quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A single perfect review over at the O

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

I had something like this as a kid. It's remembered fondly as Amish Playstation.

ryanbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanbee

what is yhe manufacture date for this item? is yhe lot being sold made in china or USAt

[MOD: Per the features, made in the USA]

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Just like the one in the waiting room at the doctor's office, but with fewer germs!

beckyj955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beckyj955

Nice cube, kids love......only problem, on the abc side, the alphabet goes like this: A, B, C, H, E, F, G, H, I.......

murthyps27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murthyps27

Amazon says the age limit as follows:

Our recommended age: 36 months - 5 years
Manufacturer recommended age: 3 years and up

But woot says 2+ years. So what is the recommended age for this toy? Just asking because I don't want to buy something I am not going to use for another year. Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

murthyps27 wrote:Amazon says the age limit as follows:

Our recommended age: 36 months - 5 years
Manufacturer recommended age: 3 years and up

But woot says 2+ years. So what is the recommended age for this toy? Just asking because I don't want to buy something I am not going to use for another year. Thanks!

Anatex, the manufacturer, says "Ages 2+"

Hope that helps.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stienman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stienman

Note that the age limit is generally for CPSC.gov compliance due to theuse of small parts which, if broken (or bit!) off, could pose a choking hazard.

In other words the toy is usable by, and would be enjoyed by most infants and toddlers capable of sitting up and grasping objects, but you need to be watching them when they use the toy to make sure it doesn't spontaneously explode into bits small enough for them to choke on. Also to keep them from biting the various bits.

----------
Interested in electronics? Check out http://ubasics.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

beckyj955 wrote:Nice cube, kids love......only problem, on the abc side, the alphabet goes like this: A, B, C, H, E, F, G, H, I.......

Strange. They look correct in our photos. :\

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Elara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Elara

I bought one of these for around $129 6 years ago, for my then-18-month-old. It's been through 2 kids now + all their visiting friends and relatives, and it's held up great. The only slight issue is some minor paint rubs. This is a great deal.

jscott2135

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jscott2135

We got this last time it was on sale, we have an 18mo old and 8 mo old and the LOVE IT. This is one of the few toys that always makes it out onto the play area each evening!

sprfnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprfnz

We've been selling this toy since 2003. It was made in China, it's now made in Van Nuys California. The manufacturer sticker recommends ages 3 and up. It's a great toy that will get a lot of use. Best in waiting areas or with families who have young children.

Kids get bored with all toys. They'll play with this fairly ofter as it is basicsally six toys in one.

RickGale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RickGale

Received today. Box states "made in the USA." The actual toy has a "made in China" sticker on it, on the reverse side of the abacus attached to one side of the cube. I've contacted the company (Anatex) to inquire and rectify the situation.

LittleBird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleBird

Good toy, solidly made. My 21 month old tries to drag it into bed with him every night, so I would say he likes it.