WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tegu Magnetic Blocks

When we got these blocks, we felt a very special attraction to them. It was like they were connected to us. Actually, they were literally stuck to us, which means there's something magnetic inside us, which doesn't sound right. We should probably get that checked out. Yeah, we're gonna do that. Meanwhile, why don't you buy some Tegu blocks!
Tegu official site

Quality Posts

choralmusic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages choralmusic

I'm pretty disappointed here. I was ready to buy a set, but I wisely checked Amazon before buying. Woot is offering these blocks only two dollars cheaper than Amazon. I have Prime, so with shipping it's actually cheaper and quicker to buy there.

EDIT: To be fair, the larger sets seem to be a good deal, but no so much the smaller ones.

droidle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages droidle
choralmusic wrote:I'm pretty disappointed here. I was ready to buy a set, but I wisely checked Amazon before buying. Woot is offering these blocks only two dollars cheaper than Amazon. I have Prime, so with shipping it's actually cheaper and quicker to buy there.

EDIT: To be fair, the larger sets seem to be a good deal, but no so much the smaller ones.

Yeah, I own the pocket pouch (received it as a gift), and I'm shocked to see how expensive it is (even Woot's discounted price). That, and there's not all that much you can do with one of these sets.

IMO, you're not getting very much for $22 plus shipping.

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

My 2.5yo Niece has the Discovery Set - Mahogany. She absolutely LOVES these blocks. She can play with them for a full how without losing interest. Yes they are expensive but they are great quality and kids love them.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

Bucky cubes for kids.....

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Non-"socially responsible" company:

Blocks cost $2 to make, sell for $10.

"Socially responsible" company:

Blocks cost $4 to make, sell for $30.

streetcw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetcw

we got magnatiles similar product @ learning express. had a $10 off coupon. well worth my 40$. this is a tiny tiny. set for 22$ goodness.

WOOT before Work

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose
streetcw wrote:we got magnatiles similar product @ learning express. had a $10 off coupon. well worth my 40$. this is a tiny tiny. set for 22$ goodness.

Agreed. Magnatiles are pricey, too, but have a whole lot more play value than this set.

My3miracles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages My3miracles

Are they worth it for travel? Looking for something for the car. 5 kids in a minivan get bored easily.