Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Item: Educational Insights GeoSafari Tuff Cam
Price: $39.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/22/2013 - $39.99 (Woot-off) - 3 comment(s)
5/1/2013 - $44.99 - 10 comment(s)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3290 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

educationalinsights.com says "thats good stuff"

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

For something that looks like a toy lazer gun, this thing works pretty good. I didn't think it would until I watched the test footage.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Hey Woot...Who's doin' the video sound track?

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Can i replace the included videocard with a different one? Perhaps even one of a bit higher capacity? I'm actually principally concerned that something could come planted on the inclded card which could infect my computer. (non-techie here)

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect
smartheart wrote:Can i replace the included videocard with a different one? Perhaps even one of a bit higher capacity? I'm actually principally concerned that something could come planted on the inclded card which could infect my computer. (non-techie here)

If you're concerned about viruses on an included card straight from the manufacturer, you may want to shut off the computer... Internets offer MUCH more hazards.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Don't take this to school, as a zero-tolerance to guns policy may get your kid expelled.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb
smartheart wrote:Can i replace the included videocard with a different one? Perhaps even one of a bit higher capacity? I'm actually principally concerned that something could come planted on the inclded card which could infect my computer. (non-techie here)

Manual says it supports "up to 2GB", so I would say that's the limit. I was in for at least one until I saw that. Not nearly enough record time in 2GB for what I had in mind. Guess that's why it's so cheap.

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

bigelowb wrote:Manual says it supports "up to 2GB", so I would say that's the limit. I was in for at least one until I saw that. Not nearly enough record time in 2GB for what I had in mind. Guess that's why it's so cheap.

I just tested our sample with an 8GB class 4 SD card and it worked perfectly. I am also trying to track down a 16/32/64 SD card to see where the cutoff is.

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele
radi0j0hn wrote:Don't take this to school, as a zero-tolerance to guns policy may get your kid expelled.

1 up

Marichele

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
brutherford wrote:I just tested our sample with an 8GB class 4 SD card and it worked perfectly. I am also trying to track down a 16/32/64 SD card to see where the cutoff is.

Any futher word on how the even higher level cards worked? The midnight witching hour approacheth.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

erb2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erb2000

Little Johnny brought his brand new GeoSafari Tuff Cam to school thinking it would be perfect for class projects and field trips. He was safely and easily shooting video footage using this durable, kid-tested camera. More precisely, he was shooting VGA quality video at 20 fps when the police arrested him. They put him in handcuffs and took him to jail, where they questioned him for two hours before calling his parents. The school has a zero tolerance for guns. Just the other day, little Bobby was suspended for making a gun with his thumb and forefinger.

Later, when his parents connected the Tuff Cam directly to their TV with the included TV-out cable, they saw the entire arrest and interrogation. They posted it to YouTube and it went viral.

It was this GeoSafari Tuff Cam that caused America to wake up and see the insidious problems inherent with the concept of zero tolerance.

Thankfully, the included 32 MBs of internal storage, and the 2 GB SD Card where enough memory to capture the entire incident.