WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What step of riding a bicycle is your kid on?
  • 32.8% - None 232
  • 10.2% - Tricycle 72
  • 14.1% - Training wheels 100
  • 40.7% - Bicycle 288
  • 2.3% - Another stage that I’ll explain in the comments 16
708 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

Automobile.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

We don't do training wheels.. they make it hard for them to learn to balance properly.

Those little balance bikes are a good starting place once they graduate from the tricycle. They can be kinda spendy though. If you're not into buying extra stuff that won't get used that much, just take the cranks off their little bike and make them push it around for a while until they get used to it.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

they want motorcycles and scooters

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

My kid is 19 years old. He was able to ride a bike (no training wheels) about 2 months before he turned 4 years old. He now has 4 different types of bicycles. And he also skateboards. He was never into team sports though.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
cycokiller wrote:We don't do training wheels.. they make it hard for them to learn to balance properly.

Those little balance bikes are a good starting place once they graduate from the tricycle. They can be kinda spendy though. If you're not into buying extra stuff that won't get used that much, just take the cranks off their little bike and make them push it around for a while until they get used to it.

You are right. My son didn't use training wheels either & he was able to bike a bike shortly before he turned 4. Tuesday Mornings regularly has the balance bikes you are talking about for around $30.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

osoblonde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages osoblonde

my 2 year old is riding a strider balance bike and he loves it!