WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Science Toys aka THE AWESOMEST TOYS EVER

That one's a dinosaur. That one's an eyeball you can build. That one's a globe that lights up. That' one's a radio you build yourself. How is this even a conversation? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? You should be buying every single thing on this page. We hope you already have.

daveinwarshington


quality posts: 8 Private Messages daveinwarshington

There was only one Stirling engine for sale???

I'm having a WOOTIN' TOOTIN' good time here!

PemberDucky


quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:There was only one Stirling engine for sale???



our Plus deals are a little quirky. sometimes we may have REALLY limited quantities, but we still want to pass our awesome stuff along to you.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Knifemouth


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Knifemouth

in the specs for: DinoZ 11" Illuminated/Illustrted Globe- Round World- DG011' it lists a 6" diameter while the main page says 11"

-and likewise with the claim of 11" diameter/simultaneous 5" diameter in specs for -11" Athens Illuminated Dual-Map Political Globe- Round World- SN892582

Can someone clarify? Thanks.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Knifemouth wrote:in the specs for: DinoZ 11" Illuminated/Illustrted Globe- Round World- DG011' it lists a 6" diameter while the main page says 11"

-and likewise with the claim of 11" diameter/simultaneous 5" diameter in specs for -11" Athens Illuminated Dual-Map Political Globe- Round World- SN892582

Can someone clarify? Thanks.


Sorry about that. The titles are correct. Just a copy/paste problem in the specs. They're being fixed as I type this.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

ziekk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk

As someone who wants my kids to be smarter than me, what's the difference between a physical/environmental/geographic map and a political map? Some of the globes say they switch between the two, but they look the same to me.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ziekk wrote:As someone who wants my kids to be smarter than me, what's the difference between a physical/environmental/geographic map and a political map? Some of the globes say they switch between the two, but they look the same to me.



Per About.com:

What are political and physical maps?

A political map shows human-created features such as boundaries, cities, highways, roads, and railroads. Physical maps displays the natural features of the earth - the location and names of mountains, rivers, valleys, ocena currents, and deserts. Most common maps and globes are combinations of political and physical maps.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

frannyryan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages frannyryan

Amazon reviews say the plug on the globe is non-standard and no adapter is available. True for this one?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

frannyryan wrote:Amazon reviews say the plug on the globe is non-standard and no adapter is available. True for this one?


Which globe?



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs