WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Squatchi Kids Shoe Sizer

All the deals are online. Trust us, we know. But online, you can't tell what size shoe your child needs! And you don't know how to eyeball it, right? What are you, a shoe salesperson? Get one of these, size your kid, buy cheap shoes, live happily. The end.
Squatchi official site

Quality Posts

• (10:01 AM, 7/1/2013) [Insider] momdebra chimes in on printables.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, these things are pretty darn cool. Why didn't they have these years ago? Always had to go by a store to measure his feet periodically to see what size he was up to.

Thoughts?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick

It doesn't seem to incorporate width. Am I correct on that?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tdemick wrote:It doesn't seem to incorporate width. Am I correct on that?

Correct. Here's an answer to that question from Amy, the inventor, that I found on another site:

Thank you for your email! The Squatchi does not measure width for several reasons. Width doesn't change in the same way that length does, which is constantly! You either have a "wide," "normal," or "narrow" foot. Parents typically know early on whether their child is wide or narrow and they order accordingly - it's not something that necessarily changes. We wanted to be able to measure BOTH feet (since kids feet are always growing and not necessarily at the same rate)! It seems like you know your grandsons have wide feet so I would order "wide" or one size up for those brands that don't offer wide. Hope that helps!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Is this a gag ? They can't be serious.

mesauter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mesauter

You've obviously never ordered shoes on-line or tried to by for children or grandchildren without the kids being with you. This is the greatest invention since sliced bread!

kuma99 wrote:Is this a gag ? They can't be serious.

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase

Why would I pay $12 with shipping for this when I can just get a printable version online for free, save it to my hard drive and just print one whenever I need it instead of trying to remember where I put this one?

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

erinmartinez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erinmartinez

Here is a printable shoe sizer with a sizer on the side to determine if you need wide width:

http://www.landsend.com/pdfs/FitChart_kids.pdf

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

This isn't for me. Brannock device forever!

momdebra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momdebra
tbase wrote:Why would I pay $12 with shipping for this when I can just get a printable version online for free, save it to my hard drive and just print one whenever I need it instead of trying to remember where I put this one?

Printables? Ha! first of all, getting an accurate printable is a task...it is either the file or your printer that doesn't work...then, get your 2, 3, 4 year olds to put their heel on the zero point and perfectly straight to get an accurate measurement=impossible for everything to come together and not to mention a pain in the butt. Don't throw the paper away before you order cause you most likely will forget all three sizes in a day or two!

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

This is a bit late for me. My 9 year old twins are at the very end of this. Would be nice if it measured width.

momdebra

momdebra wrote:Printables? Ha! first of all, getting an accurate printable is a task...it is either the file or your printer that doesn't work...then, get your 2, 3, 4 year olds to put their heel on the zero point and perfectly straight to get an accurate measurement=impossible for everything to come together and not to mention a pain in the butt. Don't throw the paper away before you order cause you most likely will forget all three sizes in a day or two!

Because printables are difficult and inaccurate measurements. IT was the inspirartion for the Squatchi. I am the Squatchi co-inventor:-)

momdebra

cebii wrote:This is a bit late for me. My 9 year old twins are at the very end of this. Would be nice if it measured width.

Regarding width...Amy and I (we are the inventors of Squatchi) considered width but realized several things about width measurement. 1) kids shoes have 3 choices when it comes to width...narrow, medium and wide unlike adult shoes that range from AA-DD. 2) the velocity of change in width is less frequent. Generally if your feet are wide, they stay that way for years and they do not keep changing from wide to narrow to wide every 3 months like the length. Generally, moms can look at kids foot and realize, Dang, you have a fat foot or your foot is really skinny...Additionally, the likelihood of one foot to be larger than the other effects over 50% of people, so measuring both feet is important so you buy the size for the larger foot.

When we designed Squatchi we felt it very important to make a fun, durable, easy to use product with no moving parts that could break and that could measure both feet. AND we did not want it to look like the cold metal, torture-machine looking measurers that are used in some shoe stores and give kids nightmares:-)

That is the long winded response regarding the decision not offer a width measurement.

However, if you really feel you need width...mark on either side of the foot and measure it with ruler or take a picture and show the shoe saleperson what they think..wide, narrow or medium. Once you know which of the three your children are...you wont have to worry about width for several years most likely.

scotchnsodie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scotchnsodie
tbase wrote:Why would I pay $12 with shipping for this when I can just get a printable version online for free, save it to my hard drive and just print one whenever I need it instead of trying to remember where I put this one?

Agreed. I don't have trouble getting accurate prints, but maybe that's because of my art background.

I wish these entrepreneurs luck - it's always nice to see a success story. I just hope these things are made in the USA...

momdebra

scotchnsodie wrote:Agreed. I don't have trouble getting accurate prints, but maybe that's because of my art background.

I wish these entrepreneurs luck - it's always nice to see a success story. I just hope these things are made in the USA...

Yes! They are made in Auburn, GA USA!