2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey, just to save some time, if you're gonna do some comparing to other sites, make sure you look for the DELUXE like ours.

8 cubes
24oz (without cubes)
LED lights

I cry when I have to delete your posts to wrong products. Really I do. I mean, I'll delete 'em, but I'll still cry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

This is one of those things that if works as advertised, would save me tons of money and trips to the gas station for a "squishy". I go almost daily. I hear mixed things about the original, is this any better?

wpolyak

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wpolyak
lichme wrote:This is one of those things that if works as advertised, would save me tons of money and trips to the gas station for a "squishy". I go almost daily. I hear mixed things about the original, is this any better?

The original(squishy) one was garbage. I was never able to get a drink to freeze. Plus the silicone was very easy to puncture and leak salt water.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Ooh, LED lights!

I have an original. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be super fancy, but I feel it works as advertised. I bought some blue powerade and made it slushy to satisfy my not having a sonic near me for a powerade slush. Not exactly the same, but it does the job but I am also an incredibly lazy adult and like it when I don't have to use a blender and can just shake it for a minute or 3 to get the same effect.

jenniferspaws

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jenniferspaws

I bought one for my children. I think it was used twice with little success. It is now just a freezer accessory.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Have to agree on the original...it was crap. Never got it to work at all. Perhaps with more of the ice cubes this one is better though...

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

My roommate got this for christmas as a sort of joke but they work GREAT! We make fruit punch slushys all the time. They may seem a little 'As seen on tv' infomercial-esk but they work great! I will say he doesnt have LED lights on his but he does have the same brand so that should be no difference. Also, one con, the ice cube things that make it work are kind of huge, like 1/3 probably of the space in the cup to make it but it works fine! I just take them out onto a paper towel and then rinse them off after i enjoy.

I rambled. TL;DR These work great!

Edit: Ive read some others say it doesnt work too well. It did take us some trial and error. We found the colder the water the better to start with and then you just have to be willing to shake for a while.

sportsfrk10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sportsfrk10

I bought these exact ones at the fair last year and I never got a slushy out of them. Either it was me failing or they are just a waste of money.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

I am not sure why so many people say they don't work. I mean, how hard is it to put the cubes in the freezer until they are hard (takes a whole day, pretty much), put them in the cup, pour in liquid to the line(we usually use 1/2 regular milk and 1/2 chocolate milk for a "milk shake") then shake the hell out of it with your finger over the little hole for about 3 minutes, or until it gets hella cold and the cubes don't move around much anymore. Ours works great, I made several Vitamin Water slushies when my daughter was sick with a stomach bug, it was all I could get her to eat to stay hydrated. Either people don't let the cubes get frozen enough, or they are just too lazy to shake it long enough. The cubes are big and kind of annoying, but my daughter (5 yrs) just takes them out, licks them off and puts them in another bowl I give her at the same time as the slushy, and scoops out the rest of it with the spoonstraw.

erockrph

quality posts: 2 Private Messages erockrph

OK - so I'll man up and ask the important question. Has anyone used these for alcoholic beverages? Do these get cold enough for mixed drink slushies, or does a reasonable amount of alcohol depress the freezing point enough where you can't make instant margaritas/daiquiris/etc?

IdahoCrystal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCrystal
erockrph wrote:OK - so I'll man up and ask the important question. Has anyone used these for alcoholic beverages? Do these get cold enough for mixed drink slushies, or does a reasonable amount of alcohol depress the freezing point enough where you can't make instant margaritas/daiquiris/etc?

It works a lot better if you make your slushy 'mixer' and add the booze after.

Timing is everything.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

How do these compare to the Aussie Ice things that Woot sells pretty regularly? We have 4 of those and my kids love 'em. I know they'd love LEDs on anything, but wonder if these are a vast improvement in slushifying other than the LEDs.

tlazjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlazjr
IdahoCrystal wrote:It works a lot better if you make your slushy 'mixer' and add the booze after.

Yes, alcohol freezes at a lower temperature than water, so booze drinks can be tricky. a couple of pointers, from someone who knows:

1) Beer and wine slush better than grain spirits. Believe it or not, a beer slushy or a pinot or rose make really yummy slushies.

2) If you want to do hard alcohol slushies, you need to have a mixer, preferably one with some sugar content to get the best texture on your slushy. Tequila shot slushies, alas, won't work with this! But a Rum and Coke slushy works all night and day! Another trick - put your hard liquor in the freezer before you make a slushy with it. It will speed the slushing process.

Kids aren't the only ones who like their slushies!

amyjg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amyjg
erockrph wrote:OK - so I'll man up and ask the important question. Has anyone used these for alcoholic beverages? Do these get cold enough for mixed drink slushies, or does a reasonable amount of alcohol depress the freezing point enough where you can't make instant margaritas/daiquiris/etc?

tried it with a limearite, low alcohol content, and didn't work so well. it was super chilled, but not slushy

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80's quotes...
"If your hair moves while headbanging, you didn't use enough hairspray."
"It's not how WELL you sing, it's how HIGH you sing!"

badhusky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages badhusky

Monster energy + slushy = Cornholio

Oooh, I can't wait.

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander

Bought three. Going to keep two for my husband and I to experiment with....that doesn't sound dirty right?

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

dani283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dani283

My kid got the original for Christmas and I use it all the time. I've gotten a few adult beverages to freeze just fine. Chocolate milk is the best though! Kids really like apple juice.

richellelander

dani283 wrote:My kid got the original for Christmas and I use it all the time. I've gotten a few adult beverages to freeze just fine. Chocolate milk is the best though! Kids really like apple juice.

I can think of a few better uses for chocolate syrup but what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

richellelander

Am I the only one who didn't get slushy straws?

Edit: I found them. They were on the bottom of the box tucked under the brown paper. Good thing I went back outside and looked at the box.