WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have a swing set in your back yard?
  • 17.6% - Yes 149
  • 64% - No 542
  • 17.8% - I don’t have a back yard 151
  • 0.6% - I’ll tell you about all the things in my backyard in the comments 5
847 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Sorta... It was a swingset at one time, now it is used as a jungle gym.

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

We have some big, plastic playhouse. We're thinking of getting one of those wooden swing sets with the little playhouse built-in though.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Had one, car ran it over, drunk,made a left turn, there are no left turns on my road, but he found one....

FrostByte

quality posts: 17 Private Messages FrostByte

I built a swingset (cheap kit from Toys R Us) at our old house, so when one of the possible new houses had a park across the street, I really pushed for that one knowing I wouldn't need one in my backyard again.

mndvs737

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mndvs737

We do have a swingset - it's just not in the backyard "YET" - it's still in boxes in the garage waiting on assembly.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Have one with a jungle jym kind of attachment. Kids love it... who needs a park.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Had one till the kids outgrew it. Large item pickup gave me the stankeye *that* month.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

If an old tire swing tied to an old tree counts...

cwilldesign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwilldesign

I wish we did! We are in an apartment but when we move that is one of the first things I'd like to get!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Our neighbor did and it was nothing but trouble. Kids from all over the neighborhood would be on the thing all hours of the day or night. They would throw rocks, break yard ornaments, run through plantings, rip branches off trees, and harass wildlife. When I complained to the neighbor, he admitted that his son didn't even know the other kids or where they lived, but they were afraid of being labeled the neighborhood grouch (or targeted for vandalism) if they ran them off. I tried complaining to the authorities, but our city is very child-indulgent, and we would get the "kids will be kids" shrug off.

One of my happiest days as a home owner was when they carted that thing off to the dump.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
RWoodward wrote: They would throw rocks, break yard ornaments, run through plantings, rip branches off trees, and harass wildlife.

It doesn't sound like the swing set was the problem.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

Used to, but my daughter outgrew it years ago. Now it's laying dismantled in my basement and just waiting for me to get the gumption to take it to the scrap yard. It's one of those cheap metal ones and I got it for free anyways.