WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

My son isn't old enough to speak in full sentences, so he hasn't said anything particularly disturbing yet. The closest thing I have to relate is the night he offered his milk to mommy, then daddy, then an invisible person apparently standing behind us. Later that night during bath time, he also pointed to the invisible person standing in the bathroom doorway, and then waved goodnight to the invisible person at bed time. Every time he did it, shivers ran down my spine.

Quite a few of my friends have regaled me with stories of the creepy things their kids have said, and we always have a good laugh. So when I found this article, I knew I had to share it. There are a few good ones there, but if you want more, check out this Reddit thread.

So what's the creepiest thing your kid has ever said?

schuyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schuyler

My son was 3 and complained every night about the ghost in his closet keeping him awake. We figured it was just typical 3 year olds not wanting to stay in bed, so kep blowing it off. We'd spray a water bottle in the closet and tell him it was anti-ghost spray. The next day he'd say the ghost didn't like being wet. He never said the ghost did anything in particular, just kept him awake. This went on every single night for a year. Then we moved to a new house. He hasn't said anything about a ghost keeping him awake since the day we moved.

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

schuyler wrote:My son was 3 and complained every night about the ghost in his closet keeping him awake. We figured it was just typical 3 year olds not wanting to stay in bed, so kep blowing it off. We'd spray a water bottle in the closet and tell him it was anti-ghost spray. The next day he'd say the ghost didn't like being wet. He never said the ghost did anything in particular, just kept him awake. This went on every single night for a year. Then we moved to a new house. He hasn't said anything about a ghost keeping him awake since the day we moved.

EEEK! Goosebumps!

onliners2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onliners2

One day my 2yr old grandson was at my house. We were in his "play room" sitting in the floor playing when he turned and looked up (at a bare wall), he continued to stare and then looked at me and said "granny, she said she's dead." I asked him who said that and he pointed to the wall (near the ceiling)....he continued to watch that spot.....WE GOT OUT OF THERE!

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

My son was about 4 years old. My husband and I were sitting in the front seats of the car but we were parked and waiting to go in somewhere. My son was out of his carseat (since we were parked) and leaned between the two front seats, between us. There was a couple of kids playing tennis directly in front of the car. One hit the ball over the fence and a third kid ran to pick up the ball which landed in front of the car. As he bent over to pick it up, my son says in a very slow....very creepy...very super-villain voice... "gooooooood booooooy...." We turned and he had a villainous smile.

He also would sit at the top of the slide at my parents house and just jabber away with the thin air next to the slide - right at eye level where an adult would be if they were standing next to the slide. If you asked him who he was talking to, he would get all exasperated (you know, cause we should KNOW already) and say "the MAN" as he rolled his eyes at us for being so ridiculous for asking.