Item: Dr. Seuss 3-Pack Floor Puzzles
Price: $16.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Christmas present for great nephew bought. He'll be old enough by then.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hmk2025

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hmk2025

Does anyone know the age recommendation for this?

Double0doug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Double0doug

So I'm sitting here all ready to pull the trigger, but after reading a coupe of reviews over on Amazon... not so much. The linked review plus other reviews of similar products indicate the puzzles may not be well designed. Incorrect pieces fitting together, correct pieces not staying connected... that kind of thing.

brentphx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brentphx
hmk2025 wrote:Does anyone know the age recommendation for this?

My 2 1/2 year old plows through the 48 piece puzzles in a few minutes... I don't want to get him 100 piece puzzles yet though, the pieces are way too small and he'd lose some. FWIW- Most of the 48 piece boxes we have say 5+

Nnyuu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nnyuu
hmk2025 wrote:Does anyone know the age recommendation for this?

It says recommended ages 3+ years under the features so... I'd say the age recommendation is 3+ years. ^_^

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

I've now got 6 of these Dr. Seuss 48 piece puzzles. My 3 year old loves them. A couple of things to note that should answer some of the questions above.

1. The pieces are only cut in a couple different shapes meaning that the puzzles pieces are basically interchangeable and can be put together in almost any pattern. This did make it confusing for my son as he would put two pieces together, and they would fit... but the image didn't look right. In a previous woot, this was mentioned in the posts. A person who claimed to be the rep that sold these puzzles to woot chimed in to say that this issue had been fixed by the manufacturer. I have gotten 3 more puzzles since that was claimed, all 3 had the same issue.

2. The quality of construction is pretty decent. The pieces edges are holding up really well... my puzzles get a lot of use. However, the pieces are fairly thin and over time have began to warp a little. This makes them not sit flat on the floor/table so if you bump the puzzle the pieces tend to come apart.

3. The puzzles comes in a nice box with a carrying handle... they store really well.

4. I wouldn't suggest paying the $13.33 list price per puzzle... but at $5 I think its worth it... I now have 3 more on the way.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

ThunderThighs

Staff

@boomn4x4: Great post. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions and give a full review.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. We have some information on the puzzle shapes from the company that makes these puzzles.

The puzzles are made for young children so while the pieces may fit together in a pattern other than what the image shows, the reasoning is young children tend to force things when trying to assemble a puzzle.  This design feature ensures the puzzle is not damaged by the child and that it can ultimately be put together correctly.  It encourages the child to get it right and reinforces image recognition.

I agree thet the idea that puzzles should be more than just the shapes fitting. I worked with my son early on to look at the colors and images of the puzzle.