quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

Item: Milk Straw Bundles - 3 Options
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme

I love these things, they aren't just for kids. I don't think I would use this big of a stock, however I don't have kids.

If you have a daycare, or babysit,or picky kids, these might be for you.

vanpattenv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanpattenv

These are at Walmart for 2/.99 cents. each pack has 6. I got them for my grandkids. They didn't like them at all. I tried them thinking at least the chocolate should be good. Boy was I wrong! At the end, you get chunks of 'stuff'. At the beginning is milk with a brown color to it. The strawberry was the same. Stick to the hershey's syrups or nesley's quik.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

These look great to throw in a purse/bag or even in a sack lunch to use at school.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

These things are terrible. There is no taste to the chocolate. No matter how long you let it sit. Just make your kid some chocolate milk like a good parent.

dhess

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dhess

This may sound a bit silly, but these things are actually pretty good on a Ketogenic diet.

This with unsweetened Almond milk is the closest you can get to full-carb chocolate milk without ordering the unsweetened chocolate almond milk (that isn't really sold in local stores.) It's only ~6g of carbs, which you can easily fit into the diet.

They're pretty neat in my opinion, and this is a pretty crazy deal.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
conanthelibrarian wrote:These look great to throw in a purse/bag or even in a sack lunch to use at school.

Don't do that. The "beads" fall out.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
vanpattenv wrote:These are at Walmart for 2/.99 cents. each pack has 6. I got them for my grandkids. They didn't like them at all. I tried them thinking at least the chocolate should be good. Boy was I wrong! At the end, you get chunks of 'stuff'. At the beginning is milk with a brown color to it. The strawberry was the same. Stick to the hershey's syrups or nesley's quik.

My kids love them, especially strawberry and cookies and cream. I like them, because they drink their milk without loading them up on sugar, too. Everybody wins. Personally, I can't stand chocolate milk from syrup -- so maybe by kids inherited the tastebuds.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 14 Private Messages meandsecoya

My husband buys these for our kids every now and then, as a treat, and they love them. This seems like it'd be a pretty good deal, but I'll admit I don't actually know how much he spends on them in the store.

PurplePawprints elsewhere

armywife1996

quality posts: 1 Private Messages armywife1996

Reading the comments, it's obvious these are a very personal taste. Vanpattenv absolutely gives the best description of my experience with them. None of my 5 kiddos like them at all.

I'd recommend running to Walmart and getting a pack to try today before ordering them, honestly.

queenofmud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenofmud

I have only seen 4 or 5 of the flavors in stores. (Choc/vanilla/strawberry-banana/cookies-and-cream).

Tried these with my toddler BEFORE we tried real choc milk...and she prefers the straws. She also does not eat much other sugary food, so I am sure that plays a role. Yes...mild taste, not that sweet, just changes color...but if your kid finds that fun, these are awesome. Daughter started using them at about 2 yrs.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

We currently have the chocolate milk straws. My 4 yr old likes them...in the beginning. She has yet to finish a cup of milk with one unless I add a bit of Nestle quick to the cup towards the end. I guess the beads ultimately start melting, but it's not enough flavor to make the milk taste good. If you've ever had chocolate milk where someone didn't add enough chocolate you'll know what I mean. (And yes, eventually you get tiny pieces of partially melted beads in your mouth unless you drink it all up really fast)

She does enjoy drinking strawberry milk with a chocolate straw though. My 6 yr old son has nothing to do with them.

One thing I noticed in the listing... there is a cotton candy flavor listed but it isn't included in the sets. Is this correct?

Silvanos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvanos

My 2 boys like these when I grab them from Walmart.

elfgurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfgurl
queenofmud wrote:I have only seen 4 or 5 of the flavors in stores. (Choc/vanilla/strawberry-banana/cookies-and-cream).

Tried these with my toddler BEFORE we tried real choc milk...and she prefers the straws. She also does not eat much other sugary food, so I am sure that plays a role. Yes...mild taste, not that sweet, just changes color...but if your kid finds that fun, these are awesome. Daughter started using them at about 2 yrs.

Interesting - my son tried these before chocolate milk and he prefers the straws as well. He loves these straws. He gets very minimal sweet drinks, so maybe that is why. But he absolutely loves sweet snacks, which he gets daily at Grandma's house. I guess it really is a personal taste.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Geethatsgr8 wrote:We currently have the chocolate milk straws. My 4 yr old likes them...in the beginning. She has yet to finish a cup of milk with one unless I add a bit of Nestle quick to the cup towards the end. I guess the beads ultimately start melting, but it's not enough flavor to make the milk taste good. If you've ever had chocolate milk where someone didn't add enough chocolate you'll know what I mean. (And yes, eventually you get tiny pieces of partially melted beads in your mouth unless you drink it all up really fast)

She does enjoy drinking strawberry milk with a chocolate straw though. My 6 yr old son has nothing to do with them.

One thing I noticed in the listing... there is a cotton candy flavor listed but it isn't included in the sets. Is this correct?

Do you mean it's not in the photograph? Not all the sets were available for photography. You will get what's listed in the specs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mallowmanb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mallowmanb

They're 50 cents a six pack at my local Walmart. I bought one chocolate and one strawberry for the kids to try out thinking they'd be handy for some summer road and camping trips.
They liked the strawberry ones but neither of them finished a chocolate one. The boy will eat/drink anything. He enjoys drinking Moxie with me and eats pickled jalepenos any time I get them out.
I figured if he didn't like them I should at least try the chocolate ones; tldr, they're disgusting. They have a vaguely chocolate malt taste but mostly have an odd taste to them I can't place. It's a weird chemical flavor.

kbsig106

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kbsig106
vanpattenv wrote:These are at Walmart for 2/.99 cents. each pack has 6. I got them for my grandkids. They didn't like them at all. I tried them thinking at least the chocolate should be good. Boy was I wrong! At the end, you get chunks of 'stuff'. At the beginning is milk with a brown color to it. The strawberry was the same. Stick to the hershey's syrups or nesley's quik.

If I do the math and storm my local Walmart, this offer is not as good when you factor in shipping. Or am I missing something here, haven't had my coffee yet.

pssnyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pssnyder
kbsig106 wrote:If I do the math and storm my local Walmart, this offer is not as good when you factor in shipping. Or am I missing something here, haven't had my coffee yet.

The Wal-Mart price equates to approximately $0.08/straw which if you bought 96 straws would equal about $7.68...and that does not include shipping. Therefore, assuming the Wal-Mart prices mentioned above are correct, this is a horrible deal!

sarahlovy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlovy

We have tried these, and my husband and I like them along with our 3 year old. I like lightly sweetened milk, so the work for us. They are 1.97 for 6 from my walmart, so this is a good deal for us

joepops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joepops

I have 2 kids, ages 3 and 4. They did not like these. The product made a mess and IMO tasted bad. Thought these might be a novelty, turns out it was a waste. Just in case you wanted to know...These are like flavor filter straws. They don't mix in the milk. You drink the milk with the straw and the flavor is obtained by the milk passing over the flavored spheres within the straw.

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo

My kids love these but they do not put them in milk. they just eat the beads.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind

It's too bad these apparently aren't any good, because I like the idea and the cow face is adorable. The world needs more goofy novelty foods (I miss ye, Orbitz soda)

Apdiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apdiller
Starblind wrote:It's too bad these apparently aren't any good, because I like the idea and the cow face is adorable. The world needs more goofy novelty foods (I miss ye, Orbitz soda)

Our 7-year old son has liked these for several years now. No, they don't taste the same as "real" flavored milk...but they only add 17 calories and gives him a "treat" rather than plain milk or flavored milk with lots of added sugar/calories.

imtherealelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imtherealelly

I can't find the ingredient list

lanni260

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanni260

ive had two packs of these, one chocolate and one strawberry for two years now. my kids wont touch em. they are nasty.

jodiwickman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodiwickman

Does anyone know if these expire?

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn

My 4-year-old granddaughter thinks they're great. We recently ran out so we're happy to see these giant packs again.

Starblind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Starblind
jodiwickman wrote:Does anyone know if these expire?

It says they expire about a year from now, 5/31/14 for Wild Berry, 6/30/14 for the rest.

maitesama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maitesama

Had the misfortune of trying one of these once. Yuck, never again. My 8 year old hated them too.

ebrake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ebrake

Those things are made in Hungry in a factory that looks like it was built in the 1800's. I would really question the quality of the product knowing the location that they chose to produce it.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ebrake wrote:Those things are made in Hungry in a factory that looks like it was built in the 1800's. I would really question the quality of the product knowing the location that they chose to produce it.

pretty sure all delicious things come from "hungry."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.