quality posts: 4 Private Messages ikeray

Amazon.

people have said its pretty, but not functional

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at homedepot.com

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

I have to admit, they are a lot more appealing than the white plastic doors you always see. I wonder if it would be more painful to faceplant into one of these.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Walk thru?

This gate will allow me to phase shift?

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

if you plan on putting a gate up for an area you commonly use, purchasing a "walk through" is a fantastic idea. unless you're abnormally tall with long legs like me, you will get annoyed of stepping over a gate. even i get annoyed of it and i have a gate that's not too tall.

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184
lichme wrote:I have to admit, they are a lot more appealing than the white plastic doors you always see. I wonder if it would be more painful to faceplant into one of these.

there is another summer infant pure white for $50 on amazon, it can be had at Home Depot as well.

as for tension gates, I have one on my stairs, and the top rail is being forced up (unnailed). the other issue is if you trip on the bottom part (happens often), you'll kick the bottom out.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
lnjelinek wrote:if you plan on putting a gate up for an area you commonly use, purchasing a "walk through" is a fantastic idea. unless you're abnormally tall with long legs like me, you will get annoyed of stepping over a gate. even i get annoyed of it and i have a gate that's not too tall.

Agreed they are much nicer, yet as a short person I still have step over ones. They fit much larger openings FAR more economically than gated ones & the only gated types you get for larger doorways aren't nearly this pretty. I have much larger openings between rooms than these type accommodate. I also used tension gates, so I just didn't leave them up all the time. I moved them around & pulled them out when the kid wasn't roaming. They were super easy to adjust & pop in & out..... and they were so cheap I bought them long before i had kids & will keep them long after because all parents of small ones who visit appreciate a little corralling from time to time.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

dpettus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpettus

$74 at Amazon. Reviews on Amazon indicate it may not be very sturdy and constantly needs readjusting. So, read the reviews if you need a child gate. The threshold at the bottom could also be a trip hazard, so don't use this at the top of the stairs. I need a couple of pet gates to close off some rooms I don't use too often, so I don't think the issues reported are that bad for me. In for two at this price.

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

jmandrik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmandrik

Can this be used outdoors? Will it stand up to weather? I'm looking for one for my deck.

Zapp Brannigan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Zapp Brannigan
jmandrik wrote:Can this be used outdoors? Will it stand up to weather? I'm looking for one for my deck.

Unless you live somewhere where there is no moisture, I am sure this thing will start to rust within the month. I think you might be limited to buying one made for a deck.

vwgolftx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vwgolftx

We have this exact gate at the top of our stairs. The instructions warn you NOT to use it there. To solve the issue of it being pushed down the stairs I added the mounting hardware for a closet rod. 4 small circular pieces, and it solved the problem, plus it doesn't have to be adjusted. My only real complaint is that the gate does not swing back and lock in place, we have to make sure it is closed. Not a bad gate, but I think there are better ones out there.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

curtisuxor wrote:Walk thru?

This gate will allow me to phase shift?

YES!!! Can you believe it!?!?!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders