Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3116 Private Messages lichme

bigbill25

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbill25

$125 on Amazon.

While there are several good reviews, there are way to many "worked for a month then died" comments to make me comfortable.

Levana 32102 Era Advanced 2.4-Inch Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Picture Capture and Digital Zoom (White) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ZINHFG

cmeej

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmeej

Official product page:
http://www.mylevana.com/product/Era_Elite.eng-60.html

Filled with testimonials.

tolitski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tolitski

It looks like this is one of their discontinued products.. Sorry no go... What about a bag of carpe?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$89.99 tonight
I think this pairing video applies to this model as a general concept video

acshulk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acshulk

Guys this is at walmart for the same price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20971407?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

[MOD: Different model. See post below.]

hoodsurfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodsurfer

So to the point about the negative reviews, i feel compelled to share our experience. Our friends recommended a monitor from this company and while they still have theirs, ours was nothing but issues. First the battery life is really bad. Not just how long it lasts overall but how quickly they drain. Second is we dropped the camera from waist height on carpet within a few weeks and that's when we learned the hard way their warranty policy is ridiculous for what kind of product they sell. We had to send it in (our expense, which isn't uncommon) and it would take up to THREE weeks for them to tell us what is wrong and if they'll cover it. What would I do with no baby monitor for three weeks? Oh wait I could 'rent' one from them in the meantime at full retail and pay shipping on that both ways. We were soooo upset. We ended up buying a new one and returning the old one. ;) in the end we use it as a backup travel camera and bought the more expensive but absolutely awesome Motorola. Just our two cents, take it for what it's worth.

canucker1983

quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983

Greetings Wooters!

I'm a representative from Levana and will be happy to answer any questions about our products and brand.

Fire away!

canucker1983

acshulk wrote:Guys this is at walmart for the same price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20971407?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

Hello,

The model shown on WalMart.com is actually our Era Basic.

The Era Elite features still image and video capture to SD card which Era Basic does not.

It also features digital zoom which Era Basic does not.

canucker1983

bigbill25 wrote:$125 on Amazon.

While there are several good reviews, there are way to many "worked for a month then died" comments to make me comfortable.

Levana 32102 Era Advanced 2.4-Inch Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Picture Capture and Digital Zoom (White) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ZINHFG

Hello,

The link to Amazon is for the Era Advanced model.

Era Elite is being sold for $199.99 on Amazon today which makes it a great deal at Woot!

joshbrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshbrennan
canucker1983 wrote:Hello,

The link to Amazon is for the Era Advanced model.

Era Elite is being sold for $199.99 on Amazon today which makes it a great deal at Woot!

Thank you for your help but are you saying this isn't the same model?

http://www.amazon.com/Levana-Digital-Wireless-Monitor-Recording/dp/B009YGGGFE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368188845&sr=8-2&keywords=levana+elite

If I read the "Advisement" on the sale page correctly, I believe that it states that this is the same as the linked model provided above... which is being sold at $99.99 currently.

canucker1983

joshbrennan wrote:Thank you for your help but are you saying this isn't the same model?

http://www.amazon.com/Levana-Digital-Wireless-Monitor-Recording/dp/B009YGGGFE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368188845&sr=8-2&keywords=levana+elite

If I read the "Advisement" on the sale page correctly, I believe that it states that this is the same as the linked model provided above... which is being sold at $99.99 currently.

It does appear like that listing is advertising this model at $99.99 though it's likely a mistake on the seller's part.

With three different variations of Era, sometimes even the sellers make mistakes.

I'm looking into this further to confirm. Good eye!

PhilipSaturnio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PhilipSaturnio

can we talk to the baby with this monitor?

canucker1983

PhilipSaturnio wrote:can we talk to the baby with this monitor?

You can talk to your baby without the monitor, in fact I encourage it!

But seriously yes, this model features two-way communication.

This feature is also great if you are using this to monitor other people under your care including the elderly or disabled.

jessicah777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicah777

Will Levana issue a refund if the product dies over the first few months? That seems like the biggest complaint.

canucker1983

jessicah777 wrote:Will Levana issue a refund if the product dies over the first few months? That seems like the biggest complaint.

This product comes with a one year warranty against manufacturer defects.

Refunds are issued by the seller, not the manufacturer. We would be more than happy to replace any defective products under warranty.

W1tch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W1tch

The monitor looks cool and the price is tempting but I'm a bit concerned about all the negative reviews regarding poor quality and most importantly, poor customer service. The idea of having to pay for shipping to return a defective item and then have to wait who knows how long to get the item back to, on top of that, receive a repaired unit rather than a new one, doesn't seem appealing at all.

canucker1983

W1tch wrote:The monitor looks cool and the price is tempting but I'm a bit concerned about all the negative reviews regarding poor quality and most importantly, poor customer service. The idea of having to pay for shipping to return a defective item and then have to wait who knows how long to get the item back to, on top of that, receive a repaired unit rather than a new one, doesn't seem appealing at all.

Thank you! Era thinks you look cool too

Customer service is very important to us. Our company has experienced a lot of growth over the past couple of years and have recently added more support technicians to our team to make sure you receive help when you need it.

Our actual defective rate for this product is very low, between 1% and 2% of units sold are actually defective.

jhp79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhp79

Is it possible to add a camera to this set up? I will have two children who need to have monitors. Or would I just need to buy 2?

canucker1983

jhp79 wrote:Is it possible to add a camera to this set up? I will have two children who need to have monitors. Or would I just need to buy 2?

First of all it sounds like you're expecting so congratulations are in order!

Secondly, Era Elite supports up to four cameras.

The only thing it can't do is help with the chores because it has no hands. We're working on that for future models (kidding)!

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

I have a question....

What did the baby do with the regular woot! mannequin head that appears in all baby monitor photo's?

jhp79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhp79
canucker1983 wrote:First of all it sounds like you're expecting so congratulations are in order!

Secondly, Era Elite supports up to four cameras.

The only thing it can't do is help with the chores because it has no hands. We're working on that for future models (kidding)!

Thank you! And that's great, so would I just buy an extra camera at another retailer? (is it possible to buy a single camera?)

lmonarca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmonarca

I bought this model a couple of month ago in a woot plus offer and have been using it for about a month now. I really love the features (music, night light and talk back mostly). We haven't had any problems yet. The sound is a bit muffled but it serves the purpose of hearing when my little guy is awake. I wish you were offering the extra cameras as an option so I could retire our other monitor currently used for our other son.

canucker1983

mkentosh wrote:I have a question....

What did the baby do with the regular woot! mannequin head that appears in all baby monitor photo's?

I'm not sure how to reply to this though I'm sure the mannequin head is safely stored on Woot's wall of miscellaneous doll heads (I'm almost positive they have this)

canucker1983

lmonarca wrote:I bought this model a couple of month ago in a woot plus offer and have been using it for about a month now. I really love the features (music, night light and talk back mostly). We haven't had any problems yet. The sound is a bit muffled but it serves the purpose of hearing when my little guy is awake. I wish you were offering the extra cameras as an option so I could retire our other monitor currently used for our other son.

Thank you for the awesome feedback!
I'm checking with Woot regarding the additional cameras. Stay tuned!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jhp79 wrote:Thank you! And that's great, so would I just buy an extra camera at another retailer? (is it possible to buy a single camera?)

Someone just whispered in my ear (via email) that we will be selling additional cameras during an upcoming event that has flashing lights. If you know what I mean.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

maniaca101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maniaca101

I want to get one as a baby shower gift for my daughter. Will WOOT get it to me quicker than Amazon? There is only a $4 difference if you take S/H into account (Amazon is free @ $99.00)

canucker1983

maniaca101 wrote:I want to get one as a baby shower gift for my daughter. Will WOOT get it to me quicker than Amazon? There is only a $4 difference if you take S/H into account (Amazon is free @ $99.00)

To the best of my knowledge the shipping time should be around the same from either Woot or Amazon.

W1tch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages W1tch
maniaca101 wrote:I want to get one as a baby shower gift for my daughter. Will WOOT get it to me quicker than Amazon? There is only a $4 difference if you take S/H into account (Amazon is free @ $99.00)

The cheapest I could find at Amazon is $129

lkief001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lkief001

My current monitor has a feature that I like and I'm wondering if this one has it too. The audio is off until baby makes noise to a certain threshold and then the audio comes on automatically (so you don't always hear static or quiet ambient noises). Once it's quiet again the audio turns back off. Does this monitor do the same?

canucker1983

lkief001 wrote:My current monitor has a feature that I like and I'm wondering if this one has it too. The audio is off until baby makes noise to a certain threshold and then the audio comes on automatically (so you don't always hear static or quiet ambient noises). Once it's quiet again the audio turns back off. Does this monitor do the same?

Great question!

*Correction - The power-saving mode allows you to have the video off unless a certain noise level is exceeded.

The audio is always on and the volume is adjustable.

Hafhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hafhead

Can you leave both the camera and the monitor plugged in so you aren't limited by battery life?

sombraala

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombraala

And how long does a full charge take?

canucker1983

Hafhead wrote:Can you leave both the camera and the monitor plugged in so you aren't limited by battery life?

Absolutely!

canucker1983

sombraala wrote:And how long does a full charge take?

It takes approximately four hours for the battery to charge from completely drained to 100% and the battery life is up to five hours.

MDCole9761

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MDCole9761

Just wanted to update the community- I unpacked mine today, put the battery in the monitor, plugged both the camera and the monitor in, let them sit for a few hours and then......nothing.

No lights on the camera and the monitor does not power on, no matter if i press and release the power button or if I hold it down.

Anyone else get a dud?

Update: Well- managed to get it working. The issue is that there is no power light on either device. The camera was probably working the whole time, but because the monitor didn't work, I had no way of telling. The monitor wasn't working because the battery doesn't sit very snugly in inside compartment and the cover slides away from the contacts when it is put back on. As a result, the cover was pulling the battery away from the contacts, breaking the connection. I had removed and replaced the battery a few times, but still had the same issue. After VERY carefully putting the cover back on, trying not to touch the battery under it in any way I was able to get it to work.

Overall- nice device for the Woot price! The battery issue can probably be solved with a little piece of paper wedged in behind the battery to keep it snug against the contacts.

honeypumpkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honeypumpkin
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

I'm a representative from Levana and will be happy to answer any questions about our products and brand.

Fire away!

Can you pair a camera to TWO monitors? so we can have a monitor on each floor?

dimsumx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dimsumx

Used it for a about a week and out of nowhere the camera just died and won't recover. Parent unit is fine, but nothing from the camera unit itself. Anyone else have that happen to theirs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dimsumx wrote:Used it for a about a week and out of nowhere the camera just died and won't recover. Parent unit is fine, but nothing from the camera unit itself. Anyone else have that happen to theirs?

Sorry for the problem. Please reach out to the Levana folks to see if they can help.

As always, you can contact support@woot.com should you need to.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items