3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

For safety, always buy new helmets. Their ability to protect is diminished greatly even after a minor fall. Don't buy at yardsales, thriftstores, etc. You never know the helmets history. just my two cents...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, here's my pet peeve, parents. Teach your kids to wear their helmets correctly - OVER their forehead. I cringe when I see kids wearing off the back of their head.

My son did a flip over the handlebars of his scooter. Landed square on his forehead and cracked the helmet. Thankfully he was wearing it correctly and got nothing more than a good headache.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wanpakumono

quality posts: 64 Private Messages wanpakumono

This may be a bit nit-picky, but it states that these helmets were "Thoroughly tested under U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's standards." It doesn't say that it met these standards. The CPSC website states, "Helmets meeting the new standard will carry a label stating that they meet CPSC's new safety standard." Do these helmets have these labels?

Thanks

lichme

quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

Also, make sure you teach your child what the bell is for. Most kids just assume it is a toy.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wanpakumono wrote:This may be a bit nit-picky, but it states that these helmets were "Thoroughly tested under U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's standards." It doesn't say that it met these standards. The CPSC website states, "Helmets meeting the new standard will carry a label stating that they meet CPSC's new safety standard." Do these helmets have these labels?

Thanks

That comes from the 1999 Safety Standards

I saw the helmets and they had the testing blurb on the attached card insert.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

No Minnie Mouse helmet? My daughter does not approve of this sale.

tchikovsky72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tchikovsky72

What about sizes? I assume that its one size fits all since there is no size info on the order page, but my kids have some pretty big noggins and I'm not going to Woot if I don't know the size that the helmets come in.

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest

I see that I am able to buy up to a quantity of 3 of each helmet. But there doesn't seem to be a way to select more than one style of helmet. Do I have to create 2 separate Woot purchases if I want to purchase 2 different helmets? Some families have more than one kid, and quite often they are not all the same gender.

bluemaple

quality posts: 73 Private Messages bluemaple
ThunderThighs wrote:That comes from the 1999 Safety Standards

I saw the helmets and they had the testing blurb on the attached card insert.

It could be that the govt set the standard and the manufacturer is responsible for building and testing to that standard. I believe motorcycle helmets are like that - they have a DOT label on them but that does *not* mean the govt actually tested them.

Best bet: buy from a reputable company that makes designs/helmets rather than someone simply putting their brand on it.

Jessop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jessop
majorwest wrote:I see that I am able to buy up to a quantity of 3 of each helmet. But there doesn't seem to be a way to select more than one style of helmet. Do I have to create 2 separate Woot purchases if I want to purchase 2 different helmets? Some families have more than one kid, and quite often they are not all the same gender.

THIS!!!!! same issue here

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

majorwest wrote:I see that I am able to buy up to a quantity of 3 of each helmet. But there doesn't seem to be a way to select more than one style of helmet. Do I have to create 2 separate Woot purchases if I want to purchase 2 different helmets? Some families have more than one kid, and quite often they are not all the same
gender.

Easy solution for you. I raised the purchase limit to 5. Now you can just select the styles you want, select the quantity and then add them to your cart!

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest
majorwest wrote:I see that I am able to buy up to a quantity of 3 of each helmet. But there doesn't seem to be a way to select more than one style of helmet. Do I have to create 2 separate Woot purchases if I want to purchase 2 different helmets? Some families have more than one kid, and quite often they are not all the same gender.

Ok, my bad. I see that it's simply a matter of pressing the "add to cart" button for each helmet, and then you can proceed to checkout. I guess old age is getting to me lol.

Jessop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jessop
brutherford wrote:Easy solution for you. I raised the purchase limit to 5. Now you can just select the styles you want, select the quantity and then add them to your cart!

Thanks much was able to buy the two I needed. Thanks again have a great weekend

ThunderThighs

Staff

tchikovsky72 wrote:What about sizes? I assume that its one size fits all since there is no size info on the order page, but my kids have some pretty big noggins and I'm not going to Woot if I don't know the size that the helmets come in.

Kids helmets usually come with insert pads that you can add/remove as needed for a good fit.

Features:
Both also feature customizable pads for creating a snug fit so the helmet grows with your child
Micro shell design helmets offer integrated

In addition:

5+ Years (multi-sport)
3+ Years (micro shell)

pepse19

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepse19

I was sent the wrong helmet. On my order page it says I ordered the Agent P Helmet. I received the Phineas and Ferb one. My daughter isn't happy.

krystinel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krystinel

Getting the wrong Phineas & Ferb helmet seems to be common. I've sent an email and they said I got what I ordered....

pepse19

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepse19
krystinel wrote:Getting the wrong Phineas & Ferb helmet seems to be common. I've sent an email and they said I got what I ordered....

My invoice says otherwise. I checked the site and on the stuff you bought page it says the agent P helmet.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables

Hi Everyone,

Cs staff checking in.

We see there might have been an inventory issue with the items.

We are looking into it and when we come up with a solution we will send a message to those affected.

If youre quick on the draw and emailed us earlier, you might have had an incorrect response, so be on the lookout.

Keeping you informed,

-J