WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you let your kids sleep in bed with you?
  • 11.1% - Of course! Every night. 126
  • 18% - Yes, but only when they're scared. 204
  • 34.2% - Not anymore. But I did when they were little. 387
  • 35.4% - Not now, not ever. 401
  • 1.3% - I've got something to say about this in the comments. 15
1133 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Whatever you do, don't let your twin daughter and son sleep in the same bed. You might wind up with a Jaime-Cersei relationship.

cbs2208

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cbs2208

Does this include Dog Children? Yes.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 14 Private Messages BelyndaG

Only when there was a bad storm or night terrors or something. DS learned how to escape from his baby bed by the time he was a year old by flipping himself over the side. He would show up at all hours in our room. I have to admit that there were times that I was just too darned sleepy to take him back to his own bed, knowing that he would only return in a few minutes.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

I am not a fan at all, between excess flow out of diapers, perpendicular sleep habits of children, and not getting to touch my wife, I really do not like it. My wife however goes to bed an hour or 2 before I do and has let each of our dang kids sleep with her in bed because she doesn't have the nerve to tell them to get back in their bed. Around 4 or so she starts to enforce it. We had cribs for each and sometimes they used it, but overall she is a cosleeper (for better or for worse) and they wound up in bed with us. After they've been broken of our bed, I am OK with the nightmare or bad storm scenario, but otherwise stay in your own damn room.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

marniewest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marniewest

I agree with Sumdudd. Children need to learn the limits and boundaries of relationships and that starts with the most important ones of their young lives. The parent/child relationship is the ONLY relationship that naturally should grow toward separation. Cuddling with a two year old may be sweet but when that child is ten and still sleeping with you, it just becomes a handicap.

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse
cbs2208 wrote:Does this include Dog Children? Yes.

+1 my furkids sleep on the bed most nights... in the cooler months, at least.

StarM

quality posts: 17 Private Messages StarM

I would, but their husbands might complain . . .

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

When our grandpuppy visits, she sleeps with us.

ambergreen

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ambergreen

Cosleeper as babies...then they sometimes climbed in the middle of the night after. Youngest is 3 and only gets in occasionally, usually when he isn't feeling well, and I'm too asleep to put him back. zzzz....

nololtoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nololtoday

I don't have any kids.

I just enjoy voting in polls and buying toys.

ceagee

quality posts: 59 Private Messages ceagee