4%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Voltaire22022

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Voltaire22022

We bought a few of these sets a couple of months ago. They're a little flimsy but if you have an older-ish child, that shouldn't be much of a problem. You can't just jam these together. It takes a little finesse. If you break/bend one though, you've got a lot of replacements.

Each set is big enough to make a little igloo/castle/blob big enough for 2-ish small children. We bought one for each of the nieces/nephews so that when they get together, they can make a mega fort.

This + ingenuity + a sheet = hours of fun.

dagast2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dagast2

Almost tricked me woot. Quick stop by amazon shows that poles dont stay in connectors and fall apart easily.

Was very excited at first though, would be very cool if it wasnt junk.

SperkMik

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SperkMik

One review at Amazon, where it's priced at $49. Briefly: you need more than one, and kids the right size can't really build the forts by themselves.
http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Kids-77-piece-Build-Construction/dp/B00AC2ZZT2

Oops! Another seller at Amazon has it for $32, and 31 reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Kids-Fort/dp/B009RUYPQ4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1

Best Buy has it for $25:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Discovery-Kids---Build-and-Play-77-Piece-Construction-Fort-Set/6304605.p?id=1218727569428&skuId=6304605

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

I have one of these and my kids love it. They are 8 and 10. It does take some adult help to get the poles in, and a little practice for the kids to figure out how to make stable structures. I wish I had money to buy these, because I paid $30 for mine at barnes and noble.

Rampling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rampling

"Nonadecahedron" connectors?!! That would be a 19-faced polyhedron! As a connoisseur of regular and semi-regular polyhedra, I feel compelled to offer my nerdly correction here to this alleged "cool fact" listed amongst the other specs.

The true "cool fact" is that each of these connectors is a Small Rhombicuboctahedron, which is a 24-faced Archimedean solid (a semi-regular polyhedron) consisting of 18 square faces and 8 triangular faces. Apparently for the toy connectors in question, only the square faces have holes for the rods, making 18 holes in total.

judygreunke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages judygreunke

You should show the finished "castle" with a child in the picture. It appears to be bigger than it actually is. Each square is only 15" x 15". Rather small for a "door". Will be passing this up.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

judygreunke wrote:You should show the finished "castle" with a child in the picture. It appears to be bigger than it actually is. Each square is only 15" x 15". Rather small for a "door". Will be passing this up.

There's a photo of the box on the sales page that shows a child in it.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mattdyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattdyer

I wonder how big a fort you could build with 3 sets.

patty30068

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patty30068

I had been thinking of something exactly like this as plant supports. There are no good ones on the market, i.e. easily configurable to the height and width of the plant. So, whoever manufactures these, please think about making these with gardeners in mind. All you would have to do is vary the lengths of the poles. And make them green.

I am buying a set just for the round doohickies - I can buy dowels for the different lengths.

Cavdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cavdaddy

How many two and three dimensional shapes could you make with these?