW, if you're giving these to a kid solely for sitting, you still have to be careful. It's easy to pinch your fingers while opening and folding. And if you're kid is goign to use these for climbing, pklease see my post regarding slippage.

waningestrogen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waningestrogen
sdc100 wrote:I own various versions of these stools and they're generally well-made. The stools are rated from 250-300 lbs -- which makes them more of a urility stool than a kid's stool.

A WARNING, however ... this model seems to suffer from the same flaw that 80% of similar models have. The bottom of the legs are mot rubberized thus VERY slippery. Yes, the surface is anti-slip because it's textured or coated. But the legs aren't so while your feet won't slip off the stool -- the stool WILL slide on the floor.

I've only seen two models tht have a rubberized coating on the bottom of the feet. This is not a popular feature because the feet's bottom have to be wide, which takes up space, making it more difficult to fold flat.

This is my solution. Whenever I use these for stepping (as oppose to sitting), I put it on stop of a non-slip rubber sheet. These sheets are normally used under rugs.

If these are used soly as a a kid's stool for sitting, you on't have to worry too much about alippage.

From the specs tab:

"Anti-slip rubber pads on the stool feet keep you from starring in a YouTube video"

Additionally, I own another folding step/stool without any specific anti-slip features and have never had any problems such as those you mention, despite being a complete klutz with balance issues.

YMMV.

In for one more (this one gives me 4 inches extra reach).
Errr . . . in for two more. Why not?

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
Narfcake wrote:These types of folding stools are very handy and don't take up much space, but always make sure the sides are fully folded out before using. Not doing so can cause them to collapse and cause injuries, as its engineered strength is only when it's fully expanded.

As with all steps, never ever overreach or lean too far over.

Market Day had these as the Freequent Buyer premium a few years ago. My spouse didn't want to keep ours, though (didn't trust the sturdiness of the design, plus unfortunately we're both closer to the max. 250 lbs. cap. than we'd like to be ), so I sold it on eBay. I've since seen similar folding stepstools featured in several "dorm haul" videos on YouTube, however, and our college-bound daughter will certainly need a stepstool to reach the top bunk in her dorm room, so maybe . . .?

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

Great stool. I own the one from bed bath & beyond that has rubber feet as well and a 300# capacity. Use it al the time. This price isn't good. BBB is $12.99 plus tax but with 20%, it's cheaper.

I poop while I Woot.

DawnieGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DawnieGirl

Love this stool & so does my 3 year old, but GOT IT CHEAPER AT TjMAXX.

davehathaway

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davehathaway

I've been looking for something like this to keep on my screen front porch (to use as a footrest when sitting on the glider). It appears to be made of plastic or fiberglass. Is it weather resistant?

GennX

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GennX

We have a similar model - not exactly the same dimensions, but made by the same manufacturer - and it is used EXTENSIVELY by our 4 year old. He uses it to climb up and sit on the toilet, collapses it then carries it to the sink for hand washing, then will take it to any light switch he can't reach. There is a "pinch threat" but we showed him how to safely operate it and it's never been a problem. (every door in our house can pinch fingers if not used properly ;) As mentioned in the description, there is a non-skid padding on the bottom and its never slipped on tile, linoleum or the hardwood surfaces in our house ... and it has been used all over in our home.

We found it so useful that one now resides at both grandparents' home. We were able to get rid of the permanent stools that we tripped over in every bathroom as we taught the kiddo to fold it up & slide it between the sink & toilet after use.

sbrinley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sbrinley
sdc100 wrote:BTW, if you're giving these to a kid solely for sitting, you still have to be careful. It's easy to pinch your fingers while opening and folding. And if you're kid is goign to use these for climbing, pklease see my post regarding slippage.

sdc100 is absolutely correct. The stool is nice and sturdy and collapses to fit in a narrow space, but finger pinching is very easy to do. I went with solid stools for my kids because of this very worry after using my mother's.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

I own one that is identical except it's only 8 inches tall BUT is rated to hold up to 550 lbs. How can that be?

I think, therefore.."I-M".

bunnykins

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bunnykins

I own one of these and they come in handy. I like how they fold up and take up very little space. I use this more then my step stool to reach things on top shelves or to change the light bulb. I am actually thinking about buying this one from woot but do I need another one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

oddsbeater1 wrote:I own one that is identical except it's only 8 inches tall BUT is rated to hold up to 550 lbs. How can that be?

I looked at the stool yesterday and it has a big sticker on it with the weight limit. So our weight limit is verified.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

h0z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h0z

I have something very similar to this and we got it for our son who is now 8 and doesnt really need it anymore. We got ours from Bed Bath & Beyond and its held up with NO problems at all, like this person said my used it everywhere in the house he couldn't reach. I have even used it myself (280lbs) and it held me just fine.....its simple with how it folds up. i wish i would of seen something like this back when i was looking for one for our son....

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=203163

GennX wrote:We have a similar model - not exactly the same dimensions, but made by the same manufacturer - and it is used EXTENSIVELY by our 4 year old. He uses it to climb up and sit on the toilet, collapses it then carries it to the sink for hand washing, then will take it to any light switch he can't reach. There is a "pinch threat" but we showed him how to safely operate it and it's never been a problem. (every door in our house can pinch fingers if not used properly ;) As mentioned in the description, there is a non-skid padding on the bottom and its never slipped on tile, linoleum or the hardwood surfaces in our house ... and it has been used all over in our home.

We found it so useful that one now resides at both grandparents' home. We were able to get rid of the permanent stools that we tripped over in every bathroom as we taught the kiddo to fold it up & slide it between the sink & toilet after use.

GennX

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GennX
oddsbeater1 wrote:I own one that is identical except it's only 8 inches tall BUT is rated to hold up to 550 lbs. How can that be?

Ours is 11.5 inches tall and rated to 300lbs. I'm guessing the shorter the stool, the more weight the construction will hold. Maybe a 4 inch tall one would hold 1000 lbs?!?!