quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

lichme

quality posts: 2864 Private Messages lichme

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

sethrachelson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sethrachelson

I've seen little girls bottle-feed their baby dolls, but breast-feed them? Uh oh.
(Yes, after opening the little picture of the KidWoot, I saw this is for Moms, not tots.)

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

Now we have an idea whose time has come! The next new Woot! category, after Accessories & Watches, will be Nursing Covers. We will have a Nursing Cover Derby each week to choose our offerings. Extra credit to designs with camouflage so that no one can mistake nursing for a natural experience.

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

The fabrics for these nursing covers are really tasteful and pretty! Bargello patterns are very popular right now!

shebear17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shebear17

I'm having a hard time with the idea that nursing under a giant flower print tarp is going to attract less attention somehow than my current method of bottom layer tank top down, top layer tee up, which exposes approximately nothing once you factor in the baby head covering all relevant bits. Also with the idea that somehow my kid is going to stand for being nursed under said giant flower print tarp, especially during a sweltering Houston summer. Guess this just isn't for us.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

a neon sign would draw less attention.

I always did like yardsales.

Costar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Costar
shebear17 wrote:I'm having a hard time with the idea that nursing under a giant flower print tarp is going to attract less attention somehow than my current method of bottom layer tank top down, top layer tee up, which exposes approximately nothing once you factor in the baby head covering all relevant bits. Also with the idea that somehow my kid is going to stand for being nursed under said giant flower print tarp, especially during a sweltering Houston summer. Guess this just isn't for us.

I thought the same thing at first, having lived without one for my first two kids. But someone gave me one when I had my third boy last year, I obligingly tried it, and wow. This thing is useful. It's more like an apron or like a baby blanket with a strap than a "tarp." It really doesn't attract attention, and even if it does, it still offers great privacy. Best of all when the baby gets into that grabby stage where it's like they want you to put on a show for the world by rearranging your clothing, this thing stays in place. It's fabulous. I can't believe I didn't have one for my first two. It made everything so much easier. If you're on the fence, but a dedicated nurser, definitely get one! I'm happy with the one I have but tempted to get these just because they're a good deal.

ScarlettOpal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScarlettOpal
shebear17 wrote:I'm having a hard time with the idea that nursing under a giant flower print tarp is going to attract less attention somehow than my current method of bottom layer tank top down, top layer tee up, which exposes approximately nothing once you factor in the baby head covering all relevant bits. Also with the idea that somehow my kid is going to stand for being nursed under said giant flower print tarp, especially during a sweltering Houston summer. Guess this just isn't for us.

I agree. I had a nursing cover, and I found that layering a loose shirt over a nursing tank was the quickest and easiest way for me to nurse, without flashing the girls for the world to see. The nursing cover was just big and awkward on me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

They didn't have these (that I know of) when I was nursing my now 23 year old son many years ago. He was easily distracted and there's nothing like having a kid latched on and quickly turning his head. I'm thinking this might have helped there.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
ThunderThighs wrote:They didn't have these (that I know of) when I was nursing my now 23 year old son many years ago. He was easily distracted and there's nothing like having a kid latched on and quickly turning his head. I'm thinking this might have helped there.

Been there - done that....

For those of you thinking that your child won't put of with this - I recommend using sometimes at home too. That way it's not a novel thing that's used only when you are out and about. Then they won't be as tempted to play with it the whole time.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

That's what I thought, too. I nursed my kids for years, and never saw nor felt the need for one of these. For those moms who do like it, I'm glad they're available. I'd like to see moms breastfeeding in public, period - whether using a cover or not.

thejavagoddess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thejavagoddess

I know I'm politically backwards here, and I DO understand that women need to nurse at odd times and places, but I think these should be required for every woman in public. Until the day when women can show their tah-tahs legally and without anyone leering, I vote for covering up during nursing. I was on a plane one time, and a little boy was running up and down the aisle. The Mom lifted up her shirt, SHOOK it, and he came running to her. I'm just not evolved enough to be ok with that.

My name is actually Shannon. Someone beat me to the username race so I'm using an alias. Duh.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

My kids (29 and 26) didn't tolerate having their heads covered. Don't know if this would have worked.

Might have been helpful in the boob love phase. When they would try to pull the tee shirt all the way up, so they could admire the entire food source.

Both of my kids did that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

azileretsis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azileretsis

i don't know if these are the same as the Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover and just might be a knock off.

i've heard that these nursing covers do not have breathable fabric for summer babies. it might be easier to go with clips and the blankets you collect.

conanthelibrarian wrote:TONS of great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

GennX

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GennX

Used a BebeAu Lait brand nursing cover (also marketed as a Hooter Hider) and loved it! The plastic boning (I think that's the proper dressmaking term) at the top sort of curves the cover away from you so the fabric isn't really covering the baby's head. It allows you to look down if you need to see to get your little one latched on properly.

Yes, it may make it obvious that you are nursing but it worked better for me than nursing tops or nursing tank tops under my clothes. I didn't find the cotton too hot and I live in the sweltering South. The way the top stays away from your body allows for a little airflow and when you have 10 lbs of warm baby against you, it gets hot when they're nursing no matter what! I paid $20 for one with mine so this is a good deal for two.

Also I used it indoors a lot when around the in-laws or other people who didn't really need to see my bosom in its nursing glory ;) For those comfortable enough to just whip it out, more power to you! This helped me nurse comfortably in public.

Costar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Costar
dontwantaname wrote:My kids (29 and 26) didn't tolerate having their heads covered. Don't know if this would have worked.

Might have been helpful in the boob love phase. When they would try to pull the tee shirt all the way up, so they could admire the entire food source.

Both of my kids did that.

YES! LOL! That's what it is. Although it feels like the "Look world! Check out my mom as I rearrange her clothing for you!" phase. The cover totally helps with that in a way something like a blanket will not, thanks to the handy strap, and the fact that you can make eye contact so their heads don't feel as covered. My baby is in this "let's undress mom" phase and reading other people who don't understand the need for this - well, maybe they are less shy than me or their babies just don't do this. I have a suspicion it's a boy thing, but I only have boys so no way to compare.

npqed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npqed

Are these the same as the ones online? The measurements on amazon and bebe au lait site are

26x36

While these say

33 x 24...

Why are these smaller?

muppetsr4me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muppetsr4me

I was a pump only, due to latch difficulty. This would have been awesome for pumping. Because those pumps are clear and don't hide anything.

marziah

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marziah
thejavagoddess wrote:I know I'm politically backwards here, and I DO understand that women need to nurse at odd times and places, but I think these should be required for every woman in public. Until the day when women can show their tah-tahs legally and without anyone leering, I vote for covering up during nursing. I was on a plane one time, and a little boy was running up and down the aisle. The Mom lifted up her shirt, SHOOK it, and he came running to her. I'm just not evolved enough to be ok with that.

I promise you that shaking of the shirt and out of control kids running up and down the airplane aisles are not typical public breastfeeding techniques. Most of the time you don't notice anything at all. That's the point.

I personally don't recommend apron tent things like this for women who want an extra cover - because they're unitaskers. A blanket or sling doubles as a blanket or sling while you're not using it to cover up. New moms have enough useless junk to tote around with them as it is.

HeadacheSlayer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HeadacheSlayer

If you don't like it, don't look. Or put one of these over your head.

FUGHLY.

They're BREASTS for god's sake and every woman has the legal right to nurse wherever she wants.

Or lets' give these to the hairy guys that are allowed to be out topless.

#WootFail

ThunderThighs

Staff

HeadacheSlayer wrote:If you don't like it, don't look. Or put one of these over your head.

FUGHLY.

They're BREASTS for god's sake and every woman has the legal right to nurse wherever she wants.

Or lets' give these to the hairy guys that are allowed to be out topless.

#WootFail

Maybe not all women want to expose their breasts or baby. It's personal preference, not a fail. As I mentioned above, I would have liked it to keep my son from being distracted.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

npqed wrote:Are these the same as the ones online? The measurements on amazon and bebe au lait site are

26x36

While these say

33 x 24...

Why are these smaller?

Make sure you're looking at the same model. We're selling the "COVER IN STYLE" by Bebe Au Lait. Bebe Au Lait has various models of covers. We verified our measurements from the sample we received.

FORUM MODERATOR

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
ThunderThighs wrote:Make sure you're looking at the same model. We're selling the "COVER IN STYLE" by Bebe Au Lait. Bebe Au Lait has various models of covers. We verified our measurements from the sample we received.

Ladies,

There is nothing wrong with nursing. Do not let the repressed American society tell you that breast feeding is anything less than a beautiful experience shared between a mother and her child. Do not listen to the men that would have you hide in closets or in the sewers so they don't have to caste their gaze upon you providing life to your child. Be proud of being a mother. Of being able to breast feed. Ride up and overthrow the male-centric idealogy that there is something wrong with breast feeding.

You are a mother, be proud.

adminscottj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adminscottj

I agree

thejavagoddess wrote:I know I'm politically backwards here, and I DO understand that women need to nurse at odd times and places, but I think these should be required for every woman in public. Until the day when women can show their tah-tahs legally and without anyone leering, I vote for covering up during nursing. I was on a plane one time, and a little boy was running up and down the aisle. The Mom lifted up her shirt, SHOOK it, and he came running to her. I'm just not evolved enough to be ok with that.

-Joe

adminscottj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adminscottj

In response I have to say a breast is a breast. Repressed is pretty harsh. I guess though that means I can say that I think it is nudity and should be treated as such. If it is in public that is public nudity.

Do not let the extremists on the left try to paint you as whatever horrible phrase they choose this week for standing up for what you believe.

mattryan wrote:Ladies,

There is nothing wrong with nursing. Do not let the repressed American society tell you that breast feeding is anything less than a beautiful experience shared between a mother and her child. Do not listen to the men that would have you hide in closets or in the sewers so they don't have to caste their gaze upon you providing life to your child. Be proud of being a mother. Of being able to breast feed. Ride up and overthrow the male-centric idealogy that there is something wrong with breast feeding.

You are a mother, be proud.

-Joe