3%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

I said it before and I'll say it again: give us variety packs!

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

I bought these last time and I'm not one for buying fruit snacks, I prefer fresh fruit but it did make a good alternative to other snacks. The kids loved them and they were good cold or semi-frozen. I'm in for more.

lichme

quality posts: 2845 Private Messages lichme

Good reviews for the Orange

*not sure if reviews are flavor specific

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

My daughter loves these things. She's 2½ and has been eating them for the past year.

I was thrilled when they released the yogurt pouches. We've had a hard time getting her to eat meat, so the extra protein makes me happy.

Especially easy in the car as long as your kid has learned not to squeeze them.

I bought three last time and I'm in for three more this time.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3460 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

A single perfect review on the Strawberry Lemonade over at amazon

boroughf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages boroughf

My 23-month-old loves eating the fruit pouches. I bought some of the strawberry lemonade and so far he takes a small taste and hands it back to me telling me he is all done. So, that one isn't a winner for him. I tasted it and I like it. He loves strawberries and used to love eating lemons right off the tree, so it surprised me he didn't like it. Ah, kids, they are just fickle...they like it one day and hate it the next.

I'm in for one of each the orange and blueberry...if he doesn't like them, then I guess I'll just be eating them for snacks at work.

merd03mc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merd03mc

I bought all three flavors recently at the grocery store (they were BOGO so about $2.50 for 4). My 21 month old loved all of them, but then she loves ALL fruits in pouch. I like how the blueberry one includes a vegetable!

sktlmt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sktlmt

No wonder kids love them. The fruit one had almost 3 teaspoons of sugar in a little 3 oz pouch and the yogurt ones have 3.5 teaspoons of sugar in the small pouch. And a measly 3 grams of protein. Pass

prttymf8

sktlmt wrote:No wonder kids love them. The fruit one had almost 3 teaspoons of sugar in a little 3 oz pouch and the yogurt ones have 3.5 teaspoons of sugar in the small pouch. And a measly 3 grams of protein. Pass

An apple has about the same amount of sugar in it and 0 protein.

ces22396

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ces22396

Do these need refrigeration?

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

We bought these last time around. I like to use pouches of applesauce as an on-the-go snack. My kids like them, but when I tasted them I was surprised at how sugary they are. They are less of a fruit sauce and more of a sugary smoothie. I use them as desert in place of a cookie or something, but I try to steer clear of using things like these as snacks because I don't want to train their palate to crave sugar 24/7.

maggiecain

ces22396 wrote:Do these need refrigeration?

No

maggiecain

prttymf8 wrote:An apple has about the same amount of sugar in it and 0 protein.

First of all, these contain between 11 and 14 grams of sugar. An apple has about 3 g of sugar, plus an apple takes awhile to eat and contains lots of fiber, which makes it satisfying. A kid will suck this down in 2 seconds and then ask for more food and be hungry in 10 minutes. A few of these (you know they'll take more once they have a taste for them) and they've consumed maybe 45 g of sugar for their afternoon snack. And yogurt ones have "cane syrup," i.e. added sugar, which apples don't have.

Who cares about the protein? We don't have a massive childhood obesity problem because of protein deficiency, but (partly) because of sugar addiction.

Really, these are a nutritional nightmare. That's why we use them for dessert, not a real meal. Treats are treats, food is food.

prttymf8

maggiecain wrote:First of all, these contain between 11 and 14 grams of sugar. An apple has about 3 g of sugar, plus an apple takes awhile to eat and contains lots of fiber, which makes it satisfying. A kid will suck this down in 2 seconds and then ask for more food and be hungry in 10 minutes. A few of these (you know they'll take more once they have a taste for them) and they've consumed maybe 45 g of sugar for their afternoon snack. And yogurt ones have "cane syrup," i.e. added sugar, which apples don't have.

Who cares about the protein? We don't have a massive childhood obesity problem because of protein deficiency, but (partly) because of sugar addiction.

Really, these are a nutritional nightmare. That's why we use them for dessert, not a real meal. Treats are treats, food is food.

An apple contains 3 grams of sugar?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/apples-raw-with-skin-9003

We generally use these in the car, and one keeps my daughter satisfied for about an hour. Protein, like your precious fiber, also takes a long time to digest, which also makes for a feeling of fullness. Who cares about protein? I do. Childhood obesity isn't just about sugar, it's about poor nutrition, which includes protein.

My daughter eats fresh fruit and vegetables at home, but when we're out I'd much rather her have one of these pouches than the majority of things available on the road.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick
psm321 wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again: give us variety packs!

agree!

katzchenkitty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katzchenkitty

Really good deal on pouches. Usually runs 1.50 to 1.79 a piece. A buck each when there is a good sale. Kiddo liked the baby and tot version. Haven't had the kid version yet.

Best sale though is getting for free bc a relative works for them and gets a hand carry full twice a year. Yoink!

dealsofdreams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dealsofdreams

i would like to buy these but one question are they kosher?

TronGMZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TronGMZ

No deal. These were available at Fry's for 29¢ a pouch just a month ago (after coupon).

Link

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dealsofdreams wrote:i would like to buy these but one question are they kosher?

Per the features:
Kosher certified & Gluten free

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Amblyopia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Amblyopia

the Blueberry Blitz is the only one worthy of my kid... no way I'm filling him with sugar and mysterious natural flavors...

--Amblyopia

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

At 11am they're already sold out of Blueberry!

davidjohnhanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidjohnhanna

I like the nutrition debate. I'm no nutritionist, so I don't fully understand the pros/cons of that whole argument. However, I think the real question to ask is what, if anything, these will replace. I just had this discussion with my wife about this woot. If your kid loves these and regularly eats Twinkies for a snack then why not be in for three and get rid of the twinkies. If your kid loves raw kale and raw almonds and you keep pre-packaged portions of those things at all times then you should pass. Most of us are probably somewhere in between and could use these to replace the crap they would otherwise eat. With that said, in for zero since I lost the argument with the wife.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

One great use I found for these (or the applesauce pouches) is to freeze them then use them as ice packs for keeping things chilled in a lunch bag or snack bag. I use them for packing my daughters lunch at school. It's thawed enough to suck out by lunch time and keeps stuff cold in the meantime.

I bought some of these last time around because my daughter loves the applesauce pouches. Problem is, she does not love the flavors I bought of these so now I have 2 cases of fruit snack pouches she doesn't like. I bought one each of the other flavors you sell on here for her to try but she didn't like those either. So, no go for me. I would suggest getting a few samples at the store before springing for a whole case.

That said, I tried squeezing one of the blueberry ones in my greek yogurt the other day and it was pretty tasty, and I think it would work in oatmeal too. I just thought of something else, squeeze one into the blender with a scoop of frozen yogurt for a quick smoothie. Anyway, just keep in mind other uses in case the kiddo doesn't like a certain flavor.

Now if they ever put the GoGo Squeezer applesauce pouches up here I'll be in for 2 cases.

As for the "healthy snack" debate, like anything it's moderation. I keep the applesauce pouches (just applesauce, no added sugar) in the fridge and she is allowed to get one whenever she wants. These I would use as a grab-and-go if I thought she would need a snack while out doing errands. Yes, there are healthier things out there but there are also MUCH worse.

lindsj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindsj
ces22396 wrote:Do these need refrigeration?

Nope! Though they taste better that way!

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

If I noticed these earlier when I made a wine.woot purchase, I would have added them to my cart. Too bad we can't combine w/ open orders to save on shipping = one less Mashups sale. Maybe next time.

uglie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uglie

I think this is a great deal but I noticed all the flavors have added sugar or juice. Still a pretty healthy treat though! It's just that my kid enjoys the ones without so I'll stick with them for now.