zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's all read some comments from when these were offered in April

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

These are great, even prophetic...

got a pink one in a Besser or Curly a couple years ago; a few months before we found out we were pregnant with a girl :0)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

conanthelibrarian

Lot's of additional info over at halosleep.com

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

Amazonians seem to like it. I think they are cute!

Additional design reviews

conanthelibrarian

Does anyone else find these oddly pasted baby heads super creepy???

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
conanthelibrarian wrote:Does anyone else find these oddly pasted baby heads super creepy???

I like the cranky baby in the pink. Reminds me of my daughter.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages diemlinh7

It's so nice to see HALO make these in 100% cotton, especially in the larger sizes.

a couple years ago, I could only find them in fleece or polyblend and that made the kids so sweaty.

I had to buy the cotton Grobags but this would've been so much more affordable.

Moledazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Moledazy

Had been waiting to see these on woot as we just outgrew the Larges and only had 2 XLs. We love Love LOVE Halo Sleepsacks! Highly recommend - great price compared to BRU.

sotallytober

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sotallytober

How do I know what size to get? The baby is due in September. Should I get the small for newborn and another for as she grows? Maybe a medium?

bstruthers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstruthers
sotallytober wrote:How do I know what size to get? The baby is due in September. Should I get the small for newborn and another for as she grows? Maybe a medium?

Our son was born last October, and we're still putting him in his. We had 2 NB, 1 fleece & 1 cotton (both were swaddlers). We then moved to 2 smalls, both fleece because of winter. And currently we have 2 mediums. I recommend at least 2 to start with for the inevitable wetting : )

We absolutely love them. Just zip him up in a onesie or PJs (depending on the temp) and put him down in his crib. The zipper zips closed from top to bottom instead of bottom to top and it makes diaper changes pretty easy while worn.

I never would have looked at these if the hospital hadn't sent us home with some. I'm glad they did.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt

There's really nothing bad that can be said about these. You can not like them, I guess, but there's really no reason to. They perform exactly as intended, work and wash great, and is a lot safer.

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000

We have been using these since our son was born (he's nearly one and a half) and we love them. I bought a lot of large and xl during the last sale here because it seems like they rarely have them on other sale sites.

The cotton does seem to shrink a bit, though, but not horribly.

dallaspeach

quality posts: 20 Private Messages dallaspeach

There is a size chart located on the specs tab as well.

sotallytober wrote:How do I know what size to get? The baby is due in September. Should I get the small for newborn and another for as she grows? Maybe a medium?

ctrcar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctrcar

Why the limit of 3? I am expecting triplets and wanted to get at least two for each baby in a couple of sizes.

TripleE78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TripleE78

Is it wrong that I read that first as Sleestacks?

Of course, that was after I recovered from seeing a picture of what I thought was floating robed wizard babies. I seriously thought this was a like a new Dr. Who villain or something. Holy hell.

Note to self, coffee first, then Woot.

Wolffhardt

ctrcar wrote:Why the limit of 3? I am expecting triplets and wanted to get at least two for each baby in a couple of sizes.

For obvious reasons - Just create another account.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40

LOVED these for our twins. They seemed to like them too. Safer than blankets, can't be kicked off (so they stay warm), and keeps flailing kids from getting their feet caught in the crib rails. Deters climbing out of the crib too for older tots. Can you tell I like them? They make great presents too.

craig2197

quality posts: 1 Private Messages craig2197

THE BABIES, I CAN'T.. THEY WON'T LET ME.. THEY'RE TOO POWERFUL!!!!!

mcmcph1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcmcph1

My daughter is 19 months old and we still use these. I love them because it keeps her from even attempting to climb out of the crib. It also has the added benefit of keeping her a little warmer at night as blankets NEVER stay on kids that sleep all over the place in crib. Also, as mentioned above, most of the sale sites never seem to offer the sacks in larger sizes.

caltheon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caltheon
conanthelibrarian wrote:Does anyone else find these oddly pasted baby heads super creepy???

For some reason they remind me of the Space Guild from Dune, or perhaps baby Daleks. Now if they made a sleep sack in black leather i'd jump on it!

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313

I clicked for Master Chief themed sleep sacks. Son, I am disappoint.

zaquaz6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaquaz6

I would get bigger ones of this type, look for the swaddles for the little ones.

smeadie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeadie

I'd be hesitant to buy any bigger than medium for my 7-month twins as my toddler son, when he was an older baby, loved to stand up in his crib and these sacks would frustrate him so much and make it virtually impossible for him to get up. Babies love getting up and walking around the crib and these make that very difficult and also quite dangerous. I switched to putting an extra (bigger) fleece all-in-one pj suit on him in colder nights and still do at nearly 3 yrs as he kicks his covers off through the night.

elandria

quality posts: 5 Private Messages elandria

Picked up a medium for a cousin due in Oct, and 2 XL owls for my 11 month old for when she grows out of the large ones I bought last time. She likes carrying her "bag" around like Linus with his blanket, and is always happy to be zipped up before bed each night.

Wolffhardt

smeadie wrote:I'd be hesitant to buy any bigger than medium for my 7-month twins as my toddler son, when he was an older baby, loved to stand up in his crib and these sacks would frustrate him so much and make it virtually impossible for him to get up. Babies love getting up and walking around the crib and these make that very difficult and also quite dangerous. I switched to putting an extra (bigger) fleece all-in-one pj suit on him in colder nights and still do at nearly 3 yrs as he kicks his covers off through the night.

Maybe he's hot from wearing a full body fleece suit.

guyhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyhagen
smeadie wrote:I'd be hesitant to buy any bigger than medium for my 7-month twins as my toddler son, when he was an older baby, loved to stand up in his crib and these sacks would frustrate him so much and make it virtually impossible for him to get up. Babies love getting up and walking around the crib and these make that very difficult and also quite dangerous. I switched to putting an extra (bigger) fleece all-in-one pj suit on him in colder nights and still do at nearly 3 yrs as he kicks his covers off through the night.

Halo makes these in 'early walker' and 'big kid' sizes (starting 2/3t) with leg holes for walking kids. My 2yo still wears them as she is still very restless at night.

teacherwannabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teacherwannabe

Hey im a long time wooter and I realized now 3 hours later that I didn't have the option of different colors for the 3 sleep sacks I ordered, AND I put in the wrong shipping address, I meant to change it to the San diego address as they are a gift for my grandson. Is there any way I can now make those corrections? Please????!!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

teacherwannabe wrote:Hey im a long time wooter and I realized now 3 hours later that I didn't have the option of different colors for the 3 sleep sacks I ordered, AND I put in the wrong shipping address, I meant to change it to the San diego address as they are a gift for my grandson. Is there any way I can now make those corrections? Please????!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having complications with ordering (address and color).

I've forwarded your issue along to Woot Member Services at support@woot.com but I also advise you to email support@woot.com and let them know.
Be sure to include your username and order number so they can help you in a timely fashion.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages diemlinh7

I hope Halo will make the big kids sizes (2T-5T) in 100% cotton, too. Our youngest, 2.5 yrs, just outgrew his biggest sleepsack. We had to give it up once we were potty training him. But I LOVED the sacks from birth til then.

He was so used to them that he could walk around in one without any trouble, and played happily in his crib until he fell asleep. It was also a nice deterrent in keeping him from climbing out every night. (a big plus when u have a lil monkey on your hands!)

guyhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyhagen
diemlinh7 wrote:I hope Halo will make the big kids sizes (2T-5T) in 100% cotton, too. Our youngest, 2.5 yrs, just outgrew his biggest sleepsack. We had to give it up once we were potty training him. But I LOVED the sacks from birth til then.

He was so used to them that he could walk around in one without any trouble, and played happily in his crib until he fell asleep. It was also a nice deterrent in keeping him from climbing out every night. (a big plus when u have a lil monkey on your hands!)

Supposedly, Halo doesn't make the bigger sizes in cotton because they don't meet standards for flame resistance without being chemically treated. Since they did not want to add chemicals to the sacks, they switched to polyester.

We gave up the big kid sacks for the same reason...potty training. However, we continued to use them even after my oldest figured out how to escape them at 22 months, which required a switch to the toddler bed. I caught her climbing out of her crib one day, having discarded the sleep sack.

Fortunately, little sister is lazy and hasn't shown the desire to escape either the crib or the sack. Yet.

sakataguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakataguy
Creeper1313 wrote:I clicked for Master Chief themed sleep sacks. Son, I am disappoint.

Me too. And Mexican baby Jesus is weeping on my mantle. He's bummed, it was just the thing to wear for a ride in the country in the back of the family warthog.
:-(