Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

Item: Slushy Magic Deluxe w/ LED Lights 2-Pack
Price: $11.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/2/2013 - $14.99 - 18 comment(s)

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

I make trips almost every day (and just did about 40 minutes ago) to the gas station to get slushy drinks. Do these work well with alcoholic drinks? I think the LED lights might come in handy at night outside, when I can't remember where I put my cup.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn
lichme wrote:I make trips almost every day (and just did about 40 minutes ago) to the gas station to get slushy drinks. Do these work well with alcoholic drinks? I think the LED lights might come in handy at night outside, when I can't remember where I put my cup.

I think that maybe your cup runneth over.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

Never tried them with alcohol, but they make fantastic iced coffee slushies. The ice cubes are a bit of a pain you can just take them out and lick them off, then put them in a bowl. My daughter loves putting in chocolate milk, or lemonade, both work out great. For those that say they can't get them to work my response is...huh? Freeze cubes, put cubes in cup, fill cup to line with desired liquid refreshment, put on lid, cover hold with your finger (hole there for when you use soda pop) and shake like hell for 3 minutes or so. Done.

aesops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aesops

You literally have to shake this thing with the ferocity of a thousand angry Gods to come close to anything nearing "slush".

peachesndreams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachesndreams
aesops wrote:You literally have to shake this thing with the ferocity of a thousand angry Gods to come close to anything nearing "slush".

YEP! Totally agree. We got these last year at the fair and sure they will make it kind of slushy but like choppy ice slushy not this smooth Slush Puppy consistency they make it appear to be. It'll be one of those things the kids love for like a month in the summer but for $12 I say why not? The slush does stick to the ice cubes and you can shake or suck them. LOL!! The cubes melt really fast though so you're good for 1 drink per freezing. Be sure if you use soda you take your finger off the hole every other shake to allow the carbonation to escape.

WhoKnowsWho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhoKnowsWho

I was excited when I saw this deal. But now after reading some actual reviews, I'll have to sulk away from this likely money waster.

lisareed05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisareed05
WhoKnowsWho wrote:I was excited when I saw this deal. But now after reading some actual reviews, I'll have to sulk away from this likely money waster.

These things are awful! The "ice cubes" that have to be in the cup take up half the space inside so the so-called actual slush is about 4 oz. And they melt so you can only use them once before you have to refreeze them. Not good when you have multiple children waiting for a slush! I think they had to add the lights as a ploy to get people to buy these things. NOT worth buying!

jeric2k5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeric2k5

Well the reviews here reflect the horrible reviews on Amazon, so that is more than enough to have me steer clear from this. On Amazon, someone did mention that a product called Slush Mug. Amazon has them 2 for $20 with 4+ average review AND on ebay you can find them for 2 for $15.

http://www.amazon.com/SLUSH-MUGS-Frozen-Beverage-Slushie/dp/B003ANJRSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370615499&sr=8-1&keywords=the+original+slush+mug

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

Anyone have an opinion on these vs. the Aussie Ice slushy makers also seen on Woot? I have 4 of those and a 5 person family, so maybe worth picking up a set of these if they're comparable/better.

tcerami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcerami

My wife and I bought a similar product and we no longer own it. The problem was that it only got slushy toward the top 1/4 of the drink. The rest remained liquid. Looks like a great idea, but didn't work as we hoped it would.

tractorpuller13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tractorpuller13

5 Below has these for $5.
http://www.fivebelow.com/slushy-magic.html

mrh3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrh3

These are good for a complete kitchen fiasco. Anxious children prying off lids... peering into unfrozen liquid..ticked off mom yelling get your hand out of the cup. Repeat.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hello, eagle-eyed wooters.
keep in mind as you look at comparable products that there are other factors to consider. the other brands/styles hold fewer ounces, fewer cubes (which are important in the freeze process), and they don't feature LED lights.

just make sure you're accounting for that sort of thing as you go forth & comparison shop!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Cindy Kelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cindy Kelly

My 8yo begged for these and I gave in at xmas. (minus the LED lights) These suck. Ours never seem to freeze. And our kids don't seem to want to shake them and mostly hand the things to us. Oh -- and one 'cube' appears to be filled with dirty/cloudy water with floaters. >shudder<. I hate the things.
That said, the kids like the cold frothy chocolate milk we get out of them. We have used them often enough that I can't really complain about how cheap and annoying they are. Except to say that my kids have rotten taste.

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

Craptastic!
You'd better have some good upper body strength if you want anything more than a cold drink. Just go ahead and spend $200 on a Margaritaville dispenser and you are good to go.