conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid comments (3.9 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

lichme

quality posts: 3000 Private Messages lichme

Some Reviews with some happy customers.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

Finally, I can put little Jimmy to work in the backyard!

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen

my son has one of these... Now whenever people come over, he's always telling them "BACK!.... Hoe!"

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

For once, I really want to know how many of these Woot has to sell. Anyone know any website/way to find out?

mtaviator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mtaviator

My son has one of these. He got it when he was two. He's now six and still loves it. Just got done modifying the seat so it would be higher and further back cuz he's too big for it now.

He LOVES IT. we ended up also buying the dumping trailer cart, the winch, and the snow plow.

Complaints:

-the turning radius sucks

-the gearing is too high

Summary: Best money we ever spent on toys when you consider how many hours it has held his attention.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

haydesigner wrote:For once, I really want to know how many of these Woot has to sell. Anyone know any website/way to find out?

i think it's, like, 12? maybe 400. i can't remember.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

corriemen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages corriemen

My son also has one. He is now six (although a little smaller than average) and still fits fine. My almost 4 year old easily pedals it too.

I don't think the digging part works all that well, maybe if you had a large sand pile it would be fine. My kids don't seem to mind.

This is a good price. Northern Tool had these a few years ago on BF. I doubt you will beat this price right now, but I am too tired to look.

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek

My youngest will dig this.

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot
spiek wrote:My youngest will dig this.

:-)! Man! I suddenly wish I were 45 years younger! (Then I wouldn't have to go to work, either!)

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

We got a similar model for my son's 3rd birthday. Still made by Kettler, just doesn't have the backhoe, the one he has has a trailer instead. With that said, its a very well made product... the German engineering doesn't let down. Everything is solid and sturdy. Will certainly last years.

With that said, I would prefer that the gearing was a little lower. My 4 year old isn't strong enough to pedal it in grass. Works great on pavement. Also, plan on setting aside extra time for assembly. The instructions are mostly just pictures, any text is written in German. I had to do a lot of checking and double checking to make sure I was doing things right.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1

Who named this thing? A backhoe is a combination of two machines. A pay loader and an excavator. Loading bucket on one side, excavating bucket on the other. So there ain't no such thing as a backhoe-loader. It's just a backhoe.

But it is cool!

Wudooeyeno?

CCericola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CCericola

Now I can finally start the all child-staffed construction company!

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

Why didn't they have cool stuff like this when I was 6? I have a girl, think I can pass it off as an interest for her? I could paint it pink.

mdickinson

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdickinson
garyoa1 wrote:Who named this thing? A backhoe is a combination of two machines. A pay loader and an excavator. Loading bucket on one side, excavating bucket on the other. So there ain't no such thing as a backhoe-loader. It's just a backhoe.

Around these parts, a "backhoe" is a machine with just the excavating (backward facing) bucket on the double jointed arm. A "front loader" is a machine with just the loading bucket. A machine that combines both if these functions, one on each end, is referred to as a "backhoe loader." So to me, the name seems correct.

anthonyhiga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anthonyhiga

For those buying it, be aware that you have to physically build it from scratch. From ever screws to nuts. You also need a hammer to hammer down some parts. Do not make mistake as it's not meant to be removed and re-hammer. Item is shipped in a very large box, but has absolute no packaging material at all. Our seat broke but the company sent us a new one right away. Great service. This machine is HUGE. The back part can be removed so you only use the front loader. Two kids can play at the same time. My son is 3 and he is not tall enough to operate the front loader's handle nor pedal. I have never tested it on sand yet. I'm sure it will be a hit later on when he is old enough to use it.

jackh67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackh67

Wow this is awesome

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz

I'm 23 years old and I want one of these...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kusmertz wrote:I'm 23 years old and I want one of these...

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

Damn, this is beyond my wildest child-dreams. I wanted the Tonka dump truck and cement mixer things when I was a kid. Now this? Amazing!

Of course, no one would ever think of getting these for a female.

woodister

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woodister

I really want to get this for my 3 year old niece. Oh so very tempting, but there is something in the back of my head telling me that it wouldn't be a good idea. Plus my dad would be jealous. The sad part is that her dad won't.