lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Ok reviews at Amazon (3 star)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's all go check this out in action

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

Several years ago i dissected a cheap RC car to make a remote shutter release for my camera. This allowed me to take pictures, mostly self-portraits at tourist attractions, at a greater distance than I could have with just the self-timer or an RC remote.

Unfortunately, my current camera uses a different, custom connector, and I have not yet modified the release.

extremusmaximus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages extremusmaximus
conanthelibrarian wrote:Let's all go check this out in action

NOT EVEN THE SAME CAR!

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

Panavia!

Silvergirl52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Silvergirl52

There are too many 1 star reviews on Amazon, with tales if smoking remotes. I will definitely stay away from this toy.

rayjen02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayjen02

While these work, they are awesome! This is a disposable toy that lasts about one battery change. I bought one for each of my 2 kids for the last 2 Christmases. Same result each time, an entire extended family captivated for 40 fun minutes, then "aww..."

anarchyjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyjane

My son received 2 of these this past Christmas. They are junk. One wouldn't work at all, the other only 1 tire spun, so you couldn't drive straight. We returned one and exchanged the other and it didn't work for days then stopped. Stay away from this toy!

christinue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages christinue

Have had a couple of these for a little while now. one thing that was fun was the cross-signal if you have several. You really had to pay attention to figure out which car(s) you were controlling.

When we had just two, they worked great. Even the little kids love it. Only problem we had was the antenna is very flimsy and broken when we tried to fix it. The car can only work now at closer range.

Castille360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Castille360

We bought a pair of these @ CVS for the same price. One for a 4yr old - the nearly disposable price and the easy operation made it perfect. We bought 2 more for my nieces. They're cheaply made but - fun, inexpensive and young children can easily operate. ours have been indoor use only, but they've lasted 2 yrs of infrequent intermittent use. My son rolled his down the basement stairs and broke off the rear wheel and the battery compartment latches. But some duck tape holds in the batteries, and it rolls on.

Bozanimal

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bozanimal

Our triplets received three of these in different colors as gifts. One was broken, one worked intermittently, and the third worked without issue for awhile.

The one that worked intermittently had issues with the battery door, which had a poor connection. We stuffed some cardboard in it, and it worked for awhile before the cardboard unwedged and it failed again.

The one that worked suddenly stopped worked and never started again.

That's my two cents on these.

dvsDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvsDave

Total crap. Not work the cardboard they are shipped in. My boys got 1 each for christmas from my in-laws. They each broke within 20 minutes. The plastic body is the flimsiest construction I've ever seen. My mother-in-law was so embarrassed by them that she took them back to the store where she got them and purchased the ones we researched for their non-suckage properties on Amazon.

patndave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patndave

Bought two for twin grandsons. They both thought the cars were the best thing ever. Five minutes later, one was still happy. The other was crying because only one wheel would work. Made me feel like crap.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

patndave wrote:Bought two for twin grandsons. They both thought the cars were the best thing ever. Five minutes later, one was still happy. The other was crying because only one wheel would work. Made me feel like crap.

sorry about that. looks like you're still within the warranty window (90-day Woot limited warranty, according to the sale page). feel free to email Support@Woot.com & let them know what happened.

apologies again to you & the little guy. :/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

patndave

quality posts: 7 Private Messages patndave
PemberDucky wrote:sorry about that. looks like you're still within the warranty window (90-day Woot limited warranty, according to the sale page). feel free to email Support@Woot.com & let them know what happened.

apologies again to you & the little guy. :/

Oops, too late. Just saw your reply.