WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What do you generally pack for your kids lunch?
  • 74.4% - Sandwich and stuff 676
  • 11.7% - Leftovers 106
  • 7.4% - Lunchables 67
  • 1.5% - Soup 14
  • 5.1% - Something else (comments) 46
909 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Beef jerky.

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

nothing.

x8

melmat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melmat

today was the first day i have ever had to pack my daughter's lunch (4yo). she was having a picnic at school (daycare). which consisted of:
PB&J, 3 laffy taffy's, elf stripped cookies, spiderman shaped gram cracker bites, yogurt covered raisins, and mandarin oranges.... Odd mix, but i completely forgot. This lunch rocks compared to some Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk! lunchable.

ckaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckaris

Pop tarts and potato chips

triplebud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud

money

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I only packed my sons lunch when they went on field trips. I always made him 2 fried bologna sandwiches. It was a treat for him. Each one had 2 pieces of bologna, cheese & mustard. 1 was cut in half, the other was quartered because he would share it with 4 of his friends. They all thought he was lucky because he had fried bologna sandwiches. I don't know why, but boys love those. Or a least southern boys do. And it seems like most men do to.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Never packed lunch for my kids. They always wanted to be one of the crowd. And since many of their classmates were on reduced lunch programs, that meant buying lunch.

bridubs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bridubs

No cafeteria for my kindergartener, so all parents have to send bag lunches.

I follow a simple formula:
-sandwich/main dish
-fruit
-vegetable
-dairy (yogurt or cheese cubes)
-crunchy snack (nuts, pretzels, granola)

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

A rock, a used book of matches (with 3 matches left) and a broken piece of glass: if they don't kill it, clean it, and cook it themselves then they don't eat.

At least that's the way my kids describe it.

bejacques

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bejacques

We pack for our kids daily. Always a turkey and cheese sandwich. (Heaven help you if you try to pack PB&J or run out of bread mid-week), a yogurt or pudding, a granola bar of some kind (Rice Krispie treat is passable, but if it's one of those hard-brick granola bars, there will be mutiny), grapes, and something salty.

When I was a kid it was mushy PB&J, a LIttle Debbie, chips & a thermos of Kool Aid!

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919

I don't pack lunches. They can pack their own.