0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

caseyjmorton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caseyjmorton

Stay away from Levana. I bought one of their products (a different video monitor) about a year ago and it quit within a couple months. Their warranty policy is terrible. They want you to pay for another unit until they determine that it is indeed defective, and if not then you are out the price of both. Their CSRs were less than helpful and after all was said and done, when i finally got a replacement unit out of them, it also quit working about a month later. Needless to say, we cut our losses and bought a different monitor. That is not to say that this particular monitor is bad. I have no experience with it, but if it fails under warranty, you may as well buy another brand and save yourself the aggravation.

ldrewparsons

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ldrewparsons

I bought the monitor a few days ago when it was the daily deal. My wife and I have since used it every day and love it! The setup is a breeze.

My only reservation is that the field of view of the camera is a little small. It is perfect for viewing an area slightly larger than a crib. The field of view doesn't cover a normal size room (13x15)'ish.

I just bought a second add-on camera for the other baby's room (2 year old and 7 month old). I would definitely recommend spending ~$100-150 on this setup instead of a standard audio-only monitor.

ksenial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksenial

I don't understand what the big woot is... It is $89 on Amazon for the same model plus FREE shipping. Not that great of a deal in the end.

http://www.amazon.com/Levana-Digital-Wireless-Monitor-Recording/dp/B009YGGGFE/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369159799&sr=8-2&keywords=Levana+ERA+Elite+Digital+Video+Baby+Monitor

ldrewparsons

The model offered by Woot is not the same offered by Amazon, regardless of what model number is listed.

Reference the previous sale: http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5437388 . A Levana customer service rep commented on the previous sale.

as20059

quality posts: 1 Private Messages as20059

We bought this a week or so ago. Have to say we love it. We've noticed a few flaws... The screen blacks out for a second. Not that big of a deal. The battery life on the monitor isn't all that great. Took our 3 year old outside, had the monitor on with video up, and after an hour it was beeping at me. Not sure how long it will last without video yet since we only use it when we go to bed at night, or outside while little one is sleeping. The 3 lullabies are a nice feature. Nightlight as well; changes colors, and isn't to bright, nor to dark. The intercom on it is nice if baby is panicking thinking the world is about to end if you're not there to nurse him back to sleep. The temperature seems to be accurate. 1-10 we'd give it an 8.

ldrewparsons

as20059 wrote:We bought this a week or so ago. Have to say we love it. We've noticed a few flaws... The screen blacks out for a second. Not that big of a deal. The battery life on the monitor isn't all that great. Took our 3 year old outside, had the monitor on with video up, and after an hour it was beeping at me. Not sure how long it will last without video yet since we only use it when we go to bed at night, or outside while little one is sleeping. The 3 lullabies are a nice feature. Nightlight as well; changes colors, and isn't to bright, nor to dark. The intercom on it is nice if baby is panicking thinking the world is about to end if you're not there to nurse him back to sleep. The temperature seems to be accurate. 1-10 we'd give it an 8.

You can adjust the screen option to not blackout at 15 seconds. The three options to save battery are 15 seconds, 1 minute, or never. While it is plugged into the outlet, I set the option to "never".
From what I have found, the battery life for video monitors in this price range are about the same, 5 hours maximum (using the 15 seconds feature and not checking it every 30 seconds).

mylucidity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylucidity
ksenial wrote:I don't understand what the big woot is... It is $89 on Amazon for the same model plus FREE shipping. Not that great of a deal in the end.

http://www.amazon.com/Levana-Digital-Wireless-Monitor-Recording/dp/B009YGGGFE/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369159799&sr=8-2&keywords=Levana+ERA+Elite+Digital+Video+Baby+Monitor

This is what I came to say. I always check amazon and if I bought this I'd actually pay MORE because I have prime. I am disappoint.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
ldrewparsons wrote:The model offered by Woot is not the same offered by Amazon, regardless of what model number is listed.

Reference the previous sale: http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5437388 . A Levana customer service rep commented on the previous sale.

Uh, yes it is "Levana ERA Elite 2.4" Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Zoom and Video Recording - 32103" and it has the SD card as well as zoom - the differences the rep was referencing. It's a better deal on Amazon.

clairewaiwai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clairewaiwai

Tried to order this monitor. Credit charged but no purchase order record in my account. Emailed CS but no response yet. Please get back to me!