Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Item: ERA Digital Video Baby Monitor
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/2/2013 - $75.00 (Woot Plus)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Some additional info can be found over at mylevana.com

lichme

quality posts: 2680 Private Messages lichme

Price comparison: $89 on Walmart

tdelly1989

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdelly1989

Is the mannequin head still around?

I miss seeing it on the baby monitors and headphone deals

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
tdelly1989 wrote:Is the mannequin head still around?

I miss seeing it on the baby monitors and headphone deals

Until we find out either way, for bluejester:

I think this video (that I posted from another ERA monitor sale) for pairing might apply here, too?

dimsumx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dimsumx

My previous experience from the last Baby Monitor sale:

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5437388&pageindex=1&replycount=39#post5451474

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy

Is this monitor N.S.A. approved?

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

sotssax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sotssax

From what I can tell, this is a discontinued model. How will that affect the warranty? And what is Woot!'s return policy?

dottie84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dottie84
alexandrialeigh wrote:Some bad reviews on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R25J8A1XMLBBGD/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

That is a different model. Here is one that is still a slightly different model, but much more similar to the 39101 than the one you posted.

Levana 32108 Reviews on Amazon

There are mixed reviews of this model on Walmart Canada. Doesn't look like it's worth the money.

ERA 39101 Reviews on Walmart Canada

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

If you go to Levana's website, they have another model for $149, but if you fill out their survey, you get a $100 rebate. Their site isn't clear about when you will get that survey though.
http://www.mylevana.com/product/Jena_Digital_Video_Baby_Monitor.eng-37.html

On the plus side, there is no shipping. But you need to know,
from their website: " Your purchase will be processed through a Canadian credit card processor. You may be charged a Foreign Transaction Fee if using a US credit card. The fee is a low percentage of your purchase and is dependent on your financial institution. Please contact your financial institution for more details."

So this newer model could end up cheaper than the one from woot, it's newer, and because of the survey, the company is more likely to service it.

jepstein303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jepstein303

anyone know where to get an additional camera for this model?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sotssax wrote:From what I can tell, this is a discontinued model. How will that affect the warranty? And what is Woot!'s return policy?

The company is still in business so like most companies that upgrade their products, they continue to support discontinued ones. That said, if you have problems contacting them, email support@woot.com and they'll help you out.

As to our return policy, the Woot FAQ covers that pretty well.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sombraala

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombraala

Got the elite[1] model on a previous sale and the extra cameras during the subsequent WootOff. Pretty happy with them.

One of the things I like a lot is that it's powered off of MiniUSB so there was a situation where I wanted to monitor my infant from a spot she isn't usually in and doesn't have plug-ins nearby, so I just took a USB Battery and hooked the camera up to that. Worked like a charm.

Also scared my wife when I used the intercom feature at night and she wasn't expecting it, so use with caution ;).

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

I don't have this monitor (have a regular non-video sony one) and my kid is 2 1/2 so I'm running out of the need for it, but we wish we had purchased a video monitor way back when. Not so we could see anything bad, just so we could see what the hell the kid is doing while she plays in there for an hour after we put her to bed!

slylynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slylynn

Can anyone tell me the difference between this and the Model 31103 the woot charged me $40 more for last month?

canucker1983

quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
slylynn wrote:Can anyone tell me the difference between this and the Model 31103 the woot charged me $40 more for last month?

Hello,

Levana company rep here to answer your questions.

The 31103 model is our Era Elite which features video recording and picture capture to SD card which the model featured today does not.

Defender Company Rep

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

this is worth it just to get another camera, assuming you need another. then have a back up monitor too.

wiicked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiicked

Got the Era Elite from the last sell and it's great.... HOWEVER, as some other reviews also state one day all of a sudden the clear video image is all blurry. Nothing from the FAQ helped to fix it... Otherwise, the system works good.

cwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwo

Will there be a Woot! deal later to offer additional cameras?

jrpursellmtu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrpursellmtu

I'm assuming so, but want to make sure that the camera with this EVA model is compatible with the EVA Elite Model from a prior Woot.

canucker1983

quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
jrpursellmtu wrote:I'm assuming so, but want to make sure that the camera with this EVA model is compatible with the EVA Elite Model from a prior Woot.

The cameras from the ERA Elite are compatible with the model featured today.

Defender Company Rep

moldiemom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moldiemom

Received this yesterday and already got a question into the customer service people. So in case that handy Levana rep is still hanging around... When the camera is plugged in, I can't use my laptop. Anybody else had this happen? Guess I am floored. Read about all the other problems but didn't see this one listed anywhere. And if you work from home, it's an issue!